Chiefs trade WR Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 2022 1st + 2nd, 4th + 2023 4th + 6th, Give him 4 year, $120M, $72.2M gtd (Page 18)

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Probably more about the "in space" part. Tyreek is aware that Tua has averaged well under 7 yards per attempt this far? Things are just as likely to be ridiculously crowded as they are to find open space. 

Granted, that could very well change. Just saying, he's accurate, but he also isn't exactly stretching the field.

As far as Tua goes, he's near the bottom of the league in that regard (ahead of Josh Allen, ironically, but that's an exception). 

Tyreek is getting paid and can score from anywhere on the field. He really dont care lol

20 hours ago, Emerica said:

Hmmmm… I guess Mahomes is an exception too.

I keep seeing this being re-posted.

The main difference here is that Mahomes (and as a result, Hill) took a decline in deep ball statistics because of the way defenses were playing them. My understanding is that the Chiefs struggled for awhile vs assorted two high looks this year, and they were forced to attack teams underneath. Defenses knew the KC offense would be aggressive to a fault, until they weren’t. KC adjusted because they’re a well coached team, but the result was an offense that took less deep shots.

That clearly was not the case in Miami. Deep passing was not a function of the offense the way it is/was in KC, and the line couldn’t support it if they tried. But teams weren’t afraid of Miami beating them deep. 

Strong example of how numbers don’t tell the whole story (although they sorta do if you just look at Hill’s +volume but even production, along with Mahomes’ least aggressive year to date in terms of deep passing).

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tyreek Hill is going from the QB that had the 5th-shortest average pass distance in the NFL last season (Patrick Mahomes, 7.02) to the QB with the 4th-shortest average pass distance (Tua Tagovailoa, 6.92)

Anyone else find this ironic? For as much crap as Tua gets for throwing short passes due in large part to the complete ineptitude of his OLINE's inability to block mind you (not arm strength).

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs were right there with him on average depth of throws? 

I think Tua Tagovailoa is better than a lot of non AFC East fans give him credit for and I already know Tyreek Hill was greatness before Patrick Mahomes (2018).

But let's be real here

Tyreek Hill is going from a QB in Patrick Mahomes who's thrown 75 TDs/19 INTs throughout the previous two years (9,579 Passing Yards). 

To...

Tua Tagovailoa who's only thrown 27 TDs/15 INTs throughout the previous 2 years (4,467 Passing Yards). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick Mahomes is a phenom QB who once tossed 50 TDs as a 2nd year player (1st year starter) in comparison to Tua's 16 TDs as a 2nd year QB last year. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick Mahomes 2020 and 2021 = 38 Games Played. 

Pressured 356 times. 

Blitzed 292 times. 

Hurried 156 times. 

Hit 137 times. 

Sacked 63 times.

Pressured 21.2% of the time. 

Vs. 

Tua Tagovailoa 2020 and 2021 = 23 Games Played. 

Pressured 137 times. 

Blitzed 215 times. 

Hurried 59 times. 

Hit 38 times. 

Sacked 40 times.

Pressured 17.8% of the time.

Please. Please. Please. Everyone (not just you) please stop acting and pretending as if Tua Tagovailoa is the only one who's played behind O-Line's with an inability to block; as if Patrick Mahomes hasn't (as well)

e1425f14-8279-4394-a1fa-22bfc051400b-Bak

r793151_1296x729_16-9.jpg

ap_18324124631236-e1542710956776.jpg

usatsi_13256460.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

maxresdefault.jpg

chiefs-buccaneers-super-bowl-football-28

Stop it.

Let's just put an end to that narrative right here/right now. 

I'm honestly shocked Patrick Mahomes hasn't been destroyed/killed/ruined throughout the previous two years because he's absolutely been beaten up; that kid is one tough S.O.B. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tyreek Hill is going from the QB that had the 5th-shortest average pass distance in the NFL last season (Patrick Mahomes, 7.02) to the QB with the 4th-shortest average pass distance (Tua Tagovailoa, 6.92)

Anyone else find this ironic? For as much crap as Tua gets for throwing short passes due in large part to the complete ineptitude of his OLINE's inability to block mind you (not arm strength).

