Vikings sign OLB Za'Darius Smith

RaidersAreOne

Even as a Ravens fan, can't fault him one bit for taking that deal. His agent is really the one to blame here though, given how badly he underestimated his client's worth in the current market landscape. Sucks we couldn't get him at a bargain, but from an employee perspective, he absolutely did the right thing. Best of luck to him and hopefully he can still have a strong career following the back injury.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Z Smith...great player and I wish him all the best

However, Back injuries + the Death Turf in minny is concerning. 

(see Bridgewater et al)

huh? i don't know of injuries due to the stadium turf in Minny...

and Bridgewater blew up his knee in a summer practice on a grass field before our new stadium was even built....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That is a scary duo of DE's for the Vikings.

In multiple senses. I could see both of them having 10+ sack seasons and keeping the Vikings in the playoff/division race.

Just as easily I can see DJ Wonnum and Patrick Jones as their starting rushers by week 7 an the Vikings selling off assets at the deadline and starting to rebuild. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Even as a Ravens fan, can't fault him one bit for taking that deal. His agent is really the one to blame here though, given how badly he underestimated his client's worth in the current market landscape. Sucks we couldn't get him at a bargain, but from an employee perspective, he absolutely did the right thing. Best of luck to him and hopefully he can still have a strong career following the back injury.

Don’t feel bad. Y’all snatched Marcus Williams from us lol. I’m still salty about it. That’s a better signing for a guy that is turning 26 at the start of the season versus 30 for Smith. Not to mention the back issues like Packers fans bring up. Williams has pretty much played 95 percent of his games since he’s been in the league too.

• Like 1