DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Just saw the new Death of Superman animated film. It was cool. Can't wait for Reign of the Supermen. 

Doomsday was a beast. I'm excited for the Hush movie and new animated Wonder Woman in 19.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Is DC ever going to have a worthy villain besides The Joker?  Whatever happened to those Bryan Cranston/Brainiac rumors?

Branaic ended up on Krypton so I doubt D.C has any movie plans for him in the foreseeable future. (D.C usually shuts TV shows down from using characters they plan on using in future movies, see Deathstroke in arrow) 

2 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Branaic ended up on Krypton so I doubt D.C has any movie plans for him in the foreseeable future. (D.C usually shuts TV shows down from using characters they plan on using in future movies, see Deathstroke in arrow) 

Deathstroke had a pretty big arc after Joe got announced. You thinking of Deadshot?

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Deathstroke had a pretty big arc after Joe got announced. You thinking of Deadshot?

At one point Deathstroke was pulled from Arrow to be used in the movies. I believe after that announcement/statement/whatever, Deathstroke only had that small part with his son.

The Justice League after credits scene even had Deathstroke in it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

At one point Deathstroke was pulled from Arrow to be used in the movies. I believe after that announcement/statement/whatever, Deathstroke only had that small part with his son.

He wasn't "pulled". His big bad arc ended and he has shown up here and there since then. The only real instance of DC axing characters on TV in favor of a movie is Arrow's suicide squad arc. 

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

This. I'm saying they stopped using him in Arrow because they had movie plans for him. 

46 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Deadshot is probably scrapped as well given WIll Smith is busy and suicide squad 2 looks like it's a long ways off. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

He wasn't "pulled". His big bad arc ended and he has shown up here and there since then. The only real instance of DC axing characters on TV in favor of a movie is Arrow's suicide squad arc. 

Another example showing D.C will shut down shows from using certain characters they have plans for, Braniac makes sense for a MOS2 movie but he's probably deserving of the eventual 2nd justice league movie more.  

Just now, OleXmad said:

Another example showing D.C will shut down shows from using certain characters they have plans for, Braniac makes sense for a MOS2 movie but he's probably deserving of the eventual 2nd justice league movie more.  

Thats not an example, thats conjecture.

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Thats not an example, thats conjecture.

It's happened twice with Deathstroke and the suicide squad characters on arrow. 

Both occasions led to Deathstroke appearing in JL and the SS movie getting in the way of SS plans for arrow.

It's clear D.C isn't comfortable with TV shows using characters they have plans for (the one exception being the flash, but that was in production long before the movie plans)

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

All those 90s/early 2000's DC shows came from the minds of the same geniuses.      They need to hire Bruce Timm,  Paul Dini and Alan Burnett to run the DCCU.

Can't believe nobody mentioned the original Teen titans cartoon show

4 hours ago, OleXmad said:

It's happened twice with Deathstroke and the suicide squad characters on arrow. 

Both occasions led to Deathstroke appearing in JL and the SS movie getting in the way of SS plans for arrow.

It's clear D.C isn't comfortable with TV shows using characters they have plans for (the one exception being the flash, but that was in production long before the movie plans)

WB thinks its viewers are morons, when the fact is, its them.

Viewers are smart enough to separate a TV version of and a movie version of the same character.    To a point, I get why they do it....because if a character done too well on TV, it may cause viewers to not like a movie version of the same character because they are so used to the TV version....but if both characters are done well, then I dont think thats the problem.

Michael Rosenbaum on Smallville was an amazing young version of Lex, and Grant Gustin does a solid version of Barry Allen....but that has nothing to do with why I dont like Jesse Eisenberg as movie Lex or Ezra Miller as movie Flash....its because both are pretty poor fits for those roles and were terrible on the big screen.    There have been several versions of Batman and the Joker that people have enjoyed, so there is no reason there couldnt be two simultaneous versions of a character on the big screen and small screen.

But as I said, the powers that be at WB think all fans of this stuff are idiots....which is why they are just flinging poo against the wall with no real desire to create a cohesive narrative between movies....or good movies in general.    

• Like 1