Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/30/aaron-donald-ruled-out-for-sunday-will-miss-game-due-to-injury-for-first-time-in-his-career/

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald will do something he’s never done before on Sunday: Miss a game because of an injury.

Rams coach Sean McVay confirmed today that Donald won’t play Sunday against the Seahawks because he has an ankle injury.

Rams are probably tanking. Their first is gone, but they could get higher picks in the other rounds

Anyways, makes sense for the Rams to rest their key players. Season is lost. Too bad, they're probably 2 free wins for the Seahawks smh

Their core players (Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Wagner, Ramsey) are aging though. The youngest is Ramsey and he'll be 29 next season. As long as they keep McVay & Snead, the team should be competitive, but it has to suck losing a valuable year for your core players. We should know, we experienced this ourselves in 2020

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/30/aaron-donald-ruled-out-for-sunday-will-miss-game-due-to-injury-for-first-time-in-his-career/

Rams are probably tanking. Their first is gone, but they could get higher picks in the other rounds

Anyways, makes sense for the Rams to rest their key players. Season is lost. Too bad, they're probably 2 free wins for the Seahawks smh

Their core players (Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Wagner, Ramsey) are aging though. The youngest is Ramsey and he'll be 29 next season. As long as they keep McVay & Snead, the team should be competitive, but it has to suck losing a valuable year for your core players. We should know, we experienced this ourselves in 2020

Yeah, most of the Rams core is older, ours aren't exactly young, but we have guys like Bosa, Greenlaw, Jennings, & Banks at 25, Deebo, CMC, Warner, & Mooney at 26, Trent is 34, Armstead & Kittle 29, Jimmy, Juice at 31, Aiyuk is 24, & Hufanga is 22, I listed mainly the core guys, or starters, guys who are key to the team, plus guys that are all signed for 2023(except Jauan, he's a ERFA).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Thank god John Lynch didn't make a deal to trade or sign him, Brown is a lost cause, similar to Josh Gordon IMO.

I get what you’re saying, but there is a distinct difference between Brown and Gordon. Josh loves pot, AB may be a legit danger to society at this point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GW21 said:

No matter what happens with Trey, I’m glad we didn’t take Mac n’ Cheese. 

If we stayed at 11, I would have been perfectly fine with Mac. I preferred Justin Fields if we were trading up at the time - he’s had more issues with accuracy than I expected coming out, but his legs have surpassed every reasonable expectation. I’d like to see Trey have some time to learn and work through kinks. But this isn’t a team for that right now - the injury was killer in terms of timing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Might want to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why your OC thinks the quick game is the only game in town. That's pure comedy lol. 

Put a guy like Herbert on the Pats and they're one of the better teams in the AFC. Put Mac on the Chargers and they barely sniff 6 wins. He should be thanking the football gods he landed in NE. He's added at least three years to his playing career because of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Might want to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why your OC thinks the quick game is the only game in town. That's pure comedy lol. 

Put a guy like Herbert on the Pats and they're one of the better teams in the AFC. Put Mac on the Chargers and they barely sniff 6 wins. He should be thanking the football gods he landed in NE. He's added at least three years to his playing career because of it.

Honestly I think he says the run game sucks and they got it wrong.

I think Mac is better than what he's sitting this year. This thing with he and Patricia isn't working well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I think Mac is better than what he's sitting this year. This thing with he and Patricia isn't working well

Who would have thought hiring Patricia as a OC wouldn't work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

"The efffing running game sucks" for sure 

8 hours ago, JIllg said:

If we stayed at 11, I would have been perfectly fine with Mac. I preferred Justin Fields if we were trading up at the time - he’s had more issues with accuracy than I expected coming out, but his legs have surpassed every reasonable expectation. I’d like to see Trey have some time to learn and work through kinks. But this isn’t a team for that right now - the injury was killer in terms of timing. 

Fields at 3, Mac at 11. I agree completely. I dont think there would be much of a drop off between Mac and Jimmy so the diff in salary makes it an easy choice. 

The FO should let this forum make the first round picks, really