DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Why the **** do we need a Black Adam stand-alone movie? Anyone?

The Rock sells, Shazam vs.  Black Adam fight, money.

Mostly the money and DC somehow convinced the rock to play a character so they're not going to waste that. . 

7 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

The Rock sells, Shazam vs.  Black Adam fight, money.

Mostly the money and DC somehow convinced the rock to play a character so they're not going to waste that. . 

If its a Shazam v Black Adam movie...sure.  Black Adam alone...no.   I am a Rock fan and realize he sells, but there are better ways of doing it...WB always seems to make the worst possible decisions.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, skywlker32 said:

I actually really disliked that movie. Thought it was closer to the worst than the best. A lot of monologues back and forth instead of conversations. The Black Manta stuff seemed just thrown in at parts. Some of the humor hit though I guess.

Aquaman surely had its flaws, but objectively, it easily had the best developed characters and villain motivations and most coherent story of any of the other DCU movies.  It still had lame dialogue and some pretty mediocre CG.     

Everyone has their personal preferences, but most people seem to agree Aquaman is the best....and I tend to go along with that in this case for the reasons I mentioned.  I enjoyed MoS too...but it wasnt as fun as Aquaman IMO.

There hasn't been a single DCEU movie yet that hasn't been extremely flawed.  The best movie in the DCEU would be at or near the bottom of the MCU.  

45 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

To set up the Legion of Doom first then redo the JL. 

I hope Joquens Joker will head up the new DCU version of villains. 

Nah he wouldn't sign on for multiple films. He's a one and done short of maybe a Joker Sequel if it somehow makes enough money to justify it. 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Nah he wouldn't sign on for multiple films. He's a one and done short of maybe a Joker Sequel if it somehow makes enough money to justify it. 

That would be sad. 

I think going a different direction then Marvel and establish the villains then have the heroes rise to fight them could save the DCU. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

To set up the Legion of Doom first then redo the JL. 

I hope Joquens Joker will head up the new DCU version of villains. 

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

That would be sad. 

I think going a different direction then Marvel and establish the villains then have the heroes rise to fight them could save the DCU. 

Given the supposed plot twist with Joker in this movie (discussed before, won't spoil) I doubt it happens.   That’s a 2nd huge problem with the DCEU besides the main one (awful writing) - they have no cohesive vision like Feige did with the MCU.   Doing origin stories is a great idea. That’s right off the MCU playbook.   But to not synchronize the universe pretty much adds a 2nd nail to the DCEU coffin.   When the first problem actually is equivalent to about 7+ nails in.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Aquaman surely had its flaws, but objectively, it easily had the best developed characters and villain motivations and most coherent story of any of the other DCU movies.  It still had lame dialogue and some pretty mediocre CG.     

Everyone has their personal preferences, but most people seem to agree Aquaman is the best....and I tend to go along with that in this case for the reasons I mentioned.  I enjoyed MoS too...but it wasnt as fun as Aquaman IMO.

There hasn't been a single DCEU movie yet that hasn't been extremely flawed.  The best movie in the DCEU would be at or near the bottom of the MCU.  

tumblr_ppnpo90xz11uorz8zo1_500.gif

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 12:10 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah this is bs. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Man of Steel would not be. I would rate those movies above Thor 1 and 2, at least one Ant-Man movie, Age Of Ultron, Iron-Man 2, possibly 3, Captain Marvel and the The Incredible Hulk. So no that isn't at or near the bottom of the MCU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bootsy said:

Yeah this is bs. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Man of Steel would not be. I would rate those movies above Thor 1 and 2, at least one Ant-Man movie, Age Of Ultron, Iron-Man 2, possibly 3, Captain Marvel and the The Incredible Hulk. So no that isn't at or near the bottom of the MCU.

Good for you.   You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you're in the minority.

Let me rephrase what I said though... even the best movie in the DCU COULD BE ARGUED are at or near the bottom of the MCU.

I never saw Shazam or either Ant Man, so I cant speak on them.  

Aquaman is the only one I would agree could be argued is near the middle.

Man of Steel I like...but it's just not a fun movie and not a great representation of what Superman is.  A few tweaks could've made it amazing.   As it stands, it's absolutely in the lower half of the MCU...but that's obviously my opinion.

Wonder Woman was hugely overrated IMO.  I liked Gal Gadot and Chris Pine...the story was boring and the villain was terribly developed.  CG was laughable at times.  I'd put it on par with Iron Man 2 near the bottom of the MCU. Now, I get I may be in the minority on this one....but I dont get why such a mess of a movie is so liked.  

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Good for you.   You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you're in the minority.

Let me rephrase what I said though... even the best movie in the DCU COULD BE ARGUED are at or near the bottom of the MCU.

I never saw Shazam or either Ant Man, so I cant speak on them.  

Aquaman is the only one I would agree could be argued is near the middle.

Man of Steel I like...but it's just not a fun movie and not a great representation of what Superman is.  A few tweaks could've made it amazing.   As it stands, it's absolutely in the lower half of the MCU...but that's obviously my opinion.

Wonder Woman was hugely overrated IMO.  I liked Gal Gadot and Chris Pine...the story was boring and the villain was terribly developed.  CG was laughable at times.  I'd put it on par with Iron Man 2 near the bottom of the MCU. Now, I get I may be in the minority on this one....but I dont get why such a mess of a movie is so liked.  

i don't think it makes sense to argue someone is in the minority on something then go right back and say you might be in the minority of not liking one of the movies. Wonder Woman would be considered a mid tier MCU movie to most.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

i don't think it makes sense to argue someone is in the minority on something then go right back and say you might be in the minority of not liking one of the movies. Wonder Woman would be considered a mid tier MCU movie to most.

My point was most people would consider even the best DCU movie, at best, in the lower half of the MCU in regards to quality.  I firmly believe that.  

Wonder Woman is one I think many would try to debate is higher....but considering its glaring flaws, I dont see how it would be any higher than maybe Iron Man 2, which is considered one of the weaker MCU movies....still decent, but deeply flawed.