Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

To your point though, The team did lean on 12 making people better, but Gutey also had a lot of areas to fix, and well. a HOF qb does make his players better. 

Every team and every GM is faced with the neverending need to fill holes and patch problems. 

We needed (and need) to continually infuse our team with new young TOP offensive talent - in an offensive league.

Dont have to draft three guys in one year - but one a draft would be nice - and I dont mean bottom feeders / developmental projects only.

Players.

Frankly, I'm not so sure how good they are at it.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Every team and every GM is faced with the neverending need to fill holes and patch problems. 

We needed (and need) to continually infuse our team with new young TOP offensive talent - in an offensive league.

Dont have to draft three guys in one year - but one a draft would be nice - and I dont mean bottom feeders / developmental projects only.

Players.

Frankly, I'm not so sure how good they are at it.

Like I said a lot of holes. They prob should of kept Jordy and Cobb when they wanted to come back cheap and instead of 3 picks late go for a WR is the 2nd or 3rd where we have been successful. They didn't but WRs are not why we have not been back to a super bowl so at the end of the day I'm fine with them making other positions of need a higher priority. I don't think they will be doing that moving forward though. 

also, Collinsworth is a blow hard. fkk him

Edited by Toddfather

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really don't think Julio can stay healthy enough to make it work.  He just can't be counted on .. neither can OBJ either. 

Here's the thing. The older you get, the more those nagging injuries start to crop up. I hope Davante balls out...he's not in the NFC and I've never had any issues with the Raiders. I just think GB made the right call by cashing out now regarding him. The timing of it is whats weird with them going all-in with Rodgers for another year or 2. Gotta see how they address the WR room from here on out before fully judging. Every year since becoming GM, Gute has zeroed in on a specific position group to completely overhaul. CB in 2018, EDGE in 2019. I'm expecting this offseason to be WR

Just now, Toddfather said:

Like I said a lot of holes. They prob should of kept Jordy and Cobb when they wanted to come back cheap and instead of 3 picks late go for a WR is the 2nd or 3rd where we have been successful. They didn't but WRs are not why we have not back to a super bowl so at the end of the day I'm fine with them making other positions of need a higher priority. I don't think they will be doing that moving forward though. 

Just keep the talent coming.

Then - when one of the really good one hits that major contract - we've got the depth behind him to (either) pay him - or do what happened just now - trade him - cash in - and rely on what's been running around AND PRODUCING all their rookie contracts.

Then draft some more.

Rinse & repeat. Rinse & repeat.

Dont let the WR position become just one guy and a bunch of "okay guys" - but nothing that's gonna put you over the top.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's a take......

Its a dumb take. First he says there's an abundance of talent now. Then chastises Green Bay for trading the leagues best away. According to his first statement, shouldn't it be easy to find guys to fill in then?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Someone should tell him we don't have 2 great corners, we have 3.

Hopefully. Not done yet.

10 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I still think he is a top 3 through this next deal. Then maybe the ring chasing contracts begin. Dude is an absolute stud. 

at 34? Has anyone ever done that?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Just keep the talent coming.

Then - when one of the really good one hits that major contract - we've got the depth behind him to (either) pay him - or do what happened just now - trade him - cash in - and rely on what's been running around AND PRODUCING all their rookie contracts.

Then draft some more.

Rinse & repeat. Rinse & repeat.

Dont let the WR position become just one guy and a bunch of "okay guys" - but nothing that's gonna put you over the top.

I get your point in theory and like I stated, I think this is the next position that will get an influx of early draft talent and a vet or two. I also know we will hopefully have a red zone target like Tonyan back. We still have Aaron jones. We have talent to move the ball around and be successful. I also have not given up on Amari. Not implying you have either.

• Like 1

For me this is the best trade the Packers have ever done, at least in the days I remember:

Packers lost:

- Probably the best WR in all of Football right now

- Absolutely nothing else

Packers gained:

- Not paying a 30 yrs old WR $30M a year and thus need to cut more players to be able to do so

- Probably getting Rasul back and have an amazing Nickel Package with Alexander, Stokes and Douglas

- Having some more Cap Space to eventually sign TE Tonyan to a Prove-it Deal and also sign a Veteran WR like JuJu (I absolutely don't want to sign Jones, OBJ or Landry, though, washed)

- Getting another 1st and 2nd Round Pick in this year's Draft, which is loaded in WR talent in the first 3 rounds

- Having the opportunity to use one of the acquired Draft picks to send them to SEA for DK Metcalf (with or without Love)

Overall:

We lost one big piece at WR, but now we're able to bring the gang back with more cash, 2 premium Draft Picks and less Cap trouble upcoming. I have only love for this trade, even if I have to admit that I will miss Tea. But that trade for me just looks like a masterpiece. Thanks, Gute. firegute.com will get a 404 error. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd like to have MVS back because they sorely need his speed/deep threat ability...but he's not the type of WR to get into a bidding war with.

My knee jerk is to say "I agree"....but is putting money towards MVS worse than putting it towards JuJu? I honestly cant say cause I cant gauge JuJu's impact....but I've seen MVS for a few years now.....and while he's made strides - confidence that he could be "the all around guy" is lacking.