Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Now...now....before the "aint-pundit" bias kicks in......he's right in one way - a way that I've been harping on for a long, time.....that GB's let the WR room get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too thin.......and as a consequence (or a bad habit....) our QB had eyes for one guy only....or primarily.

We lacked the wide ranging passing attack - like the other teams Cowherd mentions - have.

So - once our one and only WR gets to stratospheric salary levels........what were we stuck on doing? Pay the man.

Well.....apparently....the man had other ideas.....and, even though it's gonna FORCE GB to make some quick adjustments and decisions - I can live with it.

This isn't just "anti-pundit" though. This is Colin Cowherd, who is the the subbasement that rotted through the bottom of the barrel. Might be one step up from Skip Bayless. Maybe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd like to have MVS back because they sorely need his speed/deep threat ability...but he's not the type of WR to get into a bidding war with.

I think there are MUCH more valuable (for the money) options available for that role in our offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

My knee jerk is to say "I agree"....but is putting money towards MVS worse than putting it towards JuJu? I honestly cant say cause I cant gauge JuJu's impact....but I've seen MVS for a few years now.....and while he's made strides - confidence that he could be "the all around guy" is lacking. 

I think we can draft an MVS replacement in the 2nd round this year.  This is a deep WR draft.

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

This isn't just "anti-pundit" though. This is Colin Cowherd, who is the the subbasement that rotted through the bottom of the barrel. Might be one step up from Skip Bayless. Maybe.

LOL.  You opinion's noted. He's actually well connected in the sports world though. How about you? You talk to a lot of GMs and Agents do ya?  In touch with a wide array of sports journalists? I love it when people who spit out countless opinions  on social media - jump all over somebody with notoriety when they state their - as if (for no known reason...) theirs is a lesser one. 

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully. Not done yet.

at 34? Has anyone ever done that?

Steve Smith had 1k years at 33 and 35. Fitzgerald had three straight 1k years from 32 to 34. Driver had 1k years from ages 29 through 34. Jerry Rice went 1.5k, 1.4k, 1.8k, 1.2k yards (31 to age 34) and produced several more 1k years until he turned 40. Marvin Harrison had 1.3k yards at age 34 (the Super Bowl year). Owens had that monster year for Dallas at age 34 (1.3k yards, 15 TDs).

So...not impossible but generally it seems to be Hall of Fame or near HoF players doing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL.  You opinion's noted. He's actually well connected in the sports world though. How about you? You talk to a lot of GMs and Agents do ya?  In touch with a wide array of sports journalists? I love it when people who spit out countless opinions  on social media - jump all over somebody with notoriety when they state their - as if (for no known reason...) theirs is a lesser one. 

Are you...defending Skip Bayless?!