Jalen or Sherman

El Ramster

Who is better between Sherman and Jalen   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Whose the better player

• Jalen Ramsey
    • Richard Sherman

Also through 6 years they are very close. Sherman fell off a cliff after that and only had the one bounce back stud season in 2019 (also on a completely stacked D)

So when Ramsey continues to be elite or even very good in the next 5 years, he will annihilate Sherman head to head.

• Like 1

This might be homerism and hyperbole mixed but...

Ramsey is just a truly unique freak of nature. The athleticism of an elite cover corner and the physicality of a modern day LB. He's not perfect obviously, but I don't think there's even been a player as physically gifted as him that played CB.

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

This might be homerism and hyperbole mixed but...

Ramsey is just a truly unique freak of nature. The athleticism of an elite cover corner and the physicality of a modern day LB. He's not perfect obviously, but I don't think there's even been a player as physically gifted as him that played CB.

Patrick Peterson. Like, don't get me wrong he's really good but I don't think Ramsey is anything more athletically than a prime PP was or several other guys like Woodson or Revis (though obviously bigger than Revis). Even Nnamdi.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Overall, it's probably Ramsey

But lawd, that super bowl performance........

263-75=188

pretty damm good to hold an explosive offense below 200 hunnid now? That’s elite, specially in this modern NFL. 

without that Tuddy he ends the game with a passer rating of 81.. That’s A1 in my book 📖 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Patrick Peterson. Like, don't get me wrong he's really good but I don't think Ramsey is anything more athletically than a prime PP was or several other guys like Woodson or Revis (though obviously bigger than Revis). Even Nnamdi.

Athleticism, yes. But I don't think those guys match his physicality. He's almost like a LB at times.

On 3/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

People forget that Sherman also clamped down in man coverage in those few years where Seattle ran mixes of C3 and C1, he wasn't just a deep 3rd CB.

And the amount of plays that guy made despite teams largely ignoring him was just insane. I think they're both close, but the edge for me personally is Sherman's ability to generate turnovers.

People don't really understand the coverages Seattle and then later on SF ran and think Sherman was just a zone corner. 

Sherman had more dominant seasons in his prime and is the better player as of now. We shall see how much longer Ramsey can continue playing at an high level but he's going to have a hell of a resume when it is all said and done. He's only like 27 years old so he can have 3-5 more pro bowl caliber seasons. 

• Like 2

Jalen Ramsey moves around and isn't afraid to take on the challenge of covering the opposing #1 WR every game. Sherman was helped tremendously by the Seahawks cover 3 scheme playing with Earl Thomas. Even Casey Hayward looked lock down in that scheme last year.