DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Swamp Thing canceled.  How many failures does it take for DC to start over?

How many jokes about DC being a failure and needing to start over will it take before they start over?

It's clearly WB's fault as they're one sliver of a notch above Sony as far as being able to run a studio.  Their franchises are laughable. 

That's a bummer. I liked episode 1 last week.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

How many jokes about DC being a failure and needing to start over will it take before they start over?

It's clearly WB's fault as they're one sliver of a notch above Sony as far as being able to run a studio.  Their franchises are laughable. 

You do know that Swamp Thing has nothing to do with any of these other movies right?

And actually the CW shows are extremely successful, and their Animated division (while a step down from a few years ago) is still doing very well

Im not defending what the "DCEU" has become, but to trash everything DC is just disingenuous

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I personally didnt even really like the first one.  It was okay, but suffered from some of the same issues as every other DCEU movie suffered from...weak dialogue, laughable CG and horribly developed main villain....which is pathetic considering DC has such an amazing rogues gallery.

Aquaman, IMO, is the best DC movie yet, even with its faults.   Man of Steel is close behind.  After that's, it's a dropoff to Wonder Woman.   Havent seen Shazam.

Shazam is really solid, probably the best DC movie IMO. And if the 3rd act of WW was even half as good as the rest of the movie it would have been great.

26 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Shazam is really solid, probably the best DC movie IMO. And if the 3rd act of WW was even half as good as the rest of the movie it would have been great.

I agree with Shazam being the best DC movie, really wish it would have done better at the box office.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean...Swamp Thing wasnt really part of the DC universe...its a show on a streaming service.  Not that I disagree in general, but it has no bearing on their movie-verse.

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Swamp Thing cancellation has to do with my state being stupid with their money rather than the show being a failure. 

https://www.slashfilm.com/swamp-thing-cancelled-dc-universe/

I watched the pilot and thought it was good. Most reports have this as a simple budget issue, something like half the budget was going to be reimbursed but now its more like 20% and it turned Swamp Thing into a complete money sink. 

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I like to Rag on WB but they're still the 2nd best Film studio behind Disney. 

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You do know that Swamp Thing has nothing to do with any of these other movies right?

And actually the CW shows are extremely successful, and their Animated division (while a step down from a few years ago) is still doing very well

Im not defending what the "DCEU" has become, but to trash everything DC is just disingenuous

This, their animated divison and the CW shows are very profitable. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Swamp Thing cancellation has to do with my state being stupid with their money rather than the show being a failure. 

https://www.slashfilm.com/swamp-thing-cancelled-dc-universe/

It's always money, shame it's getting cancelled now and since they cut the show from 13 episodes to 10 it's not gonna end well.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean...Swamp Thing wasnt really part of the DC universe...its a show on a streaming service.  Not that I disagree in general, but it has no bearing on their movie-verse.

DC labeling their streaming service "DC Universe" made everything confusing. 

26 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Titans is solid and that other show with Cyborg is supposedly good as well.  

Doom Patrol ended on the stupidest cliffhanger they could think of, and it was great.