DC Movie Universe

devils1854

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Not really related to the DCEU (well, it kinda is), but still found it funny nonetheless:

Idris-Elba-Bloodsport-Deadshot-Tweet.jpe

LOL, WB really are a bunch of brain-damaged idiots. Just further proof they don't know their own characters. Mistaking Bloodsport for Deadshot, you can't make this shyt up. 🤣

Not that its really a big deal....but its funny because of how indicative it is of the current state of DC....half arsed content by people who dont know or care about the characters.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, DC Fandom is this Saturday, and they are supposedly showing a new Batman trailer, first looks at Flash and Aquaman 2, and some peaks at their DC videogames.

I dont get excited for DC stuff much, but Im kinda hyped about this.       The first Batman trailer was legit, and while Im not super excited about Flash or Aquaman 2 on their own, Im kind of excited to see what direction Flash will take the DCEU.   Doubt anywhere good, but its still intriguing.

I am, however, psyched to see what Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad looks like.     I just hope Gotham Knights isnt the same type of live service garbage that Avengers is.

12 hours ago, 43M said:

So, DC Fandom is this Saturday, and they are supposedly showing a new Batman trailer, first looks at Flash and Aquaman 2, and some peaks at their DC videogames.

I dont get excited for DC stuff much, but Im kinda hyped about this.       The first Batman trailer was legit, and while Im not super excited about Flash or Aquaman 2 on their own, Im kind of excited to see what direction Flash will take the DCEU.   Doubt anywhere good, but its still intriguing.

I am, however, psyched to see what Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad looks like.     I just hope Gotham Knights isnt the same type of live service garbage that Avengers is.

Also first look at Black Adam.

Maybe Shazam 2 as well.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Flash teaser was cool. Batman trailer was solid. 

I'm interested in what they choose to do with Black Adam. 

Im curious to see if the Flash movie makes any significant changes to the DCEU going forward, and if it will make sense or be really dumb.

Just feels like WB/DC is always looking to rush things to catch up with the MCU.    They rushed into Justice League to compete with Avengers, they rushed Suicide Squad to be their "Guardians of the Galaxy" and now they are introducing multiverses just as the MCU is doing the same thing.

WB cant seem to figure out if they want to be the exact same as the MCU or completely different.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Im curious to see if the Flash movie makes any significant changes to the DCEU going forward, and if it will make sense or be really dumb.

Just feels like WB/DC is always looking to rush things to catch up with the MCU.    They rushed into Justice League to compete with Avengers, they rushed Suicide Squad to be their "Guardians of the Galaxy" and now they are introducing multiverses just as the MCU is doing the same thing.

WB cant seem to figure out if they want to be the exact same as the MCU or completely different.

I am really hoping they just hit the reset button, keep what worked, toss most of it lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am really hoping they just hit the reset button, keep what worked, toss most of it lol

I agree, but I dont necessarily trust them to do it any better with a clean slate.

Even if they do "reset" some things, my guess is it will be a convoluted mess.

Im still not sure if Pattinson's Batman is part of the main DCEU.   Then again, with the multiverse, everything is part of the DCEU....even the crappy CW shows. 

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Of the current lineup, I hope they keep Aquaman, Wonder Woman (but act like WW1984 didn't happen) and try like hell to keep Henry Cavil. Rest can go. Keep all this SS stuff for an alternate universe with no connection. 

7 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Of the current lineup, I hope they keep Aquaman, Wonder Woman (but act like WW1984 didn't happen) and try like hell to keep Henry Cavil. Rest can go. Keep all this SS stuff for an alternate universe with no connection. 

I'd go this route except I wouldn't want Aquaman 1. It was an ok movie but I think he was set up for a more interesting character in the Snyder cut. 

I’ve lost faith in being able to enjoy Batman, so all of DC is dead to me right now.

My last and final hope is The Flash resetting everything.

