Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

For those who love to hate on Baker: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker-mayfield-by-the-numbers-browns-quarterback-on-pace-to-match-impressive-peyton-manning-dan-marino-marks/#:~:text=Mayfield is the first quarterback in Browns history,with 18 and Kosar is second with nine.

Sure, the Browns came unglued in '21, but the blame should not have been all on Baker. Especially when you take an honest look at what he did '18-'20.

Yes, I am biased FOR Baker, but some are/were biased against for some reason. 

45 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

For those who love to hate on Baker: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker-mayfield-by-the-numbers-browns-quarterback-on-pace-to-match-impressive-peyton-manning-dan-marino-marks/#:~:text=Mayfield is the first quarterback in Browns history,with 18 and Kosar is second with nine.

Sure, the Browns came unglued in '21, but the blame should not have been all on Baker. Especially when you take an honest look at what he did '18-'20.

Yes, I am biased FOR Baker, but some are/were biased against for some reason. 

I don't think anyone loves to hate on Baker. I think a lot of people don't believe he has shown that he's a very good NFL QB, which seems to be a pretty reasonable assessment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think anyone loves to hate on Baker. I think a lot of people don't believe he has shown that he's a very good NFL QB, which seems to be a pretty reasonable assessment. 

He had every chance to at least show promise in Carolina and obviously failed pretty spectacularly. He needs to ride the bench for a while and maybe one day can have a Geno-like resurgence...  who in his youth was also accused of an over inflated ego and bad attitude 

3 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I feel ok about feeling average on Baker.  

That's more or less where I was coming into this year. There was a few big long threads on the gen board, including one this year about where he ranked. Ultimately I Thought he was around the 20th best give or take a spot or two. 

But as @adamqsaid, he pretty much tanked whatever perceived ability he had this year. I think there's a high chance he's not a starting QB next year, which is quite something. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I really like his commercials and if he were successful he would get more commercials, so I want Baker to be successful.  Stafford’s commercials are not entertaining.  I feel that is a good enough reason to root for him to stick around in LA and unseat Stafford as the long term starter. 

^^^^Logical

• Like 3