Which uniforms are the nicest and the ugliest?

Championshiporbust

Unpopular opinion but I always found the Chargers Powder Blue to be overrated. 

I like the Rams Blue top and yellow bottoms combo.
The Niners all white are good too.
Giants Blue top, white pants combo

For my own team (Titans), I love the all white "Storm trooper" look. 

• Like 1

Only considering current default uniforms:

usa-today-8307307.0.jpg#1 Steelers - Yellow on black is the largest contrast possible, and yet it's also appealing. Their italic numbers work for me and I like the classic shoulder stripes. Their one logo per helmet is iconic and their three rivers logo is the best logo in all of sports imo.

rawImage.jpg#2 49ers - Burgundy and gold together. It's so regal. Yet the 80's association with them (though they're quite a bit different now) and the styling make them very strong as well.

----

GettyImages-1358874783.jpg?w=620#31 Rams (aways) - What were they thinking? The pants are bone white and on the legs they have white stripes washing out the highlighter stripe. Then they have the rubber numbers that are akin to the plastic look of kids' backpacks. And then you have, on top of the dirty rags and backpack numbers, a Christmas ornament for a helmet. It's so bad and in such obvious ways. Yet I won't rank them last because their home uniforms are really good. The default homes in particular makes everything work.

hi-res-ef1863398937b775d0b66d059a59368f_crop_north.jpg?1559767334&w=3072&h=2048#32 Panthers - Reeks of 90's trends. Nearly everything is whack. From the curved helmet stripes to the outdated UCLA-type shoulder stripes to the outdated pants stripe, to the black/blue/silver that just screams 90's (though this one may just be me). 

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 1

BEST:

• Raiders hands-down is just so clean and classic. 
  • Chargers are nice and clearly the best 'modern' look and fits so well with the SoCal vibe. 
  • The Niners are easily in the top as well but didn't want to go with the homer vote, and the Steelers and Saints unis are also good. The Bills are a couple of minor changes away from being one of the best in the biz but are just a bit too busy (and the logo is horrible). Packers should be really ugly but somehow makes it work, same with Chiefs

WORST: 

• Rams - Agree with the poster above about those awful white jerseys. Although the home unis are darned ugly as well with those two-tone numbers and the weird logo that solidifies the look as the Discount Chargers. Plus the stupid helmets - Choo choo, look at me I'm a grown-up man pretending to be a goat.. 
  • Seahawks uniforms are also awful and seems to be targeted specifically for children with those 'cool' neon green and fake carbon colors. The all-greens are obviously the worst but all of them are awful. 
  • Then there's the Jets, Panthers, Falcons, Titans and Broncos that are all hideous as well.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evilflamingo said:

BEST:

• Packers should be really ugly but somehow makes it work, 

Green Bay's color combo is meh, and overall the uni design is flat....but it's iconic and old-school enough that even though on a pure aesthetic level it isn't that great, it brings enough positive baggage with it that it convinces a lot of people that it IS a great uniform. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Best: Bucs creamsicle (returning in 2022!) 

Love the Bucs creamsicle; the only reason people think it was terrible is because the teams wearing it were usually pretty awful. Color-wise I'd say the orange is no worse, probably better, than the old Oilers blue, Miami aqua, or Jacksonville teal. One could probably throw the Vikings' purple and GB's forest green in there as well. 

When the Bucs were talking about new unis someone mocked up current logo in the creamsicle orange, it looked great. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Green Bay's color combo is meh, and overall the uni design is flat....but it's iconic and old-school enough that even though on a pure aesthetic level it isn't that great, it brings enough positive baggage with it that it convinces a lot of people that it IS a great uniform. 

Agree with the heritage thing but I'd argue that the design is very good, with clean and crisp lines and numbers/lettering that add just the right amount of detail.

Flat designs for me are Giants and Colts, or even worse, the cesspool of horrible color rush unis like the Browns, which are just too plain (Colts almost makes it work for me) and at the same time lacks the pop of the color-combinations that makes the Raiders and Niners so great.