2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

At least you have people that play those positions, playing those positions. We had a AAA right fielder who hit the ball 3 times in 2 months and lead the league in first base errors playing first base. Not to mention a AA level 2nd basemen playing outfield 

“Play those positions”

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

“Play those positions”

Yes. 3 of our starters up until the deadline didn't even play the positions they were playing, ever. And those players have an insane amount of errors at said positions. 

They can afford one player like IKF when they have a player that basically counts as 2 above average batters.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

59 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yes. 3 of our starters up until the deadline didn't even play the positions they were playing, ever. And those players have an insane amount of errors at said positions. 

They can afford one player like IKF when they have a player that basically counts as 2 above average batters.

I think the last 6 weeks has shown they can’t afford that.

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's not all on one player. They've scored 8 runs in the last 56 innings lol. Bats were bound to go cold eventually.

Absolutely not. I’m complaining about Hicks and IKF directly, and Donaldson, although he at least plays a good 3rd base. Torres has also been horrible, but i realize the guys we have in the minors are more suited to replace the players I’ve had the biggest gripe with. IMO a lineup of 

DJLM

JUDGE

RIZZO 

STANTON

BENI

TORRES

TREVINO

PERAZA

BADER/Cabrera/Florial

Is what we should be rolling out in September to see how it looks for October. We know what we are getting out of IKF and Donaldson, and we ain’t winning with that team. I want to see a couple of the younger guys get some run and see what they can do.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 6:17 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Absolutely not. I’m complaining about Hicks and IKF directly, and Donaldson, although he at least plays a good 3rd base. Torres has also been horrible, but i realize the guys we have in the minors are more suited to replace the players I’ve had the biggest gripe with. IMO a lineup of 

DJLM

JUDGE

RIZZO 

STANTON

BENI

TORRES

TREVINO

PERAZA

BADER/Cabrera/Florial

Is what we should be rolling out in September to see how it looks for October. We know what we are getting out of IKF and Donaldson, and we ain’t winning with that team. I want to see a couple of the younger guys get some run and see what they can do.

Totally agree

Yankees pulling the same garbage as always playing barely above replacement level vets every day because we are stuck paying them millions or Cashman doesn't want to admit defeat

Only time they deviated from that playbook was 2016-17 because Cashman traded/released all the vets, big surprise the 2016 team almost made the playoffs and the 2017 team almost made the WS "ahead of schedule" 

When will he realize the best teams aggressively promote and utilize young talent?  In every single sport.  If you aren't going to spend 2x as much as anyone else anymore, you can't rely on a bunch of guys in their 30s who are way past their physical peaks and can't stay healthy and effective for 162 games

Hicks hasn't been a good player in 4 years, Josh Donaldson is a piece of crap human being and he's hitting .223 with minimal pop.  But they're playing every day because we are paying them $35m a year.  IKF has a .317 slugging percentage 

Enough is enough 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dustin May makes his return today. His stuff some how looked better. Cannot wait 

9ks on 71 pitches lol give it another year and a half and he will be considered the best at his position 

😎

Edited by agarcia34

On 8/17/2022 at 7:45 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

Except they have multiple players who are automatic outs, at least Gallo is gone but Hicks is still here and there's been zero production from the catcher spot for the past two months.  

The cleanup hitter has 47 RBIs this season and an OPS below .700

When Rizzo, Giancarlo, and Carpenter were healthy and mashing it was fine but that's the problem, they built the entire offense around a few guys in their mid-30s (and got lucky with Carpenter), injuries happen 

If Judge wasn't having an all-time season they'd be in second place right now 

Zero offensive production from half your lineup isn't going to cut it for a team that wants to win a WS