Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It was determined there was no human trafficking going on at that establishment and he was "massaged" by the owner of the establishment. Trying to make Kraft look worse doesn't make Watson look any better. I know it hurts a narrative to know facts sometimes but sheesh, read an article on a subject before claiming someone is human trafficking, that's extremely careless.

A prostitute isn't necessarily a victim. Maybe a victim of circumstances, life choices or whatever but not by the customers that they seek out to offer their services.

Are adult film stars victims? Models victims? Are cheerleaders victims?

Watson has claims against him that at least 28 women felt uncomfortable up to feeling forced to touch/perform acts against their will. Kraft has zero claims of the like.

I'm as anti-owner as they come but there is no comparison between someone willingly performing acts and someone being forced or pressured into uncomfortable acts or situations.

P.S. Kraft has a lot more money than Watson and would be a huge target and not one woman tried to swindle him. Also it is so much more believable that a woman would be less attracted to an 80 something year old man than a mid 20's athlete. Still, 0 claims of Kraft acting out against a female and a ton against Watson. They aren't the same. Watson is a million times worse. His suspension should emphasize that.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that anybody as rich as Kraft could probably get away with human trafficking or sexual assault on a pretty large scale without any public accusations.

I agree that it has nothing to do with Watson though. 

If Deshaun Watson was worth $8.4 billion, I don't think we hear about any of these accusations. 

Edited by Rod Johnson

27 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that anybody as rich as Kraft could probably get away with human trafficking or sexual assault on a pretty large scale without any public accusations.

I agree that it has nothing to do with Watson though. 

If Deshaun Watson was worth $8.4 billion, I don't think we hear about any of these accusations. 

So are you saying if I was Watson I'd be in prison if I did what he did?

If a billionaire could get away with human trafficking and sexual assault (something no one has ever claimed he did) and a multimillionaire can get away with sexual misconduct and sexual assault (many claims) only a poor guy like me can't get away with it? Well, me and R. Kelly I guess.

I mean, look at Epstein.

If you’re a mega rich dude, people will look the other way. When you’re talking billions, you can pay judges, politicians, reporters, and basically anybody you can think of.

*Maybe* you can as a millionaire, but you don’t have unlimited pockets and your influence might not be as strong.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean, look at Epstein.

If you’re a mega rich dude, people will look the other way. When you’re talking billions, you can pay judges, politicians, reporters, and basically anybody you can think of.

*Maybe* you can as a millionaire, but you don’t have unlimited pockets and your influence might not be as strong.

Just a reminder...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Just a reminder...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

Interesting....two days ago I mention the irony of Watson's hearing beginning on the same day that something else associated with (above) was "culminating", and it got deleted.  

Office Space Side Eye GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean, look at Epstein.

and that is everything wrong with this country lol

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So are you saying if I was Watson I'd be in prison if I did what he did?

If a billionaire could get away with human trafficking and sexual assault (something no one has ever claimed he did) and a multimillionaire can get away with sexual misconduct and sexual assault (many claims) only a poor guy like me can't get away with it? Well, me and R. Kelly I guess.

I'm saying it's apples to oranges for more reasons than you're describing.  Kraft doesn't have a target on his back because he has the money to make Tony Buzbee and those women shut up or go away. 

• Like 1

So apparently it sounds like the NFLPA is trying to use the fact Watson sat out all of 2021 as a 'suspension' in the hope of him getting his 2022 suspension reduced. 

I have always wondered why him missing all of last year already wasnt be factored in at all. He has basically already been suspended an entire season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

So apparently it sounds like the NFLPA is trying to use the fact Watson sat out all of 2021 as a 'suspension' in the hope of him getting his 2022 suspension reduced. 

I have always wondered why him missing all of last year already wasnt be factored in at all. He has basically already been suspended an entire season.

This isn’t from the nflPA. It’s from florio who writes about 50 Watson articles a day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Watson demanded a trade and stated he was going to sit out all of 2021 if he wasn't traded. So that wasn't all about his criminal/civil cases and nothing came from the league office so there is no way they consider him sitting out/dealing with court cases as part of a suspension. 

Just wishful thinking on those wanting to see Watson skate by. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm saying it's apples to oranges for more reasons than you're describing.  Kraft doesn't have a target on his back because he has the money to make Tony Buzbee and those women shut up or go away. 

Weird that he was charged for soliciting prostitution if he is untouchable. 

Anything is possible but on the surface it appears that what Kraft did is what all parties said he did. 

Watson's case is different because everyone  in his cases tell a much different story than Watson who says he was a gentleman to every woman who refused his advances and the rest were consensual. 

It's like saying the President can get away with murder so he probably murders people nightly. There is nothing against Kraft other than what he was charged with. Trying to make stuff up to make Watson seem like a victim because he doesn't have billions of dollars like some other guy who could get away scot free even though no one ever claimed he did anything like that is just diverting from the facts of his case to an imaginary case where no action was done so Watson also shouldn't be judged harshly because that guy wasn't in an imaginary case.

It doesn't make sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Trying to make stuff up to make Watson seem like a victim because he doesn't have billions of dollars like some other guy who could get away scot free even though no one ever claimed he did anything like that is just diverting from the facts of his case to an imaginary case where no action was done so Watson also shouldn't be judged harshly because that guy wasn't in an imaginary case.

This single sentence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Weird that he was charged for soliciting prostitution if he is untouchable. 

Anything is possible but on the surface it appears that what Kraft did is what all parties said he did. 

Watson's case is different because everyone  in his cases tell a much different story than Watson who says he was a gentleman to every woman who refused his advances and the rest were consensual. 

It's like saying the President can get away with murder so he probably murders people nightly. There is nothing against Kraft other than what he was charged with. Trying to make stuff up to make Watson seem like a victim because he doesn't have billions of dollars like some other guy who could get away scot free even though no one ever claimed he did anything like that is just diverting from the facts of his case to an imaginary case where no action was done so Watson also shouldn't be judged harshly because that guy wasn't in an imaginary case.

It doesn't make sense. 

That's not like what I'm saying at all.  I never said that Kraft did any of those things, I'm saying having more money than Watson doesn't make him a bigger target because the money he has makes him borderline unf***withable. 

You're using strawman.  I didn't accuse Kraft of anything, I don't care about his case or how it relates to DeShaun.  I'm just pointing out that being worth $8 billion doesn't mean you're more likely to get sued for sexual assault.  It makes it more likely you can satisfy whatever perversions you have without repercussion. 

Edited by Rod Johnson