Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

If you ever get a chance to see his show definitely go. It's crazy good. Show was a couple hours long and felt like 20 minutes it was so mesmerizing and fast paced. 

Didn't he get exposed years ago for secretly getting help from staff or something like that?

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

The fact that they are AT the Senior Bowl means they are already in a less talented group. That’s just a fact.

It also means that they are older than a good chunk of the other prospects.

Those are two very important factors for all NFL evaluators. Shocking that you don’t think so

Which is why he's a 3rd round pick???? I have no idea what your arguing anymore lol. I just simply said he played well in both practice and in the game and that set you off 😄.

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Didn't he get exposed years ago for secretly getting help from staff or something like that?

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Anywhere that I can drink alcohol and watch a magic show though I'm game. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Anywhere that I can drink alcohol and watch a magic show though I'm game. 

Never been to one but I can see how that would be fun. Blaine is someone I would def go see if I ever got the chance.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Which is why he's a 3rd round pick???? I have no idea what your arguing anymore lol. I just simply said he played well in both practice and in the game and that set you off 😄.

Apparently you don’t have a clue what was said from the start. 

it doesn’t matter if he was a 3rd, a 1st, or a 6th. There are guys who I think are more talented with much more potential and younger that were there to pick. And the biggest reason given that he was a good pick was “he practiced well at the Sr Bowl”.

We are full on rebuilding, and I don’t think that’s the type of player that we should be focusing on. Not sure how to are hard to pick up

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not sure how to are hard to pick up

Damn almost had the snark perfect. To answer this somewhat put together diatribe it wasn't about why he was a "good pick". It was about potentially why he was picked. Which is probably what AZ was trying to explain and what I was trying to elaborate on. Let me break it down further. He's my least favorite pick so far. Satisfied? 

7 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Never been to one but I can see how that would be fun. Blaine is someone I would def go see if I ever got the chance.

Definitely do if you get the chance to go to Vegas in the future. Blaine is at the top of my list too. But alot of these shows even the ones with mediocre reviews have been getting ultra expensive lately. Angel was atleast worth a good portion of the price I paid with an entertaining show. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Damn almost had the snark perfect.

Ah the grammar police, a staple of solid defense.

You’re not the only person to bring up the Senior Bowl and his good practice/game/coachability. You just happened to be the one who I quoted. Didn’t know you were going to take it so personally

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Ah the grammar police, a staple of solid defense.

You’re not the only person to bring up the Senior Bowl and his good practice/game/coachability. You just happened to be the one who I quoted. Didn’t know you were going to take it so personally

Trust me that was not me taking it personally. Trying to explain to you my thinking on why Poles picked him is all. Like I said I don't like it.

I agree with the majority that i would have preferred OL/WR in the second round and/or a trade down for more picks.  Ultimately they drafted talented players at positions of need and the Bears are better today than they were yesterday.  Still scratching my head a bit after the Velus pick, but i like the two DBs.  Again not how i envisioned it, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

im wondering if we use future capital to trade into the fourth for an OL?  I would really hate not drafting one before the fifth or sixth round.