Thor: Love and Thunder- July 8

Acgott

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Marvel tripling down on Thor somehow being a comedy is frustrating.  Waititi is a very talented director but he needs to be on a superhero film like Spider-Man where his comedic talents make sense.  Turning Thor into a comedy is like having Nancy Meyers direct Blade and turning it into a rom-com. 

Hope the moments get to hit a little deeper. Last one and a lot of his other films have serious moments, just not all get the chance to really hit and sit in Ragnorak.

He’s had this tragic life and just kinda keeps going, was nice to see it finally catch up to him in IW & Endgame…that golden retriever energy finally cracking.

Big thing I’m curious about is how Gorr will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He's rumored to be She Hulk IIRC, so we could definitely see that set up here. 

Would be good timing with that probably in August or September 

Know a popular casting for that is Cavill with all those reports of him being in something himself. Guess it depends how big of a character they want Hercules to be.

Get the feeling that the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't going to have much screen time, and probably part ways with Thor in the first act. Looks like they leave him behind along with Korg. Thor looks like he's wearing Starlord's jacket now too all cut up. 

Portman as Thor looks sharp. 

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Get the feeling that the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't going to have much screen time, and probably part ways with Thor in the first act. Looks like they leave him behind along with Korg. Thor looks like he's wearing Starlord's jacket now too all cut up. 

Portman as Thor looks sharp. 

I got the same feeling about the Guardians, which is probably for the best for both.  Help get Thor back on his feet and get the Guardians set towards the path that leads into Guardians 3 in act one, the the last 80-90 minutes of the movie focuses on Thor's journey.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, Deadpulse said:

Am I the only one that can't really see Natalie behind that mask? I need more looks at her I guess

It's Disney/Marvel so she'll be taking off the helmet a million times just like all the masked heroes constantly did in Endgame and Boba Fett in his show lol.

• 1 month later...

Modern Family Idk GIF

At this point, I have the same reaction to all these Marvel trailers.   They are cookie cutter films and largely all feel the same.   Not to say it looks bad or anything, but its all kinda "been there, done that".

And Natalie Portman feels just as cringey in this as she did in the Star Wars prequels.   Her chemistry with Hemsworth is only slightly better than her chemistry with Hayden Christiansen.   And she looks pretty goofy in the outfit, even with her enhanced physique.

Looks okay....but JUST okay.   Curious to see Bale's performance.