2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I wonder if the team is high on Jonathan Marshall as a rotation piece at DT. 

I think the Jets are pretty fine with what they have at DT. You have to imagine that JFM is going to play more DT.  They signed Solomon Thomas as a rotational piece, Marshall has upside, Tenzel Smart, Shepherd, and Rankins. 

I am more concern with LBer,  we don't really have depth. 

38 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Which QB fit do you guys like the most?

Pickett with Steelers seems like a natural fit. He did well in poor weather situations as well. But Titans is a nice setup for Willis. Gets a year to develop. Strong coaching and running game system. He desperately needs that. 

2 minutes ago, TheGDJets said:

Hopefully a combo of either Lindstrom or West at C and Smith or Beavers at LB

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they took a center. They don't seem to love McGovern; especially long term. I'm thinking they go trenches with both picks. More developmental lottery types with higher ceilings. Maybe a trade down or out all together as well. Get some picks rolling into next year. 

At least we can release Wesco, if he is even on the roster still. That guy was a major bum, he was part of the issue with our early season struggles running the ball. He couldn't block and would miss blocks on a regular basis. Him and Van Roten were pretty big in wrecking our own plays. 

I can't speak highly enough of your guys draft. Truly franchise altering stuff right there.

Giants and Jets both killed the 1st round, but Jets kept it going on day 2. I don't think the Giants did.

Joe Douglas seems like he's gonna be a great GM for you guys for a long time. Learned player evaluation stuff under Ozzie Newsome and then worked under Howie Roseman who is great at contracts and trades (you can already see this has paid off). 

I'm truly happy for you guys.

You've had to endure a lot of pain and embarrassment as Jets fans over the years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I can't speak highly enough of your guys draft. Truly franchise altering stuff right there.

Giants and Jets both killed the 1st round, but Jets kept it going on day 2. I don't think the Giants did.

Joe Douglas seems like he's gonna be a great GM for you guys for a long time. Learned player evaluation stuff under Ozzie Newsome and then worked under Howie Roseman who is great at contracts and trades (you can already see this has paid off). 

I'm truly happy for you guys.

You've had to endure a lot of pain and embarrassment as Jets fans over the years.

We just need it to translate to the field now. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas is the best GM we've ever had and its not even close

I have seen every Jets GM's, and you are 100% correct, Douglas is the best. The moves and picks he made were even better than what Kevin Costner did in the movie DRAFT DAY. I still can't believe how great the draft went for us.

• Like 1