A final send off to all the solid to great DC movies with hopefully surprise cameos by all the Batmans, Supermans, Wonder Women, etc, only for it to end The Butterfly Effect alternate ending style with Barry sacrificing his own miscast self in order for a new DC Universe to be born.

Batman needs to be the heart of DC the way Tony Stark was the heart of the MCU, so it should start with Batman. Grounded mostly in reality. Some news blips of strange things that tease the world is getting stranger. Batman has to be someone young and committed enough to do this for the next 30 years so we can get old man Batman in my lifetime. A relatively unknown actor who will be grateful for the role, not obligated. Villain in the first one should be Two-Face or a moderately powered, regular, real world villain. The Joker should feature prominently, but not as The Joker. We should absolutely see Joker as he is before he’s Joker and have a duality between Bruce Wayne turning into Batman and Joker turning into Joker. This actor should also be committed, determined, young and not into drugs. This has to be a constant battle throughout the entire DCU.

Second one should be Superman. I hate Superman, but other people don’t. Only thing that should happen in this one is somehow Superman needs to be convinced that he has to keep his ability secret. Lex Luther should also appear. The best thing about DC is that the villains do not die and are set to make frequent appearances. The only one MCU has like this is Loki.

Third is Batman again. This is where the world opens a little, but just a little. Introduce a slightly more powerful hero who also is in Gotham, a serious threat, Joker antagonizing, Batman overwhelmed because he’s skeptical of this new hero, has a legit threat, Joker is antagonizing him, then there’s maybe Penguin creating problems in the simple crime world, and Batman is on the brink. Just to get her out of the way, Catwoman steals something, and then she disappears until the end, at which point Batman is like nope, didn’t get away with it. So just a cameo, and if she’s good and well-received, she can make another appearance.

Then another Superman, and this one breaks the whole world wide open. A world level threat. Batman is in this one, but can’t really do much, and he takes notes. The lanterns take notice and the Earth gets a lantern. Flash appears. Martian Manhunter appears (in disguise to the world, but not the audience), Superman is ultimately able to take care of it himself, but it’s basically like BvS was where the villain is just some kind of harbinger, and it introduces the Thanos of the DCU. At the end, Batman meets Superman. There will be no BvS in this one, but Batman let’s Superman know he’s skeptical, but not hostile. Superman is all, “I can help,” and a nice hippie, but Batman is like, “Lol I don’t need your help.” And this will lead to what has always been my favorite storyline in the DC comics, which I’ve never read, which is where Batman figures out the weakness of every superhero in case he needs it, and some villain steals those plans. So not quite a Justice League movie, but it introduces most of the Justice League except for…

Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

One of these two is the next movie, but both of them make an appearance. It’s kind of like a Civil War movie. People pick sides. Hostilities are born. Tension builds between the Amazon people and the Atlantis people.

THEN the first Justice League movie is a high end villain uses the tension between Amazon…ia? and Atlantis to start an all out war there. Aquaman and Wonder Woman are on decent terms trying to stop it, but they really can’t, Batman does some DETECTIVE work to figure it out, and the Justice League officially forms.

THEN, and only then, would it be safe for DC to do these side project things with all their characters, which should really be an HBO TV series that takes place in chronological order with the major releases.

You’re welcome, WB.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve lost faith in being able to enjoy Batman, so all of DC is dead to me right now.

A final send off to all the solid to great DC movies with hopefully surprise cameos by all the Batmans, Supermans, Wonder Women, etc, only for it to end The Butterfly Effect alternate ending style with Barry sacrificing his own miscast self in order for a new DC Universe to be born.

Batman needs to be the heart of DC the way Tony Stark was the heart of the MCU, so it should start with Batman. Grounded mostly in reality. Some news blips of strange things that tease the world is getting stranger. Batman has to be someone young and committed enough to do this for the next 30 years so we can get old man Batman in my lifetime. A relatively unknown actor who will be grateful for the role, not obligated. Villain in the first one should be Two-Face or a moderately powered, regular, real world villain. The Joker should feature prominently, but not as The Joker. We should absolutely see Joker as he is before he’s Joker and have a duality between Bruce Wayne turning into Batman and Joker turning into Joker. This actor should also be committed, determined, young and not into drugs. This has to be a constant battle throughout the entire DCU.

