Bills Sign Jamison Crowder to a One Year Deal

bigbadbuff

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I ask him what John Brown did for Josh Allen that year? Or the fact that his rookie year he had Zay Jones, Fat Kelvin, Charles Clay and Deonte Thompson as his receivers. Might’ve played into it.

How'd you forget the GOAT Robert Foster smh.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He tore his ACL why is that hard to believe?

I'm SEC and ACC crazed ever since living down here in Florida deep down in the south since high school 1999-2000. As a kid from Queens growing up until the age of 16 I saw a lot of great basketball players in my neighborhood but once my Freshman year in Florida Tampa Bay Saint Petersburg I witnessed Florida speed for the first time. It's electric. It was something I never seen before. Ever. I told myself. Yo. These kids are faster than anything I've ever seen before. It's because of the heat but especially the humidity. Trust me when I say. If you can run fast and for a long time in Florida HUMIDITY? You can run fast anywhere; that's my conclusion look @ the HOF players born and raised Florida speed throughout the entire HOF. 

A lot of Alabama greats are born in Florida and before Jameson Williams ACL knee injury he was by far my favorite deep threat speed burning Southern speed demon who I wanted #10th overall as a Jet. Watching him go down Championship Game having a really good game already vs Georgia broke my heart. This kid is special. Alabama's QB/Offense was never the same 2nd half without Jameson Williams. 

It's unfortunate but ACL automatically drops his draft status in comparison to before injury. 

Kids like Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, Chris Olave and Jahan Dotson that's 5 (imo) 1st round WRs. 

This draft is 1st round fully loaded at Edge Rusher, O-Line (both OT and Interior), CB, Safety (could have 1 if not 2 first rounders here) along with both RB (Breece Hall might go 1st round) and especially @ WR. Forgot LB and DT too. 

• Which means imo awesome kids @ WR like Jameson Williams and George Pickens and also Justyn Ross and John Metchie III all 4 (once guaranteed 1st round WR's) can all easily slide into the 2nd/3rd rounds while others continue to rise (combines/pro days).

This draft is so stacked @ other 1st round positions to the point I doubt 10 WRs go 1st round. Not even 7. 6 is a stretch.  

I bet you'll get a better top ranked big name WR end of 2nd early 3rd than you will a top notch CB prospect.

• If a great CB prospect falls to Buffalo 1st round I doubt they'll draft Jameson Williams.

Did Jameson Williams even run at the combine or pro day?

Buffalo can give Josh Allen an absolute WR steal 2nd round. 

Buffalo was a great CB away from stopping Tyreek Hill or Kelce with like 13 seconds left. 

Buffalo has a good front office. They don't like how they lost vs KC playoffs. Jameson Williams can not help Josh Allen more than an even better #1 Ranked D can. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Didn’t watch much of him last year, if he’s an on field upgrade from Beasley then he is going to get absolutely fed

Was injured a lot and played with Z Wilson who had some PUTRID games. He's a good slot receiver if healthy. 

14 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Because my Jets have better ideas @ WR than either one of Cole Beasley or Jamison Crowder. 

Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are better than both of them + we'll be drafting either Drake London or Garrett Wilson @ 10th overall. 

Beasley/Crowder would've been a 5th WR @ best because Braxton Berrios is for real @ WR #4. 

Jamison Crowder is not an Impactful receiver anymore and Josh Allen had A++ chemistry with Cole Beasley; big time downgrade for Buffalo's Offense. 

We don't need an elite slot guy anymore, which Beasley is not at this stage of his career. Allen isn't green anymore. He's elite. He's going to go through his progressions and extend plays. Slot guys are vital for young QBs because they provide a safety net when things are breaking down and a young QB fails to go through his progressions. This is where Cole was a BIG asset for Allen in his second year.

A good slot guy is good enough, and that's what Crowder is when healthy. Buffalo will focus on offense during the draft. We're a better team on paper today than we were opening day last season, and that's pretty awesome.  

Edited by WizeGuy

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Zach Wilson had players that are better than Cole Beasley, and anyone Allen had his rookie year and still sucks. Something doesn’t compute.

I actually like Wilson's potential, but he'll never be on the level of Mahomes/ Allen/ Rodgers, etc...He could become a franchise guy, though. No doubt about it. Ugly rookie season, though, which doesn't exactly bode well for him but isn't the end all be all.

