The Sidney Jones Thread

Phire

It was previously floated around that the Eagles had to make a decision by week 12. However, there was a rule change for this year and so the Eagles can bring him back to practice any time this year. But once he takes the field, the Eagles have three weeks to fully activate him to the roster, or else he remains on NFI for the rest of the season.

In previous years, the Eagles had until Week 12 to get Jones onto the practice field. If he wasn't practicing by Week 12, Jones would have had to remain on the non-football injury list for the remainder of the season. Jones can start practicing after Week 12 and still be activated.

Once Jones hits the practice field, he has 21 days to be activated to the active roster (basically three weeks of practice to get into football shape). The Eagles will have three options with his status once the 21-day window hits: activate him, cut him (not happening), or keep him on the non-football injury list.

Here's Undlin talking about his progress otherwise:

And according to secondary coach Cory Undlin, Jones already “knows the defense,” meaning the only thing holding him back is his injured Achilles.

“He has not changed since he got here,” Undlin said Tuesday when asked about Jones. “Every meeting – hasn’t missed one meeting. Hasn’t missed a practice. I mean, he's missed practice because he’s not [healthy], but he’s out there every single day. He stands right next to us. He gets every call in every period. I call on him in the meetings as if he was playing – he’s obviously not. He knows the defense.”

According to the article Doug has been letting Sidney travel with the team, and the article seems to imply that he doesn't have to do that. Letting him see how players prepare pre-game and how to handle himself traveling etc. 

I love where we are on Defense, Schwartz seems to understand adapting is essential in creating a successful defense. We blitz, we send four, we play off, we make teams 1 dimensional as long as the Offense doesn't go into the tank we are capable of winning games. 

Don't want to rush him, but I hope he comes and helps us this year. We are going to need him if there is an injury and in the playoffs. 

He was my favorite CB coming out, and watching Lattimore ball out, makes me want to see what Jones brings to the table. 

Yeah I asked about Sidney in another thread. Wasn't aware of the New Rule so that is very good news! He can basically wait another few weeks rehabing and possibly "then" get practice reps for a playoff push!!

I was worried he be rushed back this week coming to either activate him to the 53 or be IR'd for the rest of the season.

Good to know!!

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I asked about Sidney in another thread. Wasn't aware of the New Rule so that is very good news! He can basically wait another few weeks rehabing and possibly "then" get practice reps for a playoff push!!

I was worried he be rushed back this week coming to either activate him to the 53 or be IR'd for the rest of the season.

Good to know!!

he should be completely healed by this point probably just doing strength training. In the doug pederson video where he gives the team a week off you can see sidney standing on a chair in the background and then get down. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

just saying if you are worried about your injured leg you aren't standing on furniture. 

you'd be surprised what people will risk to get a better view of a Doug Pederson speech 

3 hours ago, Phire said:

According to the article Doug has been letting Sidney travel with the team, and the article seems to imply that he doesn't have to do that. Letting him see how players prepare pre-game and how to handle himself traveling etc. 

The impact this has is underrated. Glad to hear Sidney is making the most out of it. What he learns while off the field this year could be turned into an advantage for him next season. 

And hearing Sidney already knows the defense?

latest?cb=20150712012656

I held out hope that Jones would take the field this season, but now I feel we'll just keep him on the shelf until 2018.

With P-Rob balling out of his mind (honesty, you didn't expect his play so far), Mills taking the next step, Rasul showing major promise, and getting Darby back after the bye, where would Jones even fit right now?

Who would have thought the Eagles secondary would be an embarrassment of riches in 2017?!

j2LLVl.gif

Archived