Packfanfb's "3-Weeks Out" Mock

packfanfb

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you're overdoing it at WR, but we've already had that conversation a bunch of times.

Seems like your defensive guys are projects which doesn't necessarily fit our timeline.

He took 2 WRs?? We have 1 under contract for '23, which has always been a big driving point for where we spend our picks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you're overdoing it at WR, but we've already had that conversation a bunch of times.

Seems like your defensive guys are projects which doesn't necessarily fit our timeline.

I actually scaled it back on WR lol. I could see the Packers going 1 and 3 there instead of 1 and 2, but I think if Pierce is there at 59, GB would take him even if they go WR in round 1 as well. Maybe people see it differently, but I'm fairly confident GB is walking away with 2 WRs in the first 5 picks, probably 2 in the first 4. I think the combination of "when" those picks happen is surely up for debate (i.e. 1-2, 2-2, 1-3, 2-3). 

You think Jones, Brisker and Paschal are projects? Obviously guys on day 3 probably fit that bill as would just about any draft pick, but I think the top 3 are plug and play, especially Jones and Paschal. Jones strikes me as the kind of guy I think you would absolutely love. Frankly, there's a lot of Kenny Clark in him. I also really like Mathis (he'd be my 2nd round option at DT), but I think Jones is a gem. 

Brisker and Jones aren't projects. They are two VERY talented defensive players.   Those two could easily end up the best DT and S in this class.  Brisker is 23 yrs old, if he was 1-2 yrs younger he'd be near the top of my wishlist.  Later round defensive players are projects....which is generally what a later round player would be.   Think Ruckert goes earlier but with the Lisfranc it's possible he slides late in the 4th.   Would be a great pickup at that point.    Would also like earlier OL options but with the players taken through that point in the draft I wouldn't argue

37 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Brisker and Jones aren't projects. They are two VERY talented defensive players.   Those two could easily end up the best DT and S in this class.  Brisker is 23 yrs old, if he was 1-2 yrs younger he'd be near the top of my wishlist.  Later round defensive players are projects....which is generally what a later round player would be.   Think Ruckert goes earlier but with the Lisfranc it's possible he slides late in the 4th.   Would be a great pickup at that point.    Would also like earlier OL options but with the players taken through that point in the draft I wouldn't argue

Disagree, I think Jones is absolutely a project. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree, I think Jones is absolutely a project. 

Every DT that doesn't go top 20 is a project when it comes to pass rushing in the pros. 

When it comes to run D, no idea what you see that would tell you Jones is a project there, he's about as pro ready as they come.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Every DT that doesn't go top 20 is a project when it comes to pass rushing in the pros. 

When it comes to run D, no idea what you see that would tell you Jones is a project there, he's about as pro ready as they come.

Great, If I need a fatty, I'll call Lancaster. 

The pass rushing aspect of his game being a project is what I'm talking about. 

Also disagree that the run D is guaranteed to be fully NFL ready, competition problems will always open the door to those questions. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Great, If I need a fatty, I'll call Lancaster. 

The pass rushing aspect of his game being a project is what I'm talking about. 

Also disagree that the run D is guaranteed to be fully NFL ready, competition problems will always open the door to those questions. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/travis-jones

That's not a fatty. He'd be freak #1 if it weren't for Davis.

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's mediocre in the 10 split and the Vertical. Those are the athletic measurements that matter at DT. 

You're splitting hairs, seemingly intentionally at this point. Do you consider Kenny Clark a "fatty"? Just trying to get some bearings here. Clark's 10-yard split was in the 73rd percentile and was a whopping 1.72 compared to Jones at 1.76. You can't even see .04 seconds with the naked eye. There's literally no difference there. Verticals: Clark = 28.5, Jones = 29. 