While Beasley has been a solid player for the bills in no way is crowder a downgrade to beasley now. Beasley is going to be 33 years old and lost a significant step. He is a solid route runner and has great hands but his speed is no longer there and his yac has dropped. Bills needed to add more youth and while crowder is 29 he still a younger option then beasley and was about the same time he came to buffalo 3 years ago. While beasley was a safety blanket for Allen's early on growth he out grew him in 2021 season as Allen was moving the ball more to other options through out the season and beasley got lost in the reps and had an up and down year. Jets underutilized crowders talents due to horrible coaching and lack of qb options over the 3 years, his 1st year was his best with the team and went down hill from there. Jets fans can trash this pick up but realistically he is a solid slot option for the bills who will be splitting with Mckenzie through out the season. Mckenzie in week 15 against the pats proved that Allen can throw the ball to anyone in the slot as he came away with 11 receptions on 12 targets for 125 yards and a td from playing with in the slot. Bills passing game will not be losing any sleep with moving on from beasley and being replaced with Crowder. If you compare the stats since Crowder came in the league in 2015 crowder with the qb rotation he had in Washington and New Jersey he came away with 4,607 yards on 409 receptions with 28 td. Then you have beasley who dealt with Dak, Romo, and Allen from 2015 to 2021 and his stats were 4,793 yards on 459 receptions with 28 touchdowns. Spin it however you want to but non hating bills fans like the pick up.

As for bills drafting a wr it is still much an option at 25 and Beane loves going BPA, so if Jamison Williams is there I could see them taking him even if he sits out half a year as he would be a long term answer as the 3rd wr option and talent like that (projected top 10 pick) rarely falls to the 20s. Like the bills other teams will view him as a steal in the late 1st rd. Packers, Chiefs, Bucs could all look at him with their 1st rd pick and be willing to take a shot at him. 

49 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I actually like Wilson's potential, but he'll never be on the level Allen

Josh Allen ran better as a Rookie QB but as a passer?

Zach Wilson was better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh Allen Rookie Season:

12 Games.

169/320 (52.8%).

2,074 Passing Yards.

6.48 Yards Per Pass Attempt. ✓ 

10 TDs. ✓ 

12 INTs.

28 sacks. ✓ 

8 Fumbles. 

2 Fumbles lost. 

14 Turnovers. 

QB Rating of 67.9.

Vs.

Zach Wilson Rookie Season

13 Games.

213/383 (55.6%%). ✓

2,334 Passing Yards. ✓ 

6.09 Yards Per Pass Attempt. 

9 TDs.

11 INTs. ✓ 

44 sacks. 

5 Fumbles. ✓ 

1 Fumble lost. ✓ 

12 Turnovers. ✓ 

QB Rating of 69.7. ✓ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think Zach Wilson actually has much better potential than Josh Allen and what makes Zach Wilson's Rookie Season Passing Statistics more impressive than Josh Allen's Rookie Season Passing Statistics is that...

A.) Zach Wilson (unlike Josh Allen) played against the NFLs #1 toughest and most Difficult Defensive Strength of Schedule (of any QB in the league).

B.) Zach Wilson (unlike Josh Allen) had more starting O-Linemen/starting WRs/Starting TEs and starting RBs miss games due to injury (than any other QB in the league). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And it's not always how you start but rather instead how you finish. And as a Passer; Zach Wilson was much more impressive throughout his final 10 games in comparison to Josh Allen's final 10 games. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach Wilson Final 10 games as a Rookie

10 Games.

155/278 (55.7%). ✓ 

1,706 Passing Yards.

6.14 Yards Per Pass Attempt.

7 TDs.

4 INTs. ✓ 

+1.75 TD-to-INT Ratio. ✓ 

4 Fumbles. ✓ 

1 Fumble lost. ✓ 

• QB Rating of 76.5 ✓ 

Vs. 

Josh Allen Final 10 games as a Rookie

10 Games.

145/272 (53.3%).

1,755 Passing Yards. ✓ 

6.45 Yards Per Pass Attempt. ✓ 

9 TDs. ✓ 

10 INTs.

-0.9 TD-TO-INT Rato. 

8 Fumbles.

2 Fumbles lost. 

• QB Rating of 69.1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes.

Josh Allen was a better running back during his Rookie Season but Zach Wilson had the better Rookie Season as a passing Quarterback (something Buffalo Bills fans will hide from you).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And when it comes to pure Arm Talents? Zach Wilson ranks right up there with Josh Allen (without question too). 

