Thor: Love and Thunder- July 8

Acgott

I like this one, I think it looks like a good continuation of Thor's journey. Obviously very very very much a teaser at this point. I want to see more than a few big shots and Jane Foster to determine what I'll think of this, but I suspect I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

Super teasery 

Olympus / Zeus seemed pretty garish, which makes sense if Gorr is gonna roll through at some point. Surprised we didn’t get a shot of him at all. Guess that will be the big end moment of the official full trailer.

Ridiculous 80s training montage will be goofy fun.

Not sure how much this does for someone that’s not already in though. Not a lot of meat.

It looks pretty good based on this trailer.

I dont have high hopes for this, especially given how mediocre Marvel has been since Endgame, but this trailer gives me a little faith.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Hemsworth doesn't get enough credit for his comedic chops.  Looks like this will be a blast.

I agree.    Subtle, but extremely effective.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Hard to tell from the teaser, what is this movie going to be about?  

Thor being done (hopefully hasn’t reached the Downey stage where every movie is about that), but being drawn back into things when other Gods start getting butchered.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Do you guys think we’re getting Hercules in this? Or something later on that branches off this?

Him being one of the last surviving Olympians (after Gorr does his thing) would make sense

Definitely possible. I hope they keep it a secret though if they do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Meh. Ragnarok is beyond overrated and this looks just as random and silly.

Marvel tripling down on Thor somehow being a comedy is frustrating.  Waititi is a very talented director but he needs to be on a superhero film like Spider-Man where his comedic talents make sense.  Turning Thor into a comedy is like having Nancy Meyers direct Blade and turning it into a rom-com. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Him being one of the last surviving Olympians (after Gorr does his thing) would make sense

He's rumored to be She Hulk IIRC, so we could definitely see that set up here. 

The moment when Thor tries to look into Star Lord's eyes had me laughing out loud in my office. 

• Like 1