2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The Guardians front office is at the "why the heck would you trade with them" level. Like, if I'm another FO and the Guardians come calling for prospect X, I'm immediately doing a deep dive on what my farm system is doing wrong in not getting everything possible out of him because if I send him to CLE he'll turn into a stud.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FGK said:

The Guardians front office is at the "why the heck would you trade with them" level. Like, if I'm another FO and the Guardians come calling for prospect X, I'm immediately doing a deep dive on what my farm system is doing wrong in not getting everything possible out of him because if I send him to CLE he'll turn into a stud.

Our ability to develop guys (especially pitching) is why I’m so hyped about Daniel Espino. He’s going to be a monster for us.

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our ability to develop guys (especially pitching) is why I’m so hyped about Daniel Espino. He’s going to be a monster for us.

Espino is going to be a monster. But the high minors are freaking littered with guys who at least have a shot at being very solid mid-rotation or higher starters. Gavin Williams looks legit. Joey Cantillo looks really good in his first year back from injury. Peyton Battenfield's strikeouts have dipped dramatically this year but he still looks like a solid back end starter. Tanner Bibee's K/BB ratio has been fantastic. Logan Allen (the younger one) has struggled with the adjustment to AAA but was fantastic at AA. Tanner Burns has been good at AA. Cody Morris was a fast, fast riser last year pre-injury. Xzavion Curry has the best name in baseball. Nick Mikolajchak at AAA looks like a solid reliever. And I haven't even mentioned anybody who's like A/Low A. Ethan Hankins if he ever gets healthy, Doug Nikhazy, etc. 

The Indian's minor league arms are so crazy deep right now.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 7:59 PM, biggio7 said:

I had to look it up. Clevinger, Evoladi had two. The article said that most of the guys weren't nearly as good because they were already in their 30s when it happened a second time. It will be a new look for Walker when coming back. Hopefully he does well. Injuries suck.

Yep. Not the death knell it once was, but doesnt bode well for his future.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:30 AM, bigbadbuff said:

How do you all rate Hayes and Cruz on the Pirates going forward and which would you rather have?

Cruz has superstar tools but his plate discipline and fielding is going to hinder him. If he were to click, I'd look like a fool saying this but give me the gold glove caliber 3B that has solid to legitimate offensive upside.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

About time, considering they've been negotiating on their behalf for years.

If this was 20 years ago it'd be earthshaking but the PA got its *** beat so badly in the last two negotiations.

Obviously jts good news but it's less good with the current state of the PA. They should also be ashamed it's taken this long to do.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

First team to 90 wins. Absolute wagon the Dodgers are 

I admittedly have checked out of this mlb season for the most part, but I had to check this to make sure it was correct, because the Yankees were on such a tear through June.  Then realized they are 23-30 since July 1st.  Yikes.