Thor: Love and Thunder- July 8

Acgott

Loved Ragnarok, this one seemed to try a bit too hard to be the same. Overall it was ok but not great. The thing I'm left most interested in, or maybe wondering is a better word, is if his new daughter actually becomes a real part of things since he is already teaching her, or it goes the way of sitcom babies and she is never seen or heard from again.

One issue any standalone movie is going to have is to explain why they didn't just bring in the other Marvel heroes we've met. Most times we can just ignore it or assume they are doing something else, but this one ran headlong into the issue. Why would his first and only thought for an "army" be the other gods? He knows so many other superheroes he could have at least checked in with. I mean I get it from a production stand point, but they shouldn't set the story up to so obviously highlight it.

I actually liked the ending. It felt actually true Gorr's whole motivation. Although I admit to being a bit puzzled why Thor felt giving the speech was necessary. The sword was broken he could have killed him pretty easy at that point. But I was fully expecting an even lamer ending where Eternity is opened but they defeat Gorr before he gets there and Thor goes and wishes for Jane's health. So maybe I'm just happy they didn't go that route, IDK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think too many people went into this expected the Thor we got in Infinity War.  That was never going to happen with Taika as director.  I liked the ending, and it was primarily a comedy as I expected.

A well written one? L&T Thor is a complete idiot.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think too many people went into this expected the Thor we got in Infinity War.  That was never going to happen with Taika as director.  I liked the ending, and it was primarily a comedy as I expected.

My bashing of the movie took into account who Taika is and what his intentions would be 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

Loved Ragnarok, this one seemed to try a bit too hard to be the same. Overall it was ok but not great. The thing I'm left most interested in, or maybe wondering is a better word, is if his new daughter actually becomes a real part of things since he is already teaching her, or it goes the way of sitcom babies and she is never seen or heard from again.

I think she is going to be loosely based on this comic character:

Singularity In Comics Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel

Her comic origin is currently unknown and Gorr's daughters are unnamed in the comics so there is plenty of room to fit this in. Her name is Singularity.