DC Movie Universe

devils1854

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't necessarily disagree with misunderstanding the character, but I still think MoS > Snyder Cut

I agree.

My main issues with MoS were 1) the dialogue and 2) making Superman a somewhat depressing character. 

Despite my issues with MoS, it was a decent launching pad for the DCEU....then BvS destroyed it.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Amazing shows. Batman sitting with one of the royal flush gang near the end of the series waiting to die was powerful stuff.

Yeah.

It was a kids cartoon that didnt treat kids like idiots....which is why its still enjoyable as an adult.   

• Like 1

Watching these animated DC movies and even in the cartoons Cyborg is lame.

When/if WB gets this right and does a connected universe right, Cyborg has to be one of the very last introduced.

Like once there have been two Justice League movies.

Because that is one lame character. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

When/if WB gets this right and does a connected universe right, Cyborg has to be one of the very last introduced.

I thought he was surprisingly effective as the focus of Snyder's version.

I agree about the animated movies though. He's a clear weak point.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I get what you are saying, but any character can be lame, depending how they are written.

When you look at the Justice League, I do agree he isnt necessarily a NEEDED character.     Beyond the Trinity, Martina Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and even Green Arrow and Hawkgirl are more interesting characters.   You could even add in Robin, Supergirl and Batgirl....as well as some secondary members of the Justice League.

I do think Cyborg can add some good stuff, but I dont think he should be a focal JL character.   There are too many other good heroes and villains.

Just now, 43M said:

I do think Cyborg can add some good stuff, but I dont think he should be a focal JL character.   There are too many other good heroes and villains.

I believe he could be a really good character, but he has to be more of a Hawkeye character.

As soon as you add rockets and nano tech and ten thousand billion things he can do...

In fact, that's the problem with all DC superheroes.  I think they're all overpowered.  Cyborg more than the others.  Because it's like poof, suddenly cyborg has rockets on his back.  Now he can do this.  Now he can do that. 

Just really lame in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I believe he could be a really good character, but he has to be more of a Hawkeye character.

As soon as you add rockets and nano tech and ten thousand billion things he can do...

In fact, that's the problem with all DC superheroes.  I think they're all overpowered.  Cyborg more than the others.  Because it's like poof, suddenly cyborg has rockets on his back.  Now he can do this.  Now he can do that. 

Bingo.  It's hard to care, because in the end, there really aren't any stakes for most of them.  Probably also why Batman is WB's only consistently successful franchise, and they even F that up from time to time.

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Bingo.  It's hard to care, because in the end, there really aren't any stakes for most of them.  Probably also why Batman is WB's only consistently successful franchise, and they even F that up from time to time.

Yeah, and this is why they need to let me control the DCEU.

Precise producer Outpost paces super powers perfectly.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And to think there was a Suicide Squad vs. Justice League comic and an upcoming game where you're tasked with killing the JL members... as the Suicide Squad. That's like pitting the Jags vs. the Chiefs, it's not even a fair fight.

And for some reason, THIS game is the follow-up to Arkham Knight despite Harley and Deadshot* looking completely different and the '89 Batman logo appearing in the game while the game that sees the Bat Family take up the mantle of Batman following his death isn't for some reason. Hmm...

*I'll accept the retcon of Deadshot as a black guy because it's a race change that everyone loved in the movie version of him just like Nick Fury, fine, no need to at me with that apologetic, but it still doesn't explain Harley looking nothing like she did before or the '89 Batman logo suddenly appearing. Or the JL for that matter.

The only way I see this making ANY kind of sense is if in the Suicide Squad game:

Spoiler

Batman is revealed to be alive which the Arkham Knight secret ending kinda hints at, anyway. Gotham Knights is basically the alternate history game showing how things would've played out if Bruce were truly dead.

Other than that, no. Just like a lot of WB's decisions.

Edited by KManX89

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, August4th said:

Batgirl is likely gonna suck.   Birds of Prey was incoherent drivel and BB4L was awful.

Batman Animated Series....meh.   We will see. 

Batman might be good.   First trailer was dope.   Still not 100% convinced they wont mess it up, though.

15 minutes ago, 43M said:

Batgirl is likely gonna suck.   Birds of Prey was incoherent drivel and BB4L was awful.

Batman Animated Series....meh.   We will see. 

Batman might be good.   First trailer was dope.   Still not 100% convinced they wont mess it up, though.

One of these days your DC project pessimism will turn to optimism and I want to be there

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

One of these days your DC project pessimism will turn to optimism and I want to be there

There is about as much chance of that as there is a chance I will ever be optimistic about EA making a decent Madden game again.

• Like 2