DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It's The Joker. It'll be plenty profitable and people will go out of their way to see it.

No Batman or connected universe, so I honestly don't really care. I'll wait for reviews and more than likely stream it later in the year if reviews are good. While I'm avoiding spoilers, early reaction to "the twist" haven't been overly positive.

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Hopefully it means they know they effed up and they’re about to can everything and start over with Batman.

No way they're ditching Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It's The Joker. It'll be plenty profitable and people will go out of their way to see it.

like who? DC and Batman fans? To a point, sure. It's not going to draw many casual fans though. I'm a huge Batman and Joker fan, but I have zero intention of going to the theater to see it.

If it has good word of mouth, it should be fairly successful, but I seriously doubt it's going to be a huge financial draw. no Batman in the movie and it's not connected to an extended universe... more of an alternate reality Joker movie.

And for the record, it could be a very good movie... but I don't see much hype for it outside of some DC diehards and Joaquin Phoenix fans.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

This.

Aquaman especially that's getting a trilogy.

WW will probably do well to justify a 3rd movie as well. 

My biggest concern with Wonder Woman 2 is Kristen Wiig, who I can't ******* stand.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

My biggest concern with Wonder Woman 2 is Kristen Wiig, who I can't ******* stand.

I'm getting the feeling that WW84 is going to be a dumpster fire.  It'll do a huge opening weekend even if the reviews are bad, but I could see this becoming another WB meddled disaster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm getting the feeling that WW84 is going to be a dumpster fire.  It'll do a huge opening weekend even if the reviews are bad, but I could see this becoming another WB meddled disaster.

I personally didnt even really like the first one.  It was okay, but suffered from some of the same issues as every other DCEU movie suffered from...weak dialogue, laughable CG and horribly developed main villain....which is pathetic considering DC has such an amazing rogues gallery.

Aquaman, IMO, is the best DC movie yet, even with its faults.   Man of Steel is close behind.  After that's, it's a dropoff to Wonder Woman.   Havent seen Shazam.

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I personally didnt even really like the first one.  It was okay, but suffered from some of the same issues as every other DCEU movie suffered from...weak dialogue, laughable CG and horribly developed main villain....which is pathetic considering DC has such an amazing rogues gallery.

Aquaman, IMO, is the best DC movie yet, even with its faults.   Man of Steel is close behind.  After that's, it's a dropoff to Wonder Woman.   Havent seen Shazam.

I actually really disliked that movie. Thought it was closer to the worst than the best. A lot of monologues back and forth instead of conversations. The Black Manta stuff seemed just thrown in at parts. Some of the humor hit though I guess.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This is all true.  In my first watch through i was entertained by WW throughout.  The second time i saw it, i more fully realized how poorly they pulled off the villain.  it's really bad.  While i still like the movie, it's certainly not a comic book classic for me.

• Like 1

Swamp Thing canceled.  How many failures does it take for DC to start over?

How many jokes about DC being a failure and needing to start over will it take before they start over?

It's clearly WB's fault as they're one sliver of a notch above Sony as far as being able to run a studio.  Their franchises are laughable.