DC Movie Universe

devils1854

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which look stupid. A 16 year old girl running around a city engaging criminals in hand to hand combat looks stupid. 

A show/movie needs to pick a direction, is it going to be realistic looking (Bale Batman, Downey Jr. Ironman) or is it going to look campy (Cena Peacemaker)?

Straddling the line just makes it look stupid. In addition, it's far more difficult to do with women hero's without powers because they don't look physically imposing (Gal Gadot Wonderwoman being the exception), so the realistic looking costumes have to be REALLY good for it to not look dumb. 

Even the Johansen Black Widow costume only barely works, and that's with Scar-Jo being a complete smoke show and never really focusing on her costume. 

She’s way more gadget focused and will probably be more detectivey than her fighting dudes nonstop. Not really her bag, she’s not Batman. Seems like this is her at like 19-20. Rumors are Nightwing, vaguer rumors say might be played by Dylan O’Brien, will be in it.

This in some fashion is set in a version of the Burton-verse, a Gotham we haven’t really seen yet. It seems like this will be the reality The Flash movie changes things to. Looks like flashy realism is the MO going forward.

She looks like Barbara to me idk 

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This in some fashion is set in a version of the Burton-verse, a Gotham we haven’t really seen yet. It seems like this will be the reality The Flash movie changes things to. Looks like flashy realism is the MO going forward.

She looks like Barbara to me idk 

Pretty sure this takes place in the original DCEU timeline. JK Simmons is still playing Jim Gordon and there's a magazine from the set that shows Luthor in jail and a reference to the Capitol building bombing from BvS.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Pretty sure this takes place in the original DCEU timeline. JK Simmons is still playing Jim Gordon and there's a magazine from the set that shows Luthor in jail and a reference to the Capitol building bombing from BvS.

Some set leaks point to it being different or like a fusion.

Keaton is the Batman of this universe 

uot50c9d5xa81.jpg

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Pretty spot on with the desexualized versions of Batgirl. Like almost a 1to1

It looks like a cheap CW costume.      Its horrible.  

One could argue that its her first version of the suit and could be upgraded, but I guarantee they arent going to sink much money into this because it has a high probability of being DOA.      

This is just another example of WB having zero patience and zero clue how to handle these characters.   If they did, they wouldve brought her up over the course of several movies and grew interest around her character.   

Its the same mistake they have made several times before, but apparently arent smart enough to learn from past failures.

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

It looks like a cheap CW costume.      Its horrible.  

One could argue that its her first version of the suit and could be upgraded, but I guarantee they arent going to sink much money into this because it has a high probability of being DOA.      

This is just another example of WB having zero patience and zero clue how to handle these characters.   If they did, they wouldve brought her up over the course of several movies and grew interest around her character.   

Its the same mistake they have made several times before, but apparently arent smart enough to learn from past failures.

This is the most popular comic design for batgirl and its pretty spot on if you ask me:

Batgirl, Vol 1 Barbara Gordon Gotham City Comic book, batgirl, comics,  fictional Characters png | PNGEgg

Its fine if you don't like the design, but they went full fan service here. 

• Like 1

And rumor the new Flash movie is going to erase the Snyderverse and replace Batman and Superman with Batgirl and Supergirl going forward.

Is this 100% true?   I dont know, but I think there is a good chance it is, and if thats the case....LMFAO, good luck with that WB....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That looks like a Halloween costume or like the wannabe Batmans from The Dark Knight.

I am on board with it not being sexualized, but that look ain't it.

Its suppose to be a Year 1 situation. Made by herself given that shes the police commissioner's daughter and not a billionaire. Sounds like she'll get a better suit towards the end.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

This is the most popular comic design for batgirl and its pretty spot on if you ask me:

Batgirl, Vol 1 Barbara Gordon Gotham City Comic book, batgirl, comics,  fictional Characters png | PNGEgg

Comic/animated designs dont always translate well to live action.

Like I said....even if it is accurate, it looks really cheap and tacky.

Anyway,  it doesnt even matter at this point.   Might as well go all in....

image?url=https%253A%252F%252Fstatic.one

....if he shows up, my faith in the DCEU might be restored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah, part of adapting a series for a different medium is altering the parts of it that do not work in the new medium.

Like a bad looking costume.

Or a 16 year old 100 pound girl with no powers being a super hero. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, part of adapting a series for a different medium is altering the parts of it that do not work in the new medium.

Like a bad looking costume.

Or a 16 year old 100 pound girl with no powers being a super hero. 

Being faithful to the source material to appease to the fans who will actual go watch it or people who have BS opinions like yours who wont watch it either way... hmmm wow yea thats a tough decision. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Being faithful to the source material to appease to the fans who will actual go watch it or people who have BS opinions like yours who wont watch it either way... hmmm wow yea thats a tough decision. 

Oh, there's your issue. You think anybody is going to watch this.