Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

16 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think anyone loves to hate on Baker. I think a lot of people don't believe he has shown that he's a very good NFL QB, which seems to be a pretty reasonable assessment. 

Last night happened. No one has ever done anything similar with only 48 hours on the team. Showing promise, at least. Too bad it was for the Rams. 

43 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Last night happened. No one has ever done anything similar with only 48 hours on the team. Showing promise, at least. Too bad it was for the Rams. 

That was impressive last night, but it doesn't really scare me if Stafford does retire and Baker is the long term solution with the Rams. Baker has shown a propensity to turn the ball over when pressured, and every time we've played him we've forced him into those kind of mistakes. I think Bosa would love playing Baker twice a year personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Bad QBs can have nice games and moments. It means nothing on it's own. He has to stack those

37 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That was impressive last night, but it doesn't really scare me if Stafford does retire and Baker is the long term solution with the Rams. Baker has shown a propensity to turn the ball over when pressured, and every time we've played him we've forced him into those kind of mistakes. I think Bosa would love playing Baker twice a year personally. 

Hell, he threw an int that would have ended the game that was called back on a pretty weak dpi. 

Currently not afraid at all if the Rams rolled with Baker full time. Could change if he stacks games. 

He was also still a failure of a number one overall pick going back to the original post I made. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bad QBs can have nice games and moments. It means nothing on it's own. He has to stack those

But if you would look at his accomplishments in Cleveland, you might actually see that 'bad QB' really isn't what he is. Best in Cleveland since Kosar with 10,000 yards of passing in his 1st 3 years. Only one in how long to take them to playoff contention? I'm not saying he's a stellar QB. But your 'bad QB' narrative smacks of something like bias....don't know what he did to you and yours, but you refuse to see his qualities. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

But if you would look at his accomplishments in Cleveland, you might actually see that 'bad QB' really isn't what he is. Best in Cleveland since Kosar with 10,000 yards of passing in his 1st 3 years. Only one in how long to take them to playoff contention? I'm not saying he's a stellar QB. But your 'bad QB' narrative smacks of something like bias....don't know what he did to you and yours, but you refuse to see his qualities. 

No, he just wasn't very good in Cleveland. He was mostly an average to below average QB. I'm not taking him in the upper half of starting QBs. 

14th, 25th, 17th, 23rd in QB dvoa those 4 years. 

25th out of 33 qualified QBs (1000 drop backs) in EPA/CPOE composite from 2018 - 2021.  27th in success rate. 24th in straight EPA per dropback 

One of the highest int rates in the league over the past 4 years. 25th, 31st, 8th, 28th. That third year was buoyed by a likely unsustainable stretch where he threw 1 int in 8 games which he has never come close to duplicating. 

ANY/A - 14th, 27th,  12th, 26th. 

If QBR is your thing? 24th, 19th, 10th, 27th. 

YPA? 11th, 16th, 18th, 17th. 

This year he was comparable to PJ Walker in a slightly better situation (Walker didn't get to play with CMC) and was just flat out benched. The team that took him #1 overall spent multiple first and gave a 250 million dollar fully guaranteed contract to a sexual predator to get him out of the building. The Rams were the only team to put in a claim on him when all he would be owed was like 1.2 million .

Sorry man, he just hasn't been very good. I get that you like him and whatnot, but he has been what he has been so far. Nothing I'm saying is inaccurate. And this is before we even get into the other stuff given that I can't really verify the rumors spouted about him. It's not that I think he's a bad QB...LIS, I had him ranked about 20th heading into the season in terms of starting QBs. I just never bought into the hype. 

You bring up the Browns / Kosar thing like it says good things about him when in fact it really could just speak to the quality of Clevaland QBs over the past couple of decades. Let me remind you: 

Browns infamous QB jersey adds another name

Mitch Trubisky is 5th all time in Bears passing yardage history and 5th all time in bears TD passes. Mark Sanchez is sixth for the Jets. 

It's never too late for him to turn it around. Alex did, and he had a much worse start in a much worse situation than Baker. The latter could do the same. But you just expecting people to flip that switch is unreasonable. He has shown what he has shown. 

I like Goff more as a QB than I do Mayfield, but I could see Mayfield have a very Goffian performance with McVay, and that's certainly not a bad thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

No, he just wasn't very good in Cleveland. He was mostly an average to below average QB. I'm not taking him in the upper half of starting QBs. 

I'll take it. Thank you.

And I am fully aware of the QB history of the Browns. Just saying that he did what none of those could. Kicking him to the curb for a sexual predator (as you said and I agree!) will come back to haunt the horrible Browns' ownership. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

😲

Pathetic. I’m thinking they need to make personal fouls reviewable. Adds time to the game and I know there’s some interpretation involved, but they are such huge game changing calls and some of them are ridiculous. Or start fining officials for screwing them up. 

• Like 1

Eagles, Vikings, 49ers, NFCS Winner, Cowboys are most likely getting the top 5 seeds. Who gets the last 2 playoff spots in the NFC? There are 4 teams realistically competing

Commanders (7-5-1) - Giants, 49ers, Browns, Cowboys 

Giants (7-5-1)  - Commanders, Vikings, Colts, Eagles

Seahawks (7-6) - 49ers, Chiefs, Jets, Rams 

Lions (6-7) - Jets, Panthers, Bears, Packers

I see a lot of tossup games. So hard for me to predict