Jerry Jones threatening to sue NFL over Goodell

Thelonebillsfan

"A team owner and a team executive told Outside the Lines that Jones has hired David Boies..... that Jones has been exploring the lawsuit option through Boies, if Goodell's contract is extended after the 2018 season as is being considered. "

Would that be the owner of a certain NY team that leaked that out?

Fake News, everyone.

Goodell is a sock puppet for the 32 lol, the fact that you guys think he has any kind of power over 32 billionaires is funny. They say do something, he does it. If you think 24+ other owners didn't sign off on suspending Brady, and Zeke, you're not paying attention. The fact that everybody despises him is exactly what they want.

He is the fall guy for their stupidity. The game is not going back to how it used to be with guys actively beating each others brains in, it's not, and Rodger Goodell is not even responsible for that, outcry,  a shift in public opinion, and a ton of lawsuits is.

Like come on you guys, you know better.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Goodell is a sock puppet for the 32 lol, the fact that you guys think he has any kind of power over 32 billionaires is funny. They say do something, he does it. If you think 24+ other owners didn't sign off on suspending Brady, and Zeke, you're not paying attention. The fact that everybody despises him is exactly what they want.

He is the fall guy for their stupidity. The game is not going back to how it used to be with guys actively beating each others brains in, it's not, and Rodger Goodell is not even responsible for that, outcry,  a shift in public opinion, and a ton of lawsuits is.

You don't think there's a chance that Goodell realized how much power he actually has do to the CBA and decided to start doing what he wanted here and there?

The 32 owners are his bosses, but they also compete against one another.

I think every owner is fine with someone else getting screwed over here and there until it happens to them.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Do I think he's made some executive decisions on his own? Sure. But I HIGHLY doubt going rogue against the leagues most marketable and popular player in Tom Brady is something he just decided to do one day without even talking to his bosses.

Oh I don't doubt a bunch of owners were supporting him going after TB....because the owners wanted to have a better chance at winning, everything else be damned.

Like I said, I think every owner is fine with other owners clubs getting screwed over until it happens to them.

Jerry Jones loved TB getting suspended, and the loss of the 1st round pick because it didn't effect his team negatively. 

Now his team is being affected and we see how quickly his opinion on Goodells power and reasoning has changed.

Archived