AJ Brown traded to Eagles

615finest

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I hold nothing against AJ. The Eagles we’re willing to give up a first and third in order to pay him fair market value. The fact that we were unwilling to is on us and us alone.

Yeah. My disappointment just comes with he still could have played out his final year. 
I get it. Got his money.
Still. Disappointed. 

Me personally, I'm not gonna factor in what another team was willing to do.  
Another team was willing to give an average WR $72 million doesn't make it right. 
He got his money. Philly got a player. 

Still think Hurts gonna be on the bench or gone next season so....will he want to be traded after that? lol

Part of me felt he took the business side personal and checked out weeks ago, then started the petty twitter stuff. 
I'm old school in that aspect. Handle ya business like a pro, not a high school teen. 

Some of you and I say this as kind as I can because I care about this community. Please take a chill pill and get off the ledge.

If Wayne Gretzky can be traded, so can AJ Brown. Yeah AJ Brown was the best WR we have had in a while and yeah it sucks. But the WR contracts right now are out of control. If this means we lock up Jeffrey Simmons for a long time for big money I am all for it. Jeffrey Simmons impacts the games more than AJ Brown imo.

We still have our best offensive weapon in Derrick Henry. Also I think Burks will be just fine and I don't think he is coming into a bad spot. This could end up being a smart lateral move if Burks turns out to be even just good. Doesn't need to be elite.

AJ Brown god help him the first drop in Philly and being on social media with Philly.

I am sorry guys but this is not the end of the world. Titans got a ton of ammo this draft too still. I think this is going to be a retooling year.

I am fine with it. I get emotions are high but this team has been in way worse spots let's all remember that and stop attacking each other too.

It's just a team we all happen to love. It was a bold move but I get why the Titans did it. You can be pissed that's fine but logically I can see why they did this.

My two cents.

Edited by Titan89

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. The centerpiece of our offense is an aging RB coming off of a major foot injury. I’m sure everything will be fine.

Aye don’t tell me this tell this to the GM who traded the best WR in titan history lol 😆 I’m sure he feels everything will be fine in the hands excuse me on the foot of the best aging RB in the league 

I really think we were prolly trying to get some type of injury clause in his contract or we just weren’t budging on a price because of his injury history.

Steve Smith said it best just now “the team trading you knows you best”. Them soft tissue injuries linger and we prolly were comfortable paying him that whereas the eagle don’t really care because they just need help..

IDK I’m just trying to make myself feel better lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

This trade will be judged on how well Burks and our 35 and 69 picks produce for the the titans over the next 5 years…

If we turn in a great season and those guys do reasonably well, it would be all worth it. 
If we just have a great season...I think it is fine. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. My disappointment just comes with he still could have played out his final year. 
I get it. Got his money.
Still. Disappointed. 

Me personally, I'm not gonna factor in what another team was willing to do.  
Another team was willing to give an average WR $72 million doesn't make it right. 
He got his money. Philly got a player. 

Still think Hurts gonna be on the bench or gone next season so....will he want to be traded after that? lol

Part of me felt he took the business side personal and checked out weeks ago, then started the petty twitter stuff. 
I'm old school in that aspect. Handle ya business like a pro, not a high school teen. 

I was always worried that he’d develop that inevitable diva side

but to my earlier point … we did something To sour the relationship. The deal with Philly isn’t THAT eye popping 

shame on us. Very well possible the beginning of the end. Imo the window is officially closed until we revamp the O with a new qb. Aj was the guy. 

Just now, titans0021 said:

Not trying to be devils advocate but what else is he going to say honestly? It takes two to tango this happened because of him too. He can't wash his hands of it. Clearly they could not agree or he wouldn't have been traded.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You could have just said you made up the numbers. It's an NFL forum, no one is impressed by avoiding that you were making up statistics with tough guy talk.

I didn’t make up any #s as usual you make up sh!+ & put things in my mouth because you can’t comprehend here we go again. All I said was Henry is what makes the offense go based on him getting more touches on avg than brown  avg targets a game. You want to get all technical & name games but when you get through Henry touches the football far more than AJ brown that is a fact how can I pull that out of my a$$ get out yo feelings & stay on the sidewalk 

Edited by TitanRedd

Just now, Titan89 said:

Not trying to be devils advocate but what else is he going to say honestly? It takes two to tango this happened because of him too. He can't wash his hands of it. Clearly they could not agree or he wouldn't have been traded.

If we offered him what Philly offered him, he’d be a Titan. If we weren’t willing to match, that’s on us. That’s our decision.