2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

Just now, bcb1213 said:

i'll take the Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson first round for now.  But definitely has the potential to top it

Yes they were two great picks but thats all we got in that draft. but that 1977 draft gave us thee all pro players in Marvin Powell, Wesley Walker and Joe Klecko, and Dan Alexander who was a Solid guard for ten years.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yes they were two great picks but thats all we got in that draft. but that 1977 draft gave us thee all pro players in Marvin Powell, Wesley Walker and Joe Klecko, and Dan Alexander who was a Solid guard for ten years.

Leon Washington and Brad Smith were arond for a decade in the NFL and were solid mid round guys 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think we still drafted for need though with Wilson. In terms of how Douglas set up his board I’m sure need was factored in but didn’t trump Elite talents especially at positions without clear front runners.

It helps to have as much flexibility as we did early on. 

It depends on the definition of "need".  Would we have been OK with Davis, Moore and Berrios?  We could certainly do worse than that.  Was Wilson a big "need"?  IMHO, not really.  I believe the WR position group had the biggest need for upgrade, but it was not like we had to desperately have a starter there like in previous years.  Outside of FS, we don't have that glaring hole and even that may be debatable.

So my point that we are set up to take BPA from hereon out is valid.  If you want want to categorize BPA based on positional upgrade needs, that is fair but it won't stop JD from selecting the best player even if it is not a position in need of upgrading.  Sauce kind of demonstrates that.

4 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Anyone upset if we load up and take Ojabo at 38?

At this point, the DE room may be a little crowded.  Lawson, JJ, Huff, Martin, Curry.  I'd rather see JD attack LB, OC, OT, DT and S before another DE.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

They won't take Jones.  Saleh system doesn't emphasize nose tackles types. 

He is not just a NT type, don't let his size fool you.  He can penetrate.  Saleh wants to get to the QB whether it is via EDGE or up the gut.  A starting DT tandem of Jones, JFM and Williams could do just that.  Foley was also able to get penetration but he was not as quick with his first step.  Now that our defensive backfield is somewhat set, I think you'll see the front 7 attacking more effectively.  That is why I never liked the Jordan Davis talk.  He was not a penetrating DT and would not fit with what Saleh seemingly likes.

52 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Leon Washington and Brad Smith were arond for a decade in the NFL and were solid mid round guys 

Yea that Leon Washington, was a very productive player for years no question. But the last twenty our mid round picks have been a failure.