Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was both. He's a very effective receiver in this scheme. 

He's an NFL level player at everything he's asked to do with the possible exception of his hands, and even those looked good last year. 

Okay.  I think we found a place to agree.  Also agree that the focus on Davante was a problem.

When heLazard is our best, that is a problem.   We need more.  We are going to have to address the position in the draft fairly high.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Sure, I understand that the Packers value Lazard more. Even you and I agreed that we wouldn't have put a 2nd round tender on Lazard. He's the guy who you keep around if he's there for $2.5m but if someone signs him to an offer sheet, you shake his hand and let him go.

That goes without saying.  But the Packers aren't paying him $4M to sit on the bench, especially when he's been productive.  You top 3 are going to be a FA, Lazard, and a rookie.

I just think people need to start looking at WRs in this system for their roles and not some paint-by-numbers #1/2/3. 

The spot we're lacking right now is the outside possession guy and the extend the field type. Presumably a UFA fills the possession role and MVS is back filling the deep shot role. Cobb and Rodgers have the slot role, Lazard's role is unique to his abilities IMO. He's arguably the best blocking WR in the NFL and that's huge for our run game. He's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future IMO.

• Like 4

Just now, Leader said:

Better idea. Why dont you **** off. You get in my grill for absolutely no reason with your snarky comments...I'll just come back harder....and I promise, I give back way better than you can deliver.

Right back at ya tough guy. You endlessly whine about needing to draft a WR in the 1st round backed up with no reasoning except 'I want a WR, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE' like 2 YO throwing a tantrum. Your suggestion to me was to just offer opinions only, well newsflash to you tough guy, your whining isn't an opinion and has become very common with Packer fans (which is what I pointed out) and is based on nothing but your own lack of understanding.      

23 minutes ago, hitnhope said:
26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That may work well in the regular season, but you won't win a super bowl that way.

Neat how that works!!!

That was my point.

if your point was that getting to the super bowl is to get better on the DL, then why are you pushing for a WR?

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Right back at ya tough guy. You endlessly whine about needing to draft a WR in the 1st round backed up with no reasoning except 'I want a WR, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE' like 2 YO throwing a tantrum. Your suggestion to me was to just offer opinions only, well newsflash to you tough guy, your whining isn't an opinion and has become very common with Packer fans (which is what I pointed out) and is based on nothing but your own lack of understanding.      

Again.....**** off ****** bag.

I've been discussing our passing attack for months. I underscored that just for you. Apparently you've missed it. I guess you weren't around or paying attention because everything I'm saying now is perfectly consistent with what I've been saying for quite some time and none of it is "whining".

So -if you want to engage me on the topic - get caught up on what I've actually been saying AND DISCUSS THE TOPIC and not comment on it being a "you problem".

Otherwise **** off.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just think people need to start looking at WRs in this system for their roles and not some paint-by-numbers #1/2/3. 

The spot we're lacking right now is the outside possession guy and the extend the field type. Presumably a UFA fills the possession role and MVS is back filling the deep shot role. Cobb and Rodgers have the slot role, Lazard's role is unique to his abilities IMO. He's arguably the best blocking WR in the NFL and that's huge for our run game. He's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future IMO.

Agreed.

It is going to be tough to move on from Adams, but the GB offense under MLF the last 3 years is 7-0 without Adams.   Yes it is a small sample size.  Could it have issues in the post season, that we don't know.

Rodgers without Adams in the last 3 years

Passing
  Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate
2021 vs ARI 22 37 184 2 0 1 0 33 90.4
2020 vs NO 21 32 283 3 0 1 12 72 124.9
2020 vs ATL 27 33 327 4 0 1 12 29 147.5
2019 vs DAL 22 34 238 0 0 2 23 23 85.2
2019 vs DET 24 39 283 2 1 1 6 46 90
2019 vs OAK 25 31 429 5 0 1 8 74 158.3
2019 vs KC 23 33 305 3 0 5 49 67 129

ARI was 7-0 entering that game.  finished as a playoff team
NO was 1-1 entering that game and finished 12-4 as a division winner and playoff team
ATL was crap
DAL was 3-1 entering that game, finished 8-8
DET was 2-1-1 entering the game and was bad 
OAK was 3-2 entering the game and finished 7-9
KC was 5-2 entering the game and finished 12-4 as a division winner and SB Champ

Pretty balanced representation of an overall schedule.  2 division winners, 1 playoff team, 2 playoff contenders, 2 crap teams.  

qhU2cl0.png

Let's talk about that 49ers game:

w7KmluK.jpg

This went to Davante up top and not Lazard on the bottom. 

yu4pEIh.jpg

Davante is going to get a catch and some yards here. No chance Lazard makes this play. Could never happen.

nyrDcTy.jpg

This ended up being a checkdown for a gain of practically nothing rather than a first down and a big gain to Lazard.

rNypfr4.jpg

This ended up being the deep ball to Jones, but Lazard was also open here.

zmw8imK.jpg

Rodgers just flat misses this. Lazard open going deep. Adams was open too, but Lazard is open deep.

coetFeT.jpg

Both Adams and Lazard are open, Lazard moreso than Adams, but Adams gets the target.

e2vCATi.jpg

Why throw to a wide open Lazard when you can force a 50/50 ball to a double covered Davante?

Bc5Nd3K.jpg

This went to Cobb for some reason. This didn't have to go to Lazard, but it sure should have gone to Deguara before Cobb.

WWQuub8.jpg

This is the end of the game. It's been talked about ad nauseum. Why go to Lazard when you can force one to Davante in double coverage

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, squire12 said:

if your point was that getting to the super bowl is to get better on the DL, then why are you pushing for a WR?

Why would you think it is a 1 or the other proposition?  We have 4 premium picks.  I took exception to the idea that none of them should be spent on a WR because Lazard and MVS are good enough.  

Look above this post and see that it continues.  You can post pictures of individual plays all you want.  Those two aren't good enough.   We also should be looking at upgrading from lowry and Lancaster.  We also should be looking to add an Edge, OL, S, LB.   You wont get everything, but really need to get a WR out of this draft.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Dude.....stop pretending you've got a corner on reality.

No and I'd actually reached that conclusion on my own. Whattdayno.
None of them excite me for various & differing reasons as "the guy" that's gonna put us over the top.

Fine - then you're reinforcing my point that we need to draft a guy as high as possible to MAXIMIZE the available skill set in this draft. Maybe he's not Justin or Chase - but opposite the up & coming Lazard.....we might have something.  FA's wont cut it by themselves.....and IMO at least....just running the same crew back and expecting exponential on the field explosion is fools gold.

We've got the MVP. Lets upgrade the passing attack....as much as possible at least......to offset DA's departure.

Btw - whats a REALISTIC return target for Tonyan (if we resign him that is.....) and how much can we expect from him production-wise?

So stop posting about needing or wanting that stud, it's not happening because he's not for sale. We're actually getting what you really want I would imagine, a balanced attack running through multiple options.

• Like 2