3. Star Wars Prequels
  4. Trainspotting
  5. The Island
  6. The Men Who Stare at Goats
  7. Down with Love
  8. Black Hawk Down
  9. Angels & Demons
  10. Robots (Voice)

He was a surprising good bad buy in Angels & Demons. The only good Dan Brown film.

• 2 weeks later...

https://batman-news.com/2019/04/29/the-batman-casting-rumor/

To be clear, this does not necessarily mean an announcement to the public will happen this week. This could just be a finalizing of the process internally within the studio and the announcement could come down the road. Our money is still riding pretty hard on San Diego Comic-Con being where the announcement takes place, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Watched most of the DCEU for the first time over the past week (MCU rewatch had me extra hungry for more superhero films).

I wasn't sure Batman vs Superman could actually be as bad as critics thought, but I was wrong. What a mess of a film, and it's a shame too because I thought Affleck played the role of grizzled vet Batman very well. Clearly they tried to do WAY too much, catch up to the MCU in scope in 1 film.... and what was the deal with Lex Luther as rip-off Joker? I personally like Eisenberg as an actor and he plays that kind of role often, so I didn't necessarily mind it, I just know it was not based much on the source material (also what was his motive?) 

Justice League, almost equally a disaster. Dialogue just awful, the CGI looks weird the entire film, couldn't think of a more bland villain. I think Cavill is a good actor, but that was a laughable performance, I blame the director and script. Almost all of the new heroes felt miscast to me, even Aquaman. However, I liked the Aquaman film, and now like seeing Jason in that role so maybe I just need more time with Flash and Cyborg to get used to them...

Wonder Woman was awesome, I'm not sure Gal Gadot is a good actress or just a natural fit for playing a confused and clueless character? Because I got a bad first impression of her in Dawn of Justice. 

Time to watch Suicide Squad. My expectations are not very high, but I like the premise.

edit: and how could I forget Shazam! I saw that in theaters weeks ago. So good I don't even associate it with these other batch of DC films. Followed pretty standard formula, but execution was on point. They should really just stick to solo films and stop trying to mirror MCU.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Didn't know different cuts existed, just watched what was On Demand through I think HBO. Run time was definitely not 181 minutes so must have been theatrical release, which seems odd.

Ultimate Edition is much better...though still not good haha.

The subplots and plans make a lot more sense. Still can't fix Lex, Martha!, or the rushed Superman death though.

• Like 3

Tooooooo bad for you if you want well-planned, sensical universe building out of DC after catching up on the MCU.  WB doesn't have time for that sort of thing right now, and instead of seeing 1.5 billion in a day as a sign that they should shut it down and start over, they keep doubling down with stupidity and mediocrity.  Their best movie since Nolan is the quality of and has the IMDB rating of the worst MCU movie, and they call failures success.

Do people honestly believe that Shazam was a success?  It wasn't.  It was still a failure.  At 100 million budget, studios spend half the budget on advertising.  They spent 150 million on Shazam and it hasn't even broken even domestically.  They're getting like 25 cents (if that) on the dollar domestically. 

Aquaman on a budget of 175 million + 87.5 advertising = 262, box office return of 335 domestically. 

Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman and we've got the DCEU. 

Marvel turns Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and some of the dumbest comic book characters into beloved characters while we get surfer Aquaman and social anxiety Flash and I'm done. 

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Wonder Woman was awesome, I'm not sure Gal Gadot is a good actress or just a natural fit for playing a confused and clueless character? Because I got a bad first impression of her in Dawn of Justice. 

The only other films i've seen her in are the F&F ones, and she plays a very confident and BA woman very well.  I think she's a good actress.

She really hasn't been in much though.  The F&F movies, and the DC comic ones.  Some other small films.  She got her start with F&F in a bigger role.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

The only other films i've seen her in are the F&F ones, and she plays a very confident and BA woman very well.  I think she's a good actress.

She really hasn't been in much though.  The F&F movies, and the DC comic ones.  Some other small films.  She got her start with F&F in a bigger role.

She was a breath of fresh air in F&F.   She's a good actress.  

Biggest test of her career - build on the character piece with the sequel.    This is where so many promising franchises fizzle out.   Let's see what Patty Jenkins and Gadot & co. can bring.  Unlike the MCU, the DCEU has not earned our blind trust.  They could go a long way in earning it with a fantastic sequel.  History has not been kind to them, though.