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

We don't need an elite slot guy anymore, which Beasley is not at this stage of his career. Allen isn't green anymore. He's elite

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. 

Let's not just go around throwing the word elite out there like that. 

Josh Allen's first two years were anything but elite. His first two years weren't impressive (@ all). 

And throughout his entire career he's had 6 playoff games and 3 of them were mediocre performances. 

Josh Allen had 1 elite 3rd year and actually regressed some during his 4th year last year. 

Heading into your 5th NFL season with only 1 Pro Bowl but 0 1st team All-Pros and 0 SBs and 0 MVPs doesn't make you an "ELITE" QB. 

I know what elite looks like as an NY Jets fan within the AFC East. And it's not Josh Allen. Tom Brady already had himself 3 SBs 🏆🏆🏆 before heading into his 5th season (in comparison to Josh Allen's 0). 

Josh Allen has a career losing record against above .500 winning teams (by seasons end).

Josh Allen (regular season/playoffs combined) is only 15-18 (.454%) All-Time once up against opposing winning teams with above .500 records.

Stop claiming Josh Allen is elite when he's not. 

Heading into his 5th year with...

0 1st Team All-Pros.

0 SB Wins.

0 MVPs.

Career losing record of 15-18 vs. above .500 winning teams. 

Doesn't mean he's "elite". 

Very good? Yes. 

Elite? Not a chance. 

Josh Allen during his 4th year last season watched his numbers within just about every statistical category known to QB mankind (including Wins/loses) drop off in comparison to his 3rd year 2020 numbers. 

No.

Josh Allen isn't "elite".

He's actually overrated due to one 2020 season (with no fans in the stands). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I actually like Wilson's potential, but he'll never be on the level of Mahomes/ Allen/ Rodgers, etc...He could become a franchise guy, though. No doubt about it. Ugly rookie season, though, which doesn't exactly bode well for him but isn't the end all be all.

IDK what Wilson will be, I still like his upside. His arm talent is among the best and he is sneaky fast, runs like a 4.5.  He didn't get the opportunity like Mahomes or Rodgers to sit his rookie year and get things right, he got put on a bad team and asked to start right away with zero veteran guidance. His QB coach died in a car accident right before the season, screwing our plans and we had no veteran QB to guide him. He came from BYU so his competition wasn't great, so of course there was going to be a learning curve for Wilson.  The stats don't reflect it, but he got much better as the season went on. He did what was asked of him, he didn't turn the ball over, and he started looking more decisive. The issue is, when he started getting comfortable, most of our team went on IR and he had guys off the street starting. His game vs the Bucs, he looked really good threw lasers and high level throws to bums. The Bills game, he had zero chance. On the road vs a Bills team playing for everything, when most of our team was on IR. We had backup linemen starting, hence why he was sacked like 9 times. We also had 4 of our top WRs on IR and had guys like Tarik Black starting. I was impressed that he didn't throw 5 INTs, that is a typical Jets QB. in that situation. 

The Jets plan is they want to make things easier on him year 2, they acknowledge that having the worst defense in football made things harder for him, they want to improve that, they also are going to put a top 10 OL in front of him if they stay healthy. They plan to run the ball better to take pressure off of him, and I fully expect a WR to be taken high in the draft.  Hopefully Corey Davis and Elijah Moore will stay healthy, Moore will be a 1,000+ yard WR if he stays healthy, watch the guy run routes and how he put elite CBs on their heels.  Our TE situation is much improved over last year, idc what FF thinks. CJ and Conklin are a very solid tandem at TE and a big upgrade over what we had, we literally had nothing at TE last season.  

We have a up coming offensive mind as well, Mike LaFlauer is a creative offensive mind. He runs the shanahan zone rushing attack, which once we got a different RG than Van Roten, we started running better. Also we got rid of Wesco who was terrible and got a FB that blocked better in Bawden.  

The Jets been a joke for the past decade, but you can't tell me that they aren't building things right now. They are heading in the right direction and have competent people in the building. They add culture people who love football and want to win, instead of losers just looking for a check and dupe us like in the past.  

Anyways about Crowder, he is a solid WR. I always liked him, he is a good slot. He gets injured often though, that is his issue. But when he is healthy, he is very reliable and a good teammate. He also can throw the ball, we have used him in trick plays before. He'll be good on the Bills, as long as he stays healthy. 

• Like 1