A Look at the NFL's Home Field Advantages

RandyMossIsBoss

On 11/9/2017 at 7:55 AM, bzane said:

My team,  the NEW YORK GIANTS!!!!!!, have added a new category to this phenomenon: the Inverse Home Field Advantage. As bad as they are on the road (1-3), they're actually worse (0-4) at home. Visiting teams, mark your calendars for upcoming dates at the Meadowlands!

Image result for Eli Apple gives up on Robert Woods touchdown

Lol oh stop whining :(

The Giants will be winners again, as they always do at some point.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, Malik said:

Baseball is really the only sport where homefield matters because the dimensions in each stadium can vary wildly. I appreciate the effort you put into calculating this.

i'd argue it's much more important in cricket because not only do field dimensions vary wildly but the conditions of the pitch vary wildly as well which has very big implications on team make up and strategy

but by all means continue living in your imperial system electoral college fahrenheit world

32 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i'd argue it's much more important in cricket because not only do field dimensions vary wildly but the conditions of the pitch vary wildly as well which has very big implications on team make up and strategy

but by all means continue living in your imperial system electoral college fahrenheit world

I don't live in India man why would I know about cricket

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He lives in Aus, yet knows NFL ;)

and he's right, home weather conditions literally changes the sport. But anyway, back to Footbawwwl. 

Well does Australia show NFL games on TV?  Just wondering because I have never seen cricket on TV in the US.

I like all sports and would certainly watch cricket.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjvqihcNb--nbY5yIoMB4NrsaJY

(let me know if link doesn't work)

A look at how every team has fared in their current stadium. Newer stadiums were not included as the sample size is too small. A couple of observations I had

• The Cowboys are currently the only team without a home field advantage. They actually lose 5% more at home. They also are the only team that either scores less, or allows more points, at home, allowing 6% more points at home. 
  • The Lions win an NFL best 78% more at home than on the road (45% win rate at home, just 25% on the road).
  • The Seahawks have the biggest gap between home winning% and road winning%, 73% at home vs 42% on the road.
  • There doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between region or whether the stadium is a dome or not.

Basically the Lions have the best home field because they are so bad on the road

On 13/11/2017 at 4:13 AM, Jlowe22 said:

Well does Australia show NFL games on TV?  Just wondering because I have never seen cricket on TV in the US.

I like all sports and would certainly watch cricket.

yeah it does, we get a sunday 1pm game, then we get america's game of the week at 4pm and then we get sunday night football on 7mate

we also get the season kickoff game, all playoffs, etc... the games that are your sunday games start at 3-5am here (depending on who's got on their daylight savings hat) and finish at around 2-4

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

yeah it does, we get a sunday 1pm game, then we get america's game of the week at 4pm and then we get sunday night football on 7mate

we also get the season kickoff game, all playoffs, etc... the games that are your sunday games start at 3-5am here (depending on who's got on their daylight savings hat) and finish at around 2-4

Meanwhile, there is no cricket on TV in the US.  Or if it is, it is well hidden.

55 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Meanwhile, there is no cricket on TV in the US.  Or if it is, it is well hidden.

In NY with the right cable packages you might be able to catch a couple cricket games if you have the Indian channels.

Archived