DC Movie Universe

devils1854

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Man of Steel was close to being amazing. Too much damage and destruction in the climax and how they handled Jonathan's death really hurt it for me. I would have loved to see Superman struggle with his decision and mindset after killing Zod in a sequel.

The Jonathan Kent death was so stupid.     The way they handled it on Smallville was perfect IMO.   Didnt have to be exactly the same thing, but it shouldve been something that Clark couldnt have helped.    He wouldnt have just stood there and watched his dad die just to protect his secret.

I dont get the hate for the damage that was done, though.   They were trying to terraform the earth to make it like Krypton.   Of course there was going to be tons of damage.

The worst parts of Man of Steel IMO were 1) the dialogue was absolutely laughable at times and 2) there was no levity at all and at times, didnt feel like a Superman movie.    

Solid movie overall, but yes, couldve been so much better.     You could say that about pretty much every DCEU movie, though.    

45 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The Jonathan Kent death was so stupid.     The way they handled it on Smallville was perfect IMO.   Didnt have to be exactly the same thing, but it shouldve been something that Clark couldnt have helped.    He wouldnt have just stood there and watched his dad die just to protect his secret.

I dont get the hate for the damage that was done, though.   They were trying to terraform the earth to make it like Krypton.   Of course there was going to be tons of damage.

The worst parts of Man of Steel IMO were 1) the dialogue was absolutely laughable at times and 2) there was no levity at all and at times, didnt feel like a Superman movie.    

Solid movie overall, but yes, couldve been so much better.     You could say that about pretty much every DCEU movie, though.    

Yeah, Jonathan's death just didn't hit for me at all. Badly mishandled that.

The damage from the ships and the terraforming I was fine with; it was the punch fest that Superman and Zod had afterwards that was way over the top. They destroyed, like, 11 buildings just by themselves.

I love the movie, but definitely flawed and can see why others wouldn't like it as much.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:14 PM, seminoles1 said:

The damage from the ships and the terraforming I was fine with; it was the punch fest that Superman and Zod had afterwards that was way over the top. They destroyed, like, 11 buildings just by themselves.

Who cares tho?  Obviously it’s not ideal in their world and those living in Metropolis wouldn’t want that but why do viewers care?  Zod wasn’t going to submit.  He wasn’t going to be imprisoned.  One of them had to die and with the level of power between them, collateral damage would be worse than ever.  It’s to be expected.  The only way it could’ve gone differently was Superman killing him faster (imagine that backlash) or Zod killing him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Who cares tho?  Obviously it’s not ideal in their world and those living in Metropolis wouldn’t want that but why do viewers care?  Zod wasn’t going to submit.  He wasn’t going to be imprisoned.  One of them had to die and with the level of power between them, collateral damage would be worse than ever.  It’s to be expected.  The only way it could’ve gone differently was Superman killing him faster (imagine that backlash) or Zod killing him. 

Because it was boring and repetitive.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's more preference and opinion than reason why it hurt the film.     I had issues with MoS, but that wasnt close to one of them.   I thought, for the most part, the action and destruction within was just fine given the circumstances of the movie.

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That's more preference and opinion than reason why it hurt the film.     I had issues with MoS, but that wasnt close to one of them.   I thought, for the most part, the action and destruction within was just fine given the circumstances of the movie.

Yeah I was fine with the destruction, as you said it was expected. 

On 2/24/2019 at 12:39 AM, seminoles1 said:

I think the problem was once the world machine was destroyed the action moment had already climaxed.  Then he stops to kiss Louis for like 2 seconds then is immediately in the punch-fest with Zod.  So you're kind of like, ugh why are we still fighting?  

It would have been better pacing had the humans been able to take out the world machine by themselves while Superman fought Zod.  Then both fights ending at the same time.  

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think the problem was once the world machine was destroyed the action moment had already climaxed.  Then he stops to kiss Louis for like 2 seconds then is immediately in the punch-fest with Zod.  So you're kind of like, ugh why are we still fighting?  

It would have been better pacing had the humans been able to take out the world machine by themselves while Superman fought Zod.  Then both fights ending at the same time.  

Again, I didnt have an issue with the pacing.    I never liked Amy Adams as Lois though, and never thought her and Cavill had good chemistry.    

They just need to forget MoS, BvS, JL and SS and just pretend Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the only 2 movies in the current DCEU...and build from there.

WB is full of morons though.   There will never be a good DCEU...of that I have no doubt.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 12:47 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

They just need to forget MoS, BvS, JL and SS and just pretend Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the only 2 movies in the current DCEU...and build from there.

WB is full of morons though.   There will never be a good DCEU...of that I have no doubt.

I kind of think they might be getting close to making that happen. No Robbie or Smith in SS2, and it's been described as kind of a reboot. Affleck out as Batman and they're clearly going to pretend none of that was a thing. New Joker, and while it hasn't been described as a replacement I'm sure part of that is to make people forget Leto. I don't think the Leto Joker movie will ever happen. Cavill's Superman is really the only thing they haven't done any official type of move on from, but he's also the part of those 4 movies I'd most want to keep anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I kind of think they might be getting close to making that happen. No Robbie or Smith in SS2, and it's been described as kind of a reboot. Affleck out as Batman and they're clearly going to pretend none of that was a thing. New Joker, and while it hasn't been described as a replacement I'm sure part of that is to make people forget Leto. I don't think the Leto Joker movie will ever happen. Cavill's Superman is really the only thing they haven't done any official type of move on from, but he's also the part of those 4 movies I'd most want to keep anyway.

With all of the alternate earth stuff, they could easily pretend those events never happened...at least in the new universe they should create.