DC Movie Universe

devils1854

16 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel like, if the Snyder cut winds up being dramatically better, as early reviews have suggested, it's really just going to confirm the major problem that existed with the Justice League movie in the first place, which is that they rushed to to join everyone together. I remember a ton of complaints around the time, about the lack of background/explanation around Flash, Cyborg, Darkseid and co, etc. I'm sure the Snyder cut will improve those issues by just being longer. But it kind of still comes back to the original issue of them not earning the right to do a Justice League movie, the way the MCU earned the right to do an Avengers movie. If the movie had to be 4 hours to be good, it shouldn't have been made that way in the first place. It just reaffirms it should've been further along the line, and bits of the backstory should've been divided into more low scale movies to set it up.

I'm not the biggest Snyder fan, or the biggest Whedon fan. I wouldn't want either running a cinematic universe for long. A movie or two in the right tone for either, sure, but not too much control. But still, I don't really blame either for how good or bad either of these versions wind up being. Because it was always going to be handicapped by the run time combined with the way the DCEU was mapped out.

The entire planning of the DCEU was rushed for absolutely no reason.   BvS was just as forced and rushed as Justice League.  Suicide Squad felt like a forced answer to Guardians of the Galaxy.   

Wonder Woman and Aquaman shouldve followed Man of Steel.   

THEN BvS, but no Doomsday or Wonder Woman.   Just Batman, Superman, a much much better Luthor with realistic motivations, and maybe a villain like Metallo, and perhaps tease a baddie like Brainiac working with Lex.

Then Flash.   

THEN Justice League 1 with no need to resurrect Superman or introduce and develop 4 new characters.  Have them team up vs Brainiac and save all the Darkseid stuff for later.

All it took was common sense and people who enjoy and respect the DC characters.  

2 hours ago, 43M said:

The entire planning of the DCEU was rushed for absolutely no reason.   BvS was just as forced and rushed as Justice League.  Suicide Squad felt like a forced answer to Guardians of the Galaxy.   

Wonder Woman and Aquaman shouldve followed Man of Steel.   

THEN BvS, but no Doomsday or Wonder Woman.   Just Batman, Superman, a much much better Luthor with realistic motivations, and maybe a villain like Metallo, and perhaps tease a baddie like Brainiac working with Lex.

Then Flash.   

THEN Justice League 1 with no need to resurrect Superman or introduce and develop 4 new characters.  Have them team up vs Brainiac and save all the Darkseid stuff for later.

All it took was common sense and people who enjoy and respect the DC characters.  

tenor.gif

But for real. They wanted to jump on the money train without doing any long term pre-planning. I would have been beyond hyped for 2-3 individual movies each with a few teams ups. After 2 or so movies of each hero, then you introduce the Suicide Squad composed of members who were introduced in the previous movies. Slowly introduce the extended DCU and younger heroes 5-15 years into it. Then the next 5-10 years build up and do the Kingdom Come storyline.

The hardest part would be finding actors willing to commit to a 20 year film saga. But it'd be doable, as we've seen elsewhere... Well actually, the hardest part would be DC being smart and patient enough to do it right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Looking to avoid spoilers, but is the Snydercut worth 4 hours of my time?

This is coming from someone who absolutely loathed the Whedon Justice League monstrosity and had extremely low expectations for the Snyder cut....

Hell yes, its worth it.

Its a completely different movie and better in pretty much every conceivable way.

Im not saying you will love it or even like it, but Ive yet to see a single person say that this isnt notably better, and if there is someone who thinks the Whedon cut is better, they deserve to be headbutted by Superman.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:48 PM, Bullet Club said:

Yep

I hated Justice League when it came out in theaters but the Snyder cut was actually good. I'd honestly love to see more movies in Snyder's DC Universe but that seems unlikely with new Batman and Superman projects in the works. Loved the Martian Manhunter cameo at the end. But just like in the MCU when Captain Marvel showed up, it's like bruh, where the hell were you when we were getting smacked up by the villain, lol.