Official FootballsFuture Top 36 QB's as voted on by the Forum

BayRaider

On 3/31/2022 at 5:16 PM, BayRaider said:

Actually most of the top spots got a lot more votes than that. Also how many active users do you think we have? This forum probably has about 35-40 every day posters in the NFL Gen/NFL Comparison sections. 

If people chose not to vote, then that was there choice. They can't just not vote and be like "list doesn't count!"

Well technically they can. Because, count for what? 

I mean I voted. But consensus is a stretch.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 9:52 PM, Soggust said:

Well certainly Rodgers 2 MVPs would show that. 

And certainly Tom’s SB win, MVP considerations and overall history would show that. 

So if you want to make the argument that if we ignore Mahomes SB win and 5000 yard 50 TD season and ONLY look at Allen’s best two years which are comparable to Mahomes worst two years, sure. I’ll agree.

But the fact that Mahomes has bounced Allen two straight years in a row from the playoffs and has made a SB in the last two makes it hard for me to even give him that.

He might get there one day, but he’s not there yet. 

No I'm just looking at the last 30-40 games played. I'm not cherry picking stats or years, its not my fault Allen's best two years are the most current and Mahomes "worst" two years are the most current. I'm pretty sure the OP original thread in the comparison thread was asking which QB you'd want to have going into this 2022 season, so I think the most recent seasons are important. 

Agreed Mahomes resume and overall career is better than Allens. I'm just saying there's no gap and if there was, it's minimal with Allen being on the same tier as elite.

I'm not arguing Allen is better than any of the 3 but he's definitely on the elite tier heading into the 2022 season.

6 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

No I'm just looking at the last 30-40 games played. I'm not cherry picking stats or years, its not my fault Allen's best two years are the most current and Mahomes "worst" two years are the most current. I'm pretty sure the OP original thread in the comparison thread was asking which QB you'd want to have going into this 2022 season, so I think the most recent seasons are important. 

Agreed Mahomes resume and overall career is better than Allens. I'm just saying there's no gap and if there was, it's minimal with Allen being on the same tier as elite.

I'm not arguing Allen is better than any of the 3 but he's definitely on the elite tier heading into the 2022 season.

I actually don't really disagree with much of this, but I would ask -> If a guy doesn't really have an argument for being 'better' but rather just being on par, is he really in the same tier? I'm not asking rhetorically - I'm asking genuinely as I actually think I can see your side here.

In my personal opinion, tiers are debatable orders. I think you can reasonably debate any combo of Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady at 1. But if you can't legitimately argue #4 over #3, there is a break in my mind. Perhaps that's not how most look at it. 

Because if you are looking at it like "Mahomes has been a 4500 and 40 kinda guy recently and so has Allen", I guess I can see what you mean. Although, then I'm inclined to include Herbert in that tier as well, right? I just don't feel like Herbert and Rodgers or Allen and Brady (or whatever combo) are interchangeable, at this point.

They are as close as you can get while still being a notch below, imo. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ryan better than his MVP year…? Sigh. Clearly dealing with some random Falcon homer, a huge homer in that. You’re a Falcon fan I’m assuming? 

Some outside perspectives, NFL.com ranked Matt Ryan’s season 15th while PFF ranked it 22nd. 

Also, I hear lotssss of excuses. You do realize you can come up with massive excuses for all 32 starting QB’s every season right? I see it for basically every QB, every season. Hell, I’ve had to deal with excuses for Carr every season. Nothing is ever “his fault”. Same with certain 49er fans and Jimmy G. 

Clearly you didn’t watch a single game. Your opinion is rendered useless 

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

I actually don't really disagree with much of this, but I would ask -> If a guy doesn't really have an argument for being 'better' but rather just being on par, is he really in the same tier? I'm not asking rhetorically - I'm asking genuinely as I actually think I can see your side here.

In my personal opinion, tiers are debatable orders. I think you can reasonably debate any combo of Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady at 1. But if you can't legitimately argue #4 over #3, there is a break in my mind. Perhaps that's not how most look at it. 

Because if you are looking at it like "Mahomes has been a 4500 and 40 kinda guy recently and so has Allen", I guess I can see what you mean. Although, then I'm inclined to include Herbert in that tier as well, right? I just don't feel like Herbert and Rodgers or Allen and Brady (or whatever combo) are interchangeable, at this point.

They are as close as you can get while still being a notch below, imo. 

I think I could make an argument Allen had a better two year stretch than Mahomes, and I can also easily make an argument Allen had a better 2020 regular season than Brady but I see what you mean. 

