DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I just dont understand what those guys were talking about who said it was dark and disturbing.    Ha...really?  For a teaser it was good...but was not really dark at all.  More artsy than anything.  Nothing that stands out, but nothing that pushes me away.

• Like 2

The Joker trailer looks interesting, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I want something like this. I feel like the Joker is a character that's better off when you don't know his backstory, especially if it's at all sympathetic. I don't want a film that makes people feel bad for the guy, which is (potentially) what might happen here. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

The Joker trailer looks interesting, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I want something like this. I feel like the Joker is a character that's better off when you don't know his backstory, especially if it's at all sympathetic. I don't want a film that makes people feel bad for the guy, which is (potentially) what might happen here. 

It would have been interesting if the story were told from his perspective (or maybe it is, who knows). Basically where you can't really trust that everything happened the way it is portrayed in the movie (kind of an unreliable narrator).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Well, at the very least, its not part of the connected universe.    Its its own separate thing.

Here is what I dont completely get though...

It still supposedly takes place in a world which will have a Batman, but in this movie, the Waynes are still alive, and Bruce is still a very young child, which means he is still a good 15-20 years away from becoming Batman.     The Joker is clearly a guy in his 40s here.....so when the Batman does come around, Joker will be in his 60s?   

Its a separate film so it doesnt really matter.   As its own thing, it might be good.     I just wish WB wasnt so stupid and would focus on building the  DCEU, which looks like it MIGHT finally be heading in a good direction.     Its sad that their top characters (Batman and Superman) arent even a thing right now, since both Affleck and probably Cavill are out and we know nothing about Reeves Batman, which from what I hear might be seperate from the DCEU, in which case, they are complete F***ING morons.   Instead, they are more concerned with making another terrible Suicide Squad and a Birds of Prey movie which is a complete joke (at this point).

Fortunately, Ive lost so much faith in WB and the DCEU, that anything remotely gppd will be a pleasant surprise (ie...Aquaman). 

25 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fortunately, Ive lost so much faith in WB and the DCEU, that anything remotely gppd will be a pleasant surprise (ie...Aquaman). 

It's a good thing this keeps getting repeated over and over again by a few of you guys. Otherwise I'd forget who all has lost faith.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Awesome....would much rather see him as a tertiary DC character rather than John Stewart.  ¬¬

Maybe he doesnt want to be a tentpole character in the DC Universe. He does tons of projects, and maybe being locked into a long picture deal is not his thing.

59 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Maybe he doesnt want to be a tentpole character in the DC Universe. He does tons of projects, and maybe being locked into a long picture deal is not his thing.

Fair point. Still disappointed.