Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

Steve Smith had 1k years at 33 and 35. Fitzgerald had three straight 1k years from 32 to 34. Driver had 1k years from ages 29 through 34. Jerry Rice went 1.5k, 1.4k, 1.8k, 1.2k yards (31 to age 34) and produced several more 1k years until he turned 40. Marvin Harrison had 1.3k yards at age 34 (the Super Bowl year). Owens had that monster year for Dallas at age 34 (1.3k yards, 15 TDs).

So...not impossible but generally it seems to be Hall of Fame or near HoF players doing it.

Cool let’s get Julio and massage his hammy every snap. He’s only 32-33.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Are you...defending Skip Bayless?!

No. I posted a video of Colin Cowherd wherein he discussed the Packer WR situation - correctly. It's an opinion. To be considered based on the merits of the opinion itself - not discounted out of hand because of who's offering it.  

Just now, Leader said:

No. I posted a video of Colin Cowherd wherein he discussed the Packer WR situation - correctly. It's an opinion. To be considered based on the merits of the opinion itself - not discounted out of hand because of who's offering it.  

His opinion was a joke, WRs are not what makes teams successful. The Rams and 49ers advanced because of dominant DLs, just like the greatest team in NFL history was robbed of a 19-0 season, by the most dominant DL in the NFL. The trenches and QB play still dictate the league.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno, I buy this. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he had his sights on a different place last year. 

Especially if there's any sort of truth to him turning down a similar deal from us.

We knew the raiders rumor but damn. 

I don't see how you fix this. Maybe you can get 3 guys for less total and Aaron is on board. 

Idk man. Seems insane.

I'll say more in the AM after I process this I've been too busy watching college basketball. 

Metcalf would be nice for the 2022 season, but he is going into the last year of his rookie deal and could very well be looking at a $20-25M per year contract.  

I would prefer a FA addition and draft 1 WR in round 1 or 2, then a double dip in round 3-5 range.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

His opinion was a joke, WRs are not what makes teams successful. The Rams and 49ers advanced because of dominant DLs, just like the greatest team in NFL history was robbed of a 19-0 season, by the most dominant DL in the NFL. The trenches and QB play still dictate the league.

Again - he highlighted a handful of teams that have loaded up at the WR position - and contrasted that to GB's situation.

I agree with him (and have stated as such numerous times by myself) in that the Packers have let their passing game go to **** - it was the Davante or Die passing attack. It didnt get us over the hump and frankly I was dismayed we found ourselves in the situation we were in: Davante at massive contract levels - with not viable depth behind him. 

That's an organizational mistake IMO and you'll not convince me otherwise.

That's all Cowherd was speaking to. The value of a wide ranging / spread passing attack. Not positional values across the board: LTs versue EDGE versus ILBs etc. 

So - no. His opinion wasnt a joke. It was focused and right on target when it came to describin GB's situation.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Collin Cowherd is a deeply unserious person and one of those sports figures who makes their living basically by being an obtuse contrarian.   Basically anything he has to say I would put more stock in if it came from someone on here saying it.

I hate that dude but he's been better the last couple years tbh

Just now, Norm said:

Can't wait for Adams to talk **** about AR though lol.

Adams:  "dude was just passing me the ball like 15-20 times a game.   Like give it a rest already, let me have a play off now and then."   I got sick of it, I wanted out so I could just run some lazy routes and do normal WR things, you know the weird stuff all the other WR are doing"

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

Adams:  "dude was just passing me the ball like 15-20 times a game.   Like give it a rest already, let me have a play off now and then."   I got sick of it, I wanted out so I could just run some lazy routes and do normal WR things, you know the weird stuff all the other WR are doing"

I love you

• Like 1