The Sidney Jones Thread

Phire

Not sure if anyone brought it up...

Another reason to keep him out, becomes a Restricted Free Agent at the end of his contract, instead of an Unrestricted one.

From the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement:

Any Veteran player with three Accrued Seasons, but less than four Accrued Seasons shall, at the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period, become a Restricted Free Agent. 

So it’d be easier to keep him here, or get back something for him.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Another reason to keep him out, becomes a Restricted Free Agent at the end of his contract, instead of an Unrestricted one.

Any Veteran player with three Accrued Seasons, but less than four Accrued Seasons shall, at the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period, become a Restricted Free Agent. 

It makes sense to basically redshirt him this year given how the other 4 corners have played (are expected to play)

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah this has been my argument. Im not sure what you might get out of him this year is worth that contractual advatage later 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah this has been my argument. Im not sure what you might get out of him this year is worth that contractual advatage later 

Should’ve known pete’d be on it

We've all been knowing this since April when Jimmy Kempski pointed it out.

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Im not sure what you might get out of him this year is worth that contractual advatage later 

Depends.

Do you think we are a SB contender?

Do you want better depth at outside corner? Really all we have right now when Darby gets back is Douglas.

Also, Kempski said recently on an Eagles podcast that he thinks its like 5 or more games on the active roster to count as an accrued season. 

So, just cause we add him back doesn't necessarily mean he meets that requirement for an accrued season.

If he can play...activate him. If he can't play than NFI him. Worrying about how much he'll contribute is a pointless game to me. I think the contract stuff would be given a hard look but at this point in the season you want to field the best roster possible on game day.

15 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

If he can play...activate him. If he can't play than NFI him. Worrying about how much he'll contribute is a pointless game to me. I think the contract stuff would be given a hard look but at this point in the season you want to field the best roster possible on game day.

He is on NFI 

Archived