2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

On 8/29/2022 at 10:59 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

If this was 20 years ago it'd be earthshaking but the PA got its *** beat so badly in the last two negotiations.

Obviously jts good news but it's less good with the current state of the PA. They should also be ashamed it's taken this long to do.

Just let me enjoy the sound of all those political contributions that the MLB made to exempt minor leaguers from minimum wage laws getting flushed down the toilet.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t agree in terms of catcher. Having a productive offensive catcher is far and few between these days, and i don’t think Trevino has been the problem, especially when you consider defense.

You're right.  I'm not saying Trevino is a bad player, he's fine, but if you're going to have a defense first catcher with very limited offensive value that makes it even more important to get production out of your other spots. 

We aren't the Dodgers with Will Smith or even the Yankees of old anymore with Gary fumbling his way to 25 HR. 

On 8/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, hrubes20 said:

I admittedly have checked out of this mlb season for the most part, but I had to check this to make sure it was correct, because the Yankees were on such a tear through June.  Then realized they are 23-30 since July 1st.  Yikes.

Meanwhile over that stretch Judge has 24 homers and 56 RBIs in 53 games...

He's single handedly keeping them from being literally the worst team in baseball this summer.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34551389/major-league-baseball-competition-committee-vote-rules-changes-friday-eye-quickening-pace-play-sources-say

The goal is to increase action on the field, quicken the pace and reduce the amount of time it takes to play a major league game. The rule changes are expected to pass and include the following:

A 15-second pitch clock with the bases empty and a 20-second clock with runners on

Two disengagements from the rubber -- including pickoff attempts -- per plate appearance

A requirement by hitters to be in the batter's box and "alert" with eight seconds to go on the clock. Hitters are allowed one timeout per plate appearance

Only two infielders will be allowed on each side of second base, with all four required to be on the dirt (or inner grass)

Infielders cannot position themselves on the outfield grass before the pitch is thrown

Bases will increase in size from 15 inches squared to 18

For every positive there's a gigantic, stupid negative. Why are they banning the shift? Why are they banning timeouts effectively? WHY ARE YOU LIMITING ******* PICKOFFS?!?!

They have no idea what they're doing to the sport.

• Like 1