2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, Howler said:

Don't have an issue with these picks, but Gute better have a contingency plan. He didn't have a contingency plan two years ago when all the WRs went off the board. 

Plus while I don't mind keeping the defense strong like it was last season, raddy offenses and lack of special teams stars will keep you from getting to the Superbowl.

We didn't necessarily have to go WR tonight, but I think Gute was a dumbass for passing up on Pickens.  Bad move on him and his work on the offensive side of the ball continues to be garbage.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what tendency?  the age thing.   you get 4-5 years of a player that should be able to come in and get high quality/quantity snaps right away.  Still can do a 2nd contract if needed.   maybe forgo the 5th year option and do the extension  and get 7-8 years

Of all the tendencies, the age thing is the one that I don't really understand all that much.  We only give 3rd contracts to star players anyway.  Get 8 years from a guy and that is plenty good.

• Like 1

Just now, LLcheesehead12 said:

Plus while I don't mind keeping the defense strong like it was last season, raddy offenses and lack of special teams stars will keep you from getting to the Superbowl.

We didn't necessarily have to go WR tonight, but I think Gute was a dumbass for passing up on Pickens.  Bad move on him and his work on the offensive side of the ball continues to be garbage.

We don't know the draft screening details about Pickens. I am more pissed about not going up for Jefferson two years ago. Identify the surefire talent and execute a trade. But Gute better have a plan with the secondary WRs. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Of all the tendencies, the age thing is the one that I don't really understand all that much.  We only give 3rd contracts to star players anyway.  Get 8 years from a guy and that is plenty good.

yup.   IDL typically take time to adjust.   younger ones probably more so.   Get someone that is more mature physically and that can give you snaps in higher volume early.  4 years and then do an extension for 3-4 more and get your value if the player is worth that