DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Identity politics aside, they can avoid that whole controversy altogether by simply having him play an alternate reality Superman which MBJ himself said this is what he wants.

Obviously this is like, barely the same level considering the characters, but Will Smith and Now Elba as Deadshot never really created a stir. 

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

But his name is already being thrown around for Superman. No, not Clark, Val Zod, relax. xD He could play Val regardless of if Cavill stays or goes (which I honestly wouldn't blame him at this point if he leaves, especially with his Witcher obligations/schedule). 

If Cavill stays that just would not work considering all the other character they can introduce into this universe. His voice I dont think would fit right but what I would prefer Lantern or even Martian Manhunter. 

And BTW, I actually liked Will Smith's version of Deadshot. I remember saying his no-BS action star persona he carries in virtually all of his movies ("aw hell nah!") matches the character when it was first announced. I don't think he was anyone's first choice or mine going in to play Deadshot, but it was one I was okay with.

But yeah, Idris Elba is definitely an upgrade.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:35 PM, Deadpulse said:

pretty sure Cavill said he is done with Supes. Why can't MBJ play Clark Kent's Superman? I mean, I know this is a can of worms but the dude is literally an alien, does it matter?

Im not going to get deep into it, but I will disown the DCEU altogether if they cast him Supes.    There are other roles he would be great in....that isnt one of them.    

I dont get it.....this would be such a perfect opportunity for DC to make Green Lantern popular.   They failed miserably with the first Green Lantern, but Michael B Jordan as freaking Jon Stewart Green Lantern?   Thats money right there.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not going to get deep into it, but I will disown the DCEU altogether if they cast him Supes.    There are other roles he would be great in....that isnt one of them.    

I dont get it.....this would be such a perfect opportunity for DC to make Green Lantern popular.   They failed miserably with the first Green Lantern, but Michael B Jordan as freaking Jon Stewart Green Lantern?   Thats money right there.

This. That's the role he was born to play. 

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jordan is a little young to play Stewart and that Elba would be perfect for it?

Jordan needs to be Static

I would MUCH prefer Elba for Jon Stewart, but he is Deadshot....so thats that.

Jon Stewart doesnt have to be older....could be him first becoming a Green Lantern.

There are a bunch of roles in the DCEU I wouldnt mind seeing Jordan in.....but sure as hell not Superman.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Jon Stewart doesnt have to be older....could be him first becoming a Green Lantern.

We finally get Idris in a a superhero movie and that's who he picks?  Sigh.  Would make the best Bishop ever.

Jordan could fit as John Stewart.  He's too old to play Static Shock.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There are a bunch of roles in the DCEU I wouldnt mind seeing Jordan in.....but sure as hell not Superman.

Michael B Jordan was Johnny Storm and Killmonger in "Marvel" movies.

Chris Evans was Johnny Storm and Chris Evans in the same deal. 

I'm not seeing any reason Elba couldn't do both. It's not like those two characters would EVER be in the same movie.