As I stated in the mock, Jones isn't Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, but good luck finding that guy in this class. He's not there. Jones has Kenny Clark qualities, just with better length and an extra 10 lbs coming out of college. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You're splitting hairs, seemingly intentionally at this point. Do you consider Kenny Clark a "fatty"? Just trying to get some bearings here. Clark's 10-yard split was in the 73rd percentile and was a whopping 1.72 compared to Jones at 1.76. You can't even see .04 seconds with the naked eye. There's literally no difference there. Verticals: Clark = 28.5, Jones = 29. 

As I stated in the mock, Jones isn't Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, but good luck finding that guy in this class. He's not there. Jones has Kenny Clark qualities, just with better length and an extra 10 lbs coming out of college. 

1. DL 10 splits range from like 1.6 to 1.8. .04 is a fairly substantial difference. You can say that those times don't matter, but they've consistently proven to be one of the better athletic measurements. 

2. Kenny Clark is a shockingly good player for his athletic measurements. Kenny Clark was also a child when he ran compared to Jones who is a 4 year junior.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. DL 10 splits range from like 1.6 to 1.8. .04 is a fairly substantial difference. You can say that those times don't matter, but they've consistently proven to be one of the better athletic measurements. 

2. Kenny Clark is a shockingly good player for his athletic measurements. Kenny Clark was also a child when he ran compared to Jones who is a 4 year junior.

Don't know much about splits/timings or measurements on positions.  I'm sure those are items to look at when comparing prospects they are considering.  That being said, Kenny Clark's status as a great player who didn't fit the great player category shows it can be done.  Not arguing those stats can't be looked at and considered but they certainly aren't the "last word" whether they should take a player just based on them.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He took 2 WRs?? We have 1 under contract for '23, which has always been a big driving point for where we spend our picks.

I would assume he meant in terms of draft capital.  And if that's the case, I probably agree.  If the Packers take a WR on Day 1, I don't think they're taking another one until Day 3.

• Like 1

I like this draft. I'm a fan of Jones, Pierce, Paschal. Fortner is a solid pick. Ruckert would be a solid get in round 4. I pretty much always draft Charlie Kolar in round 4 or 5 in my mocks. I haven't evaluated safeties much yet, but if Brisker is like Dax Hill, he'd fit what we need.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, you're not wrong but that 1.76 hits different on a guy who puts up a 7.33 3-cone and 4.58 shuttle.  His 10 yard and vert are red flags, but they're more "check and see" rather than "do not draft early".  I fully agree he looks like more of a project though; I think he has more upside than people give him credit for, but he's going to need some work.  His feet are quick but he fights himself when he moves like a lot of big guys do; his eyes and brain see it before his body feels it, so there's always some level of delayed response going on because he's just too big to move reactively.  What separates a guy like Clark is that he moves his weight like a good wrestler; it's all working for him, all the time, because his body and brain react at the same time in the same way.  I think Jones is not that guy, but there's enough tools there that I think he could be a real player with time and I'd be down to take a look if the Packers didn't already have a better version of that guy in Slaton.  Slaton isn't quite as toolsy as Jones, but he feels it faster and that plays well inside.  No reason to take yet another of that body type with Clark under contract and Slaton in the development box.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume he meant in terms of draft capital.  And if that's the case, I probably agree.  If the Packers take a WR on Day 1, I don't think they're taking another one until Day 3.

Yah in a normal year I'd agree.  Not this year.  Think this scenario is quite possible if the board falls our way.  Pierce probably won't be there at #59 nor will Watson.  Like those guys just fine but are they worth it?  Probably not.  They'll get over drafted.  Regardless think it is  possible we burn 2 of the top 4 picks on the position if the value is there.  Really thinking they will take 3 WR's at some point in the draft.  One possession type guy and a pair of speedsters.  We'll also take a TE in Round 2-3.  Could see Gutey going strictly BPA at #22 (Edge, DL, OL or S) and trade out of #28.  Seems like early 2nd round might be the sweet spot to grab a pair of WR's.  Burks may slip a bit.  Burks and Pickens would be a nice combo.  Trade down out of 1 then trade up from #53.  Get it fixed.  3rd WR in rounds 5-7.  ST type with plenty of speed to burn. 

• Like 1