Second one should be Superman. I hate Superman, but other people don’t. Only thing that should happen in this one is somehow Superman needs to be convinced that he has to keep his ability secret. Lex Luther should also appear. The best thing about DC is that the villains do not die and are set to make frequent appearances. The only one MCU has like this is Loki.

Third is Batman again. This is where the world opens a little, but just a little. Introduce a slightly more powerful hero who also is in Gotham, a serious threat, Joker antagonizing, Batman overwhelmed because he’s skeptical of this new hero, has a legit threat, Joker is antagonizing him, then there’s maybe Penguin creating problems in the simple crime world, and Batman is on the brink. Just to get her out of the way, Catwoman steals something, and then she disappears until the end, at which point Batman is like nope, didn’t get away with it. So just a cameo, and if she’s good and well-received, she can make another appearance.

Then another Superman, and this one breaks the whole world wide open. A world level threat. Batman is in this one, but can’t really do much, and he takes notes. The lanterns take notice and the Earth gets a lantern. Flash appears. Martian Manhunter appears (in disguise to the world, but not the audience), Superman is ultimately able to take care of it himself, but it’s basically like BvS was where the villain is just some kind of harbinger, and it introduces the Thanos of the DCU. At the end, Batman meets Superman. There will be no BvS in this one, but Batman let’s Superman know he’s skeptical, but not hostile. Superman is all, “I can help,” and a nice hippie, but Batman is like, “Lol I don’t need your help.” And this will lead to what has always been my favorite storyline in the DC comics, which I’ve never read, which is where Batman figures out the weakness of every superhero in case he needs it, and some villain steals those plans. So not quite a Justice League movie, but it introduces most of the Justice League except for…

One of these two is the next movie, but both of them make an appearance. It’s kind of like a Civil War movie. People pick sides. Hostilities are born. Tension builds between the Amazon people and the Atlantis people.

THEN the first Justice League movie is a high end villain uses the tension between Amazon…ia? and Atlantis to start an all out war there. Aquaman and Wonder Woman are on decent terms trying to stop it, but they really can’t, Batman does some DETECTIVE work to figure it out, and the Justice League officially forms.

THEN, and only then, would it be safe for DC to do these side project things with all their characters, which should really be an HBO TV series that takes place in chronological order with the major releases.

You’re welcome, WB.

Eh, I’m fine with them just doing their own thing, especially Batman. Don’t need some expansive film universe really. But I also would rather Batman not be in the DC universe anyway if I had my way.

The issue with DC has been WB forcing them to jumpstart stuff to an MCU level, I don’t think another swing at that will change much. 

Do multiple Batman projects at a time, I don’t care. Comics get away with it, Live action can too. 

Give me this Pattinson world, do another Batverse on HBO Max instead of doing low stake spin-offs , do Batman Beyond, let Joaquin do his joker thing and whatever the hell else you want to do. Personally I’ll be way more into it than anything else they’ll do.

Other than Batman, I’m fine with them just doing the hits for their characters even if they don’t always fit, because the hits is kinda what DC has.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Well I think you're wrong.

Well ishhhhhhhtt, maybe lol

I don’t have it in me to care about another grand connected universe, DC can’t do what Marvel is doing… so why bother? Well maybe if they restore the dark universe I could, but aside from that…

could get drip fed the good stuff, having to wait a couple years while they have to setup other characters or do Justice League films. Or just get it every year in one form or the other.

I don’t want to wait 30 years, like you said, to get older Batman stuff. Just do it now too. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re welcome, WB.

Not big on this. There are good elements but it makes some familiar mistakes.