Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

All of our receivers have about the same catch percentage this year (under 50% per target) so I don't know if the one game sample is a real indicator or not.

Probably not, but I think the point remains that Kizer may very well look more like a viable qb if has more to work with than Britt, Louis, Coates and Treggs.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

All of our receivers have about the same catch percentage this year (under 50% per target) so I don't know if the one game sample is a real indicator or not.

True. The next game he was about the same to everybody. More so I'm just saying it's an illustration of how I just don't know how to evaluate the guy while accurately factoring in his putrid supporting cast of skill guys.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So, I think the JAX game was an illustration of why I struggle to evaluate Kizer one way or the other right now.

Throwing to our only truly "good" targets (Johnson and Coleman), Kizer was 10-17 for 136 and a TD. A little less accurate than you'd like, but Coleman is a "deep shots" type of receiver, so you don't expect 60% on targets to him most of the time.

Throwing to everyone else he was 6-15 for 43 and two INTs.

I just don't know what this kid would look like with real targets. Hopefully Gordon is 80% of his old self and we get a hint these last few weeks.

If Gordon is 80% of himself, and Coleman stays healthy, we should definitely see a little more of what Kizer can do over the rest of the season - still probably won't be enough to not go QB #1 overall, though. No guarantee either of them will work out, and if even one does, we got what we have been looking for forever. If not, we keep trying. If both work out, we have the best possible "problem" and move one of them for draft picks.

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

If Gordon is 80% of himself, and Coleman stays healthy, we should definitely see a little more of what Kizer can do over the rest of the season - still probably won't be enough to not go QB #1 overall, though. No guarantee either of them will work out, and if even one does, we got what we have been looking for forever. If not, we keep trying. If both work out, we have the best possible "problem" and move one of them for draft picks.

Agreed, there is no way I'm passing on a qb if we have the ability to grab one of the top 2 guys.

I'll worry about what to do with our glut of great, young QB's when we cross that bridge.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, there is no way I'm passing on a qb if we have the ability to grab one of the top 2 guys.

I'll worry about what to do with our glut of great, young QB's when we cross that bridge.

Yep. Agreed. Unless Kirk Cousins decides he loves lake effect snow and 20 years of ineptitude I think I'll be all in on plan "take the damn QB" even if I'm hopeful of Kizer developing into a starting caliber QB.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep - remember when the Chargers had Brees and Rivers? That would be a great bridge to have to cross.

When it came to starting Kizer at the beginning of the season, we knew two things were going to happen.  He was either going to show us enough that he is the Browns QBOTF or he was going to play badly enough that we would have a high enough pick to choose a new QB very high.  Well, regardles of how well Kizer plays the last four games of the season, we all "should" know that there is no way we can truly pass on the top QB in the upcoming draft.  If the Browns end up with the top pick, they need to stop being cute and just pick a QB.  They can't afford to pass on another one at the top of the draft.

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

When it came to starting Kizer at the beginning of the season, we knew two things were going to happen.  He was either going to show us enough that he is the Browns QBOTF or he was going to play badly enough that we would have a high enough pick to choose a new QB very high.  Well, regardles of how well Kizer plays the last four games of the season, we all "should" know that there is no way we can truly pass on the top QB in the upcoming draft.  If the Browns end up with the top pick, they need to stop being cute and just pick a QB.  They can't afford to pass on another one at the top of the draft.

Peace!!!

At this point really the only choice is which qb do they take.

I can't imagine a scenario in which they pass on a qb unless both Darnold and Rosen decide to return for another year.  

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At this point really the only choice is which qb do they take.

I can't imagine a scenario in which they pass on a qb unless both Darnold and Rosen decide to return for another year.  

They better not pass or I will be one angry hombre. You don’t want to see me when I’m an angry hombre. 

On 12/1/2017 at 1:48 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Probably not, but I think the point remains that Kizer may very well look more like a viable qb if has more to work with than Britt, Louis, Coates and Treggs.

Well, he had Gordon and Coleman today = 46.9% completion rate. How much evidence do you need before believing what you see and not day dreaming???

I'm sorry, just so angry at the Browns today that I just took it out on you!

Archived