Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

In the end haslems lose control of the team.

Deshaun gets suspended 2 years pending further investigation then they let the New York times hire the Investors plus the attorney. 

Just remember the league is just as at fault as Deshaun's supporters are.

Talk about sound bites for 30 years

Against us.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Deflecting doesn't really work. Baker Mayfield has nothing to do with Watson's off the field issues.

I'm sorry these women keep coming forward, that must be difficult on you so I'm here if you need anything.

hahahaha  I'm glad to hear that you will be here for me!  I'm here for you...to welcome you back, when you continue to cheer on the Browns with Watson at the helm.  I get that it's suuuuuuuuuchhhhh a difficult internal decision you have to make.  When someone of your character, who has that strong integrity, is forced to make these decisions, it must really hurt.  And I want you to know that everyone cares about your feelings

All will be forgotten

The fact of that matter is if he wasn't a Brown he'd be on another team. It's not like we were his only option.

When your team has been a dumpster fire for the better part of 20 years I guess it becomes less fun to see them have a shot.

But then again, you're a member of a forum built around poor jokes and a follow the leader mentality. Most of the intelligent posters packed up and moved on

I stopped coming here years ago because it became a joke, good to see it got even worse over the years somehow 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

But then again, you're a member of a forum built around poor jokes and a follow the leader mentality. Most of the intelligent posters packed up and moved on

Yeah man I’ve been trying to hold it down 😂 

it’s been tough trying to keep the quality but we trying 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah man I’ve been trying to hold it down 😂 

it’s been tough trying to keep the quality but we trying 

Sugarcoat it however you want, but you're defending a (likely) serial predator because he plays for your team and throws a football good. Just say you don't care about the allegations and are happy about finally having an elite QB. Be honest about it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Sugarcoat it however you want, but you're defending a (likely) serial predator because he plays for your team and throws a football good. Just say you don't care about the allegations and are happy about finally having an elite QB. Be honest about it.

I’m totally objective. Like I’ve said I think he gets 8-10 gets and I personally think to put himself in this situation was negligent and reckless. I wasn’t in those rooms so I don’t know what happened. I don’t know how credible these women are. That’s why I’m letting the courts play everything out. 

I do think he will play and not be suspended an entire year because there’s no basis based on previous suspensions he should get a year. He wasn’t convicted in criminal court. There’s just no precedence for it based on previous suspensions. I don’t think Deshaun will get a full year when proven domestic violence issues have gotta less. It’s just too hypocritical. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 6:48 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think @Bucketheadsdadhad season tickets  that year. 

I was two, and as I grew up, my father was a Cowboys AND Steelers through the 70's and 80's.  Some pretty serious frontrunner headwinds during my formative years.  

Can't recall getting to too many games of any kind when I was a kid, but I do vividly going to Municipal Stadium for an Indians/Orioles game with Mike Cuellar pitching, and he was pitching a great game.  We had to get to the car to get out of the parking lot to beat the crowd (probably somewhere around 4,000 people).  Had to make the LONG drive back to Sandusky.  🙄 I don't think I saw the 6th inning of ANY game when my dad took me.  

I didn't get to stay for an entire game of any kind during my "formative years".  It wasn't until I took myself to a game that I got to see the final buzzer, or all zeroes on the scoreboard.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Well this isnt good for us but lmao the Texans probably did come after him for asking for that trade. 

This is what I have been saying for a while now......and I think Watson got that FULLY Guaranteed Contract AND then told the Texans......

Thorin Oakenshield GIF - Thorin Oakenshield Armitage - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

All will be forgotten

The fact of that matter is if he wasn't a Brown he'd be on another team. It's not like we were his only option.

When your team has been a dumpster fire for the better part of 20 years I guess it becomes less fun to see them have a shot.

I stopped coming here years ago because it became a joke, good to see it got even worse over the years somehow 

The last 4 years have been frustrating in their own right but I wasn't ready to send our team back to the dark ages on some crap like this.  I'm hoping this won't blow apart the team, I can live with Watson on the team if it gets us a Super Bowl, but I didn't like our odds when we signed him and I like them less now.

Hopefully I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m totally objective. Like I’ve said I think he gets 8-10 gets and I personally think to put himself in this situation was negligent and reckless. I wasn’t in those rooms so I don’t know what happened. I don’t know how credible these women are. That’s why I’m letting the courts play everything out. 

I do think he will play and not be suspended an entire year because there’s no basis based on previous suspensions he should get a year. He wasn’t convicted in criminal court. There’s just no precedence for it based on previous suspensions. I don’t think Deshaun will get a full year when proven domestic violence issues have gotta less. It’s just too hypocritical. 

There hasn’t been anything remotely similar to this case before. 

59 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

There hasn’t been anything remotely similar to this case before. 

Well... sorta. You just have to do some math. One sexual assault claim with no criminal charges equaled 6 games reduced to 4. Roethlisberger had a previous accusation that he settled so we'll call it 2 games per assault, which seems fair. So... 48 games. 

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

However, a failure to comply with the NFL's ruling might lead to a longer suspension.

Roethlisberger is barred from attending any Steelers on-field, offseason activity until he completes the evaluation. He can participate in training camp and preseason games this summer as long as he is cleared by the evaluators and Goodell.

Roethlisberger is the first player suspended by Goodell under the conduct policy who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well... sorta. You just have to do some math. One sexual assault claim with no criminal charges equaled 6 games reduced to 4. Roethlisberger had a previous accusation that he settled so we'll call it 2 games per assault, which seems fair. So... 48 games. 

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

However, a failure to comply with the NFL's ruling might lead to a longer suspension.

Roethlisberger is barred from attending any Steelers on-field, offseason activity until he completes the evaluation. He can participate in training camp and preseason games this summer as long as he is cleared by the evaluators and Goodell.

Roethlisberger is the first player suspended by Goodell under the conduct policy who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime.

One case doesn’t equal 20+ cases going on 30+ cases. Not a remotely close comparison. 

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Where is Deshauns sexual assault case?

I haven’t seen that yet. Is that new?

just fyi Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Assault are two different things. 

• Like 2