DC Movie Universe

devils1854

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

A lot of the "new" is what Snyder already filmed ages ago that was done over is my understanding. Stuff on the cutting room floor. None of Whedon's footage is in this I thought?

I saw multiple overlapping sequences that are in each version but it's hard to tell who shot what.  The sequence where WW saved the hostages had additional footage and CGI but Snyder even freaked the speed of it.  We saw way too much slow motion but here he shifted and sped parts up to make WW look even more dynamic.  If Whedon had used that from Snyder's footage, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have used more of this cutting room floor material.  

I honestly think WB let Snyder reshoot the hell out of this thing and it paid off creatively.  It's a much better movie (altho too bloated and long and should be an episodic series).   Was all the money and effort worth it?  WB took a bath on the first one and I doubt there are enough new subscribers to HBO to recoup this version.

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I honestly think WB let Snyder reshoot the hell out of this thing and it paid off creatively.  It's a much better movie (altho too bloated and long and should be an episodic series).

How? How would they have reshot all this with all of the actors, sets, crew, etc. during a pandemic and without word getting out?

I'm telling you, this stuff was already shot 5 years ago. Whedon and WB did exactly what you said you can't see them doing, which is leave this all on the cutting room floor. They mandated a 2 hour run time and did 6 weeks of reshoots for the theatrical cut.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How? How would they have reshot all this with all of the actors, sets, crew, etc. during a pandemic and without word getting out?

Bingo. 

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm telling you, this stuff was already shot 5 years ago. Whedon and WB did exactly what you said you can't see them doing, which is leave this all on the cutting room floor. They mandated a 2 hour run time and did 6 weeks of reshoots for the theatrical cut.

This is pretty much exactly how it's been reported, yeah. 

• Like 1

From my understanding, none of the Whedon stuff is in the Snyder version.

In the Josstice League, you can tell what the reshoots are, especially with Affleck and Cavill.   Cavill for the mustache fiasco, and Batfleck looked out of shape, had a tan and just seemed not to care.

I dont think any of the actors wanted the Whedon stuff....and we can see why.

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As expected all the Snyder Bros online have moved on to demanding the Ayer cut of Suicide Squad AND continuing the Snyderverse version of the DC movies.  It's hilarious to read the outrage posts.

Don't need that, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

As expected all the Snyder Bros online have moved on to demanding the Ayer cut of Suicide Squad AND continuing the Snyderverse version of the DC movies.  It's hilarious to read the outrage posts.

I mean...did you expect anything else?

Don't care at all about the Ayer Cut...but I'm down for more Snyderverse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean...did you expect anything else?

Don't care at all about the Ayer Cut...but I'm down for more Snyderverse.

I mean, I expected it, but I didn't expect the responses to be this hilarious.  People threatening to cancel HBO Max immediately unless it happens, how WB and HBO are committing suicide by not giving them what they want, etc....

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, I expected it, but I didn't expect the responses to be this hilarious.  People threatening to cancel HBO Max immediately unless it happens, how WB and HBO are committing suicide by not giving them what they want, etc....

Cancel culture bro....all the rage these days.

• Like 1

I'm just going to say it again. I'm glad Snyder is done and out.

Snyder revealed more of his sequel plans in a recent interview with Esquire. As alluded to in Zack Snyder’s Justice League‘s Knightmare scene. Harley Quinn died in Batman’s arms. According to Snyder, a sequel would have actually shown us how this happened. Plus, Batgirl would have made an appearance.

“You see, I always wanted Barbara Gordon to come in the movies,” said Snyder. “Commissioner Gordon would be on the way out, and we’d have Barbara starting to play a bigger role. My idea was that after Batman sacrificed himself, there would be a window where there was no Batman, and I thought Barbara could fill that until the child of Superman and Lois, who has no powers, would become Batman when he was of age…That was the idea anyway. It just seemed to make sense. Then, of course, Barbara could have been his mentor, but who knows? That’s all just… see now we’re just wishful thinking.”

22 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Yeah they barely didn’t any reshoots for this movie, money was mostly for the SFX. 

$70m or whatever the final reported number is going to be wasnt all VFX, come on guys

Not saying they reshot a ton of stuff, but there were for sure things shot/reshot for this version. He didnt have a full 4 hour movie when he had to walk away