• Last 33 regular season games (2 seasons) :
    • Total Touchdowns:
      • 1 - Rodgers - 91 TDs
      • T-2 - Allen - 88 TDs
      • T-2 - Brady - 88 TDs
      • 4 - Mahomes 79 TDs 
    • Total Yards
      • 1 - Mahomes - 10,268 yards
      • 2 - Allen - 10,135 yards
      • 3 - Brady - 10,036 yards
      • 4 - Rodgers - 8,664 yards

It's really hard to judge, but imo all are in the elite tier and it wouldn't shock me if one of them won MVP this upcoming season. Allen/Mahomes currently have the best odds. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:39 AM, Malfatron said:

Is Jimmy really better than Baker?

There's really nothing to support Baker is better, though he may be more talented and I would understand if someone wanted to take him over Jimmy if they had to choose one. 

Highest ranked QB for the Giants is 33, highest ranked for the Falcons is 34, while the Panthers and Seahawks do not have a Top 36 QB. Interesting what these teams will do in the draft. I could see Carolina trading back a bit and drafting one in the 1st. I also could see Seattle trading for Mayfield on Day 2 of the draft for a 3rd Round pick. As for the Giants.. wouldn’t be surprised if they shock everyone and go Willis at 5. He’s the skillset Daboll loves. But also wouldn’t be shocked if they give Jones one year to make a giant leap. As for the Falcons, likely give Mariota a full two years starting while drafting a QB in the 1st Round of 2023. 

Edited by BayRaider

Highest Ranked QB by team:

AFC North:

Bengals - #6

Browns - #8

Ravens - #11

Steelers - #32

AFC South:

Titans - #15

Colts - #16

Jaguars - #23

Texans - #30

AFC East:

Bills - #4

Patriots - #18

Dolphins - #24

Jets - #29

AFC West:

Chiefs - #1

Chargers - #5

Broncos - #7

Raiders - #14

NFC North:

Packers - #2

Vikings - #13

Lions - #21

Bears - #26

NFC South:

Buccaneers - #3

Saints - #20

Falcons - #34

Panthers - N/A

NFC East:

Cowboys - #10

Commanders - #22

Eagles - #25

Giants - #33

NFC West:

Rams - #9

Cardinals - #12

49ers - #28

Seahawks - N/A

QB's not to find a new home yet: #17 Jimmy G, #19 Baker Mayfield

The QB play in the AFC is crazy....

Also, for the younger guys who haven't completed three seasons, rankings don't mean much. We know who Baker, Daniel Jones, etc are by now. But for guys like Lance, Lawrence, Wilson, Tua, etc, any of them can break out at any time and have a Top 10 QB season this year. I think Lance is a big time sleeper this year, at least in fantasy at a bare minimum. And Tua has weapons and protection for days now w/ Mike McDaniel coaching, so we'll see how he does. 

Edited by BayRaider

I don't get why Mahomes is number 1 when Rodgers won MVP the last two seasons in a row and you could also say Brady was better than him last year and about as productive as him the year before. Feels like he's still getting credit for his 2018 season and being the new young guy to get in the elite conversation. As of right now I see no argument for him over Rodgers.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, The BILLievers said:

I think I could make an argument Allen had a better two year stretch than Mahomes, and I can also easily make an argument Allen had a better 2020 regular season than Brady but I see what you mean. 

• Last 33 regular season games (2 seasons) :
    • Total Touchdowns:
      • 1 - Rodgers - 91 TDs
      • T-2 - Allen - 88 TDs
      • T-2 - Brady - 88 TDs
      • 4 - Mahomes 79 TDs 
    • Total Yards
      • 1 - Mahomes - 10,268 yards
      • 2 - Allen - 10,135 yards
      • 3 - Brady - 10,036 yards
      • 4 - Rodgers - 8,664 yards

It's really hard to judge, but imo all are in the elite tier and it wouldn't shock me if one of them won MVP this upcoming season. Allen/Mahomes currently have the best odds. 

Herbert 32 games 

77 total tds

9886 total yds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

I don't get why Mahomes is number 1 when Rodgers won MVP the last two seasons in a row and you could also say Brady was better than him last year and about as productive as him the year before. Feels like he's still getting credit for his 2018 season and being the new young guy to get in the elite conversation. As of right now I see no argument for him over Rodgers.

I voted Rodgers #1.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, Soggust said:

Every day of the week, especially on Sunday IMO.

Better comp %, more YPG, better QB rating, better ANY/A, better W/L

Only thing Baker is better at is staying healthy on the field.

You could have kept going category after category. 8.4 career YPA and he's listed as average. Subjective types are absolutely priceless. After all, tape has such a phenomenal track record. 

On 3/31/2022 at 7:25 PM, FinSting said:

Baker Mayfield is a Top 20 QB?

Aha, tomorrow is April Fools. It makes sense now. 

Ok Mayfield beat 7 teams in the Nfc in the past 2 years

Tua

Whoever Seattle trots out

Whoever Houston tries outs

Whoever Pittsburgh trots out

Plus 4 rookie qbs.

How about Burrows who has lost all 3 head to games.

Teddy Bridgewater 

There is 16.