DC Movie Universe

devils1854

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

If they let him make his own vision, I doubt it looks anything similar to 2017 at all.  he inherited the Snyder cut, but took parts in different directions.  

Give him the ability to make his own movie and I wonder how any of it turns out, because he wouldn't be saddled with what Snyder already did.

While true, his style still wouldnt have fit in with what the DCEU already had going. It wouldve severely clashed with the tones of Man of Steel and BvS.

If anything, I think Whedon wouldve excelled more with a stand alone Superman movie (with a lighter tone than Man of Steel), or perhaps a stand alone Flash movie (if it had a better actor than Ezra Miller).  

1 hour ago, 43M said:

If anything, I think Whedon wouldve excelled more with a stand alone Superman movie (with a lighter tone than Man of Steel), or perhaps a stand alone Flash movie (if it had a better actor than Ezra Miller).  

Just give him the Flashpoint movie and have something happen where Grant Gustin becomes the DCU Flash. He isn't perfect, but he's way better than Miller.

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just give him the Flashpoint movie and have something happen where Grant Gustin becomes the DCU Flash. He isn't perfect, but he's way better than Miller.

Gustin is actually a pretty good actor, and is bogged down many times by the awful direction and writing on CW.    His emotion in season 1 when he went back in time and watched his mom died hit me in the feels....

Hell, just compare the acting of them both visiting Henry Allen in prison....

Now, I actually dont even really mind Ezra Miller's performance in this scene, but I dont think he is capable of portraying the same type of vulnerability and pain as Gustin has done with his portrayal of Barry Allen.

Im not a fan of the way CW does many things with their superhero shows, but the casting for many of their main characters has been pretty on point (Tom Welling in Smallville, Grant Gustin as Flash, Steven Amell as Green Arrow).

• Like 2

WB strikes again: 

I get The Trench, I and many others have said how ridiculous such a concept is for a movie even with James Wan at the helm, but New Gods? There goes our only hope of seeing a live-action Darkseid in more than just a cameo.

They're really starting to give Sony a run for their money at this point.

16 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

WB strikes again: 

I get The Trench, I and many others have said how ridiculous such a concept is for a movie even with James Wan at the helm, but New Gods? There goes our only hope of seeing a live-action Darkseid in more than just a cameo.

Already posted a few days ago.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

WB strikes again: 

Just need to wait longer. Restarting everything is the right call because the current attempt at the DCEU will likely never be any better connected than it is now.

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

WB strikes again: 

Both were stupid ideas that wouldve likely bombed hard since they couldnt even establish their most profitable characters that well.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:22 PM, 43M said:

Gustin is actually a pretty good actor, and is bogged down many times by the awful direction and writing on CW.    His emotion in season 1 when he went back in time and watched his mom died hit me in the feels....

Hell, just compare the acting of them both visiting Henry Allen in prison....

Now, I actually dont even really mind Ezra Miller's performance in this scene, but I dont think he is capable of portraying the same type of vulnerability and pain as Gustin has done with his portrayal of Barry Allen.

Im not a fan of the way CW does many things with their superhero shows, but the casting for many of their main characters has been pretty on point (Tom Welling in Smallville, Grant Gustin as Flash, Steven Amell as Green Arrow).

The first two seasons of Flash were great and Gustin was amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The first two seasons of Flash were great and Gustin was amazing.

I agree.  

Its sad how far all the CW DC shows have fallen.      At least Arrow finished off somewhat strong.   Everything left on the channel is such a disaster.....although Ive heard decent things about Superman & Lois.  

Edited by 43M

27 minutes ago, 43M said:

I agree.  

Its sad how far all the CW DC shows have fallen.      At least Arrow finished off somewhat strong.   Everything left on the channel is such a disaster.....although Ive heard decent things about Superman & Lois.  

It looked like it had the potential to be an amazing universe. First 2.5 seasons of Arrow, and first two seasons of Flash were amazing. Then Arrow only had two more good seasons out of six (5-6), Flash had an average season 3, went to garbage after that, and all the other spinoffs either missed the mark or were complete garbage. They have no good will anymore. I've heard similar things about Superman & Lois but they've lost my trust at this point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One - Official Exclusive Trailer (2021) Jensen Ackles, Naya Rivera - YouTube

Part 1 this summer, Part 2 this fall. YES

Didn't know if there was an animated DC thread.

Definitely interesting, because early rumors were the Reeves trilogy would follow an arc very similar.