Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I’m gonna laugh if the NFL forces Houston to forfeit the 1st rounders we gave them.

Like, bro NDA’s and providing a way out and a means of committing assault?!?!?! That’s knowingly being an accomplice if not more.

yogi-gif.gif

I do think it’s interesting though that the same people who understand how much of a joke the NFL is as far as judgment and discipline are in wait and see mode on letting things play out with D24.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

What you wanna bet? Sig bet what? The Texans were dysfunctional 😂 they traded Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson. That’s the definition of dysfunctional. 

Want to hear dysfunctional? We traded 3 first rounders for a serial predatory and gave him the same amount of guaranteed money as Mahomes + Allen combined even though he quit on his last team and his teams gone 4-12 60% of the season's since he's been in the league. That's 100x worse than only getting a second rounder for Hopkins. 

• Like 7

Yeah 3 1sts and change for Deshaun + record contract and all the chips are in. Careers hang in the balance of him working out here. This FO will have to do Olympic caliber mental gymnastics to justify continuing to ride this long saga without bailing. As a fan I’m even embarrassed to be associated with this trade (regardless the eventual outcome). And I’m a Browns fan with a rich tradition in being ashamed and embarrassed. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I still don't believe this wasn't spearheaded by Haslem directly or indirectly.  Either it was his idea or the front office didn't feel like there jobs were safe if they had another mediocre season.

Man, for some reason my gut says the front office (and particularly Berry) is at the root of it, not Jimmy. But we'll see.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Want to hear dysfunctional? We traded 3 first rounders for a serial predatory and gave him the same amount of guaranteed money as Mahomes + Allen combined even though he quit on his last team and his teams gone 4-12 60% of the season's since he's been in the league. That's 100x worse than only getting a second rounder for Hopkins. 

We are probably the only team to ever get fleeced by the Houston Texans

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Man, for some reason my gut says the front office (and particularly Berry) is at the root of it, not Jimmy. But we'll see.

It was such a desperation move, that's why I think it comes from Jimmy.

And it was uncalled for, record wise we weren't that bad considering how awful Baker played.  We would probably be in the playoff hunt this year if Baker even played average then we could move on from him after.

Instead we potentially (probably?) threw away the next 5 years in an all in move for a Super Bowl.  Seems like a Jimmy thing. 

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It was such a desperation move, that's why I think it comes from Jimmy.

And it was uncalled for, record wise we weren't that bad considering how awful Baker played.  We would probably be in the playoff hunt this year if Baker even played average then we could move on from him after.

Instead we potentially (probably?) threw away the next 5 years in an all in move for a Super Bowl.  Seems like a Jimmy thing. 

This was an 'I only have 2 years left before I die and want to see a superbowl' type move. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

This was an 'I only have 2 years left before I die and want to see a superbowl' type move. 

Whelp

Jimmy’s only prayer is if our defense plays like the 2015-2016 Denver Broncos! So literally nobody can afford to miss significant time on that side of the ball.