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs were right there with him on average depth of throws? 

That's because of a heavy proliferation of cover 2 against the Chiefs last year, I would imagine. His average depth of target dropped about 1-2 yards from previous years. He's never been at the top of the leaderboard, but before last year Mahomes was consistently around the top 10. He was 6th (9.1), 9th (8.8), 12th (8.4) before dropping to around 7 last year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I keep seeing this being re-posted.

The main difference here is that Mahomes (and as a result, Hill) took a decline in deep ball statistics because of the way defenses were playing them. My understanding is that the Chiefs struggled for awhile vs assorted two high looks this year, and they were forced to attack teams underneath. Defenses knew the KC offense would be aggressive to a fault, until they weren’t. KC adjusted because they’re a well coached team, but the result was an offense that took less deep shots.

That clearly was not the case in Miami. Deep passing was not a function of the offense the way it is/was in KC, and the line couldn’t support it if they tried. But teams weren’t afraid of Miami beating them deep. 

Strong example of how numbers don’t tell the whole story (although they sorta do if you just look at Hill’s +volume but even production, along with Mahomes’ least aggressive year to date in terms of deep passing).

Correct. Mahomes threw by far the most passes against two deep coverages last year. 

• Like 4

My Jets have only played Patrick Mahomes 1x but man oh man are first impressions, lasting impressions.

31/42, 416 Passing Yards, 5 TDs/0 INTs, QB Passer Rating of 144.4. 

What I was so impressed with is unlike Aaron Rodgers, this kid Mahomes doesn't lock onto any one player but actually spreads the ball around (as soon as someone gets open he's getting the 🏈).

• Travis Kelce = 12 Targets, 8 Catches, 109 Receiving Yards and 1 TD.

• Mecole Hardman = 9 Targets, 7 Catches, 98 Receiving Yards, 1 TD. 

• Tyreek Hill = 6 Targets, 4 catches, 98 Receiving Yards and 2 TDs.

• Demarcus Robinson = 5 Targets, 4 Catches, 63 Receiving Yards and 1 TD.

• Byron Pringle = 4 Targets, 3 Catches and 22 Receiving Yards (No TD for you).

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire = 3 Targets, 3 Catches and 10 Receiving Yards. 

• Le'Veon Bell = 3 Targets, 3 Catches and 31 Receiving Yards. 

Get open and Patrick Mahomes is going to not only find you but he's going to find you with an extremely insane LIVE arm;

JuJu Smith-Schuster and especially Marquez Valdes-Scantling are both going to thrive alongside of Patrick Mahomes/Andy Reid/Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes is going to turn MVS into an absolute Superstar Deep Threat 6'4 Speed Demon WR (Aaron Rodgers was too busy being locked onto Davante Adams, but Patrick Mahomes doesn't play that game). 

TE: Travis Kelce. 

WR: Jameson Williams (1st round).

WR: Marquez Valdes-Scantling..

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

WR: Mecole Hardman.

WR: Byron Pringle. 

That (potential) WR/TE core is more dangerous than ever before because Patrick Mahomes now has even MORE WEAPONS and he knows exactly what to do with them (get them (all) the ball). 

Long term team building wise?

Kansas City just FLEECED Miami. 

Better hope neither one of Trey McBride/Jalen Wydermyer falls to 50th overall (2nd Round) with their Miami Dolphins pick because if so Kelce/McBride and/or Kelce/ Wydermyer becomes Gronk/Hernandez 2.0 (then Patrick Mahomes becomes even more unstoppable).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Please. Please. Please. Everyone (not just you) please stop acting and pretending as if Tua Tagovailoa is the only one who's played behind O-Line's with an inability to block; as if Patrick Mahomes hasn't (as well)

As usual you've missed the point. Point is , the assumption by the masses is Tua throws short passes because of a weak arm, he's forced to. Mahomes doesn't have a weak arm but is in a similar boat in depth per pass.  Both have horrific OL protection. The Chiefs however got better in 2021, the Dolphins were 32nd and were all time kind of bad. To be clear.

