2022 Final Four: E8 North Carolina 81, W2 Duke 77 - Coach K goes out with a L

beekay414

42 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m curious how Duke will be viewed by non Duke fans post K.

They’ll still be hated of course but I don’t view Scheyer(while unlikable to some) nearly as hateable as K, or say a Wojo or Laettner. He has a pretty chill demeanor/personality.

hscheyer9_feature.jpg

Edited by fraziafraze07
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

They’ll still be hated of course but I don’t view Scheyer(while unlikable to some) nearly as hateable as K, or say a Wojo or Laettner. He has a pretty chill demeanor/personality.

It depends on how far the program falls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It depends on how far the program falls.

Considering we have already landed like 9 5* recruits, I doubt it will fall very far. UNC can keep riding the referees to wins though, I know guys like Manek and Luke Maye are a special breed doing special things for those special calls. Reports were Manek walked straight into their locker room.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I obviously love Coach K but man he was senile toward the end of his tenure leading the program. Didn't recruit guards, used literally no substitutions, and just failed to make in game adjustments when he needed too. 

I'm excited for the Scheyer era and I hope that he, like Hubert Davis, goes away from the traditional Duke style and implements the way he wants to play. He's already shown that he is the best recruiter in college basketball so we should continue our run of dominance. 

Ideally Keels and Moore return to school and we're looking dangerous next season. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One game doesn't define the greatest coach in sports history my friend. Especially not one in which he was hosed by the officials.

I'm talking about wanting Duke to go undefeated next year.