Since you love to bold 👍

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Sounds like Tyreke may be catching balls from Brady if Brady has anything to say about it.

Wow. 

Brady coming back home to the AFC East? 

I'd welcome it with open arms because father time is undefeated and waits for no man (Tom Brady is next) and I'd love to watch his demise (first hand) as he falls off an NFL QB cliff while getting to see him at his very worst. 

(ok. wishful thinking).

But I would love for Miami to throw away A+ draft capital because once Tom Brady finally retires he'll leave them in an awful situation and with a much weaker future. 

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

link? I would like to see where Dak ended up

It's not a link to statistics. It was part of an article that sourced from SIS

Stafford was number 2, but he was significantly behind Mahomes at nearly 80 fewer pass attempts against 2 high 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

My Jets have only played Patrick Mahomes 1x but man oh man are first impressions, lasting impressions.

31/42, 416 Passing Yards, 5 TDs/0 INTs, QB Passer Rating of 144.4. 

What I was so impressed with is unlike Aaron Rodgers, this kid Mahomes doesn't lock onto any one player but actually spreads the ball around (as soon as someone gets open he's getting the 🏈).

• Travis Kelce = 12 Targets, 8 Catches, 109 Receiving Yards and 1 TD.

• Mecole Hardman = 9 Targets, 7 Catches, 98 Receiving Yards, 1 TD. 

• Tyreek Hill = 6 Targets, 4 catches, 98 Receiving Yards and 2 TDs.

• Demarcus Robinson = 5 Targets, 4 Catches, 63 Receiving Yards and 1 TD.

• Byron Pringle = 4 Targets, 3 Catches and 22 Receiving Yards (No TD for you).

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire = 3 Targets, 3 Catches and 10 Receiving Yards. 

• Le'Veon Bell = 3 Targets, 3 Catches and 31 Receiving Yards. 

Get open and Patrick Mahomes is going to not only find you but he's going to find you with an extremely insane LIVE arm;

JuJu Smith-Schuster and especially Marquez Valdes-Scantling are both going to thrive alongside of Patrick Mahomes/Andy Reid/Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes is going to turn MVS into an absolute Superstar Deep Threat 6'4 Speed Demon WR (Aaron Rodgers was too busy being locked onto Davante Adams, but Patrick Mahomes doesn't play that game). 

TE: Travis Kelce. 

WR: Jameson Williams (1st round).

WR: Marquez Valdes-Scantling..

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

WR: Mecole Hardman.

WR: Byron Pringle. 

That (potential) WR/TE core is more dangerous than ever before because Patrick Mahomes now has even MORE WEAPONS and he knows exactly what to do with them (get them (all) the ball). 

Long term team building wise?

Kansas City just FLEECED Miami. 

Better hope neither one of Trey McBride/Jalen Wydermyer falls to 50th overall (2nd Round) with their Miami Dolphins pick because if so Kelce/McBride and/or Kelce/ Wydermyer becomes Gronk/Hernandez 2.0 (then Patrick Mahomes becomes even more unstoppable).

I like this guy, can we keep him?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Correct. Mahomes threw by far the most passes against two deep coverages last year. 

Its like Andy Reid and Mahomes just feed of each other and turn into this passing monster fiesta. Im very interested to see how Mahomes and the offense performs now without his security blanket. 

Something no one is talking about is that once Hill and the Chiefs offense was forced into the short game and Hill had to actually catch the ball more regularly and suddenly, he struggled with drops and his TDs dropped. 

It got cleaned up with time, but his hands arent as elite as I thought. The ball also had a horrible tendency of popping into the air for the interception which Happened at least 4 times. He adjusted over the season, but dinking and dunking into the redzone did not help his TD rate.