OT Abraham Lucas

C Cam Juergens

DT Perrion Winfrey

DT Travis Jones

LB Christian Harris

LB Chad Muma

CB Andrew Booth

CB Kyler Gordon

Pickens, Winfrey & Booth especially would be outstanding fits for what we need at those positions...Booth should have been a 1st rounder...if we could get one of those guys at #39 then use the second 2nd round pick to move back and pick up more picks that would be the best strategy IMO.

I'm starting to wonder with how inexpensive it was to move up in round one how worthwhile it will be to move down in round 2... how big of a drop off in talent are we willing to absorb to pick up what might be a fourth and sixth rounder? We're going to learn a lot about this front office and coaching staff in the next two days.

I'm of the opinion that we have so many holes that I don't care who we draft with those picks just as long as Poles hits on those picks.

That said, I think WR should be a priority. fields needs help.

So in no order

WRs
Pickens: I know there are character concerns but his upside is too good to pass up right now and beggars can't be choosers. We need to get fields some outside help.

Ross: I already watched all of his games and already posted my conclusion here

Moore: I'm not as high on him as others and he seems like a reach for round 2 but again we need help. I wouldnt be opposed to it but....

Watson: He's probably the safest pick. A limited route runner and not as big of an upside as Pickens but I think you end up with a solid receiver in the end who can play slot. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Watson: He's probably the safest pick. A limited route runner and not as big of an upside as Pickens but I think you end up with a solid receiver in the end who can play slot. 

His drop numbers are concerning for me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

WTH? We closed the draft thread before anyone even discussed first round much? 

Not watching In real time.  Just watched GB draft first time.  I came to laugh about GB taking a LB.    LOL

You can still talk about round 1 in here, but this just keeps us from having draft discussions in two places at once.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

His drop numbers are concerning for me.

Me too. It's a legit concern. It's even more alarming considering most of those drops came off hitch and fly routes.  His route tree is limited and him not playing against very much press coverage off the snap, despite his size, is a red alert. 

But again, I feel like we need to get fields some help. Does that mean we should reach for players we normally shouldn't? Probably not, but it's up for debate IMO.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Me too. It's a legit concern. It's even more alarming considering most of those drops came off hitch and fly routes.  His route tree is limited and him not playing against very much press coverage off the snap, despite his size, is a red alert. 

But again, I feel like we need to get fields some help. Does that mean we should reach for players we normally shouldn't? Probably not, but it's up for debate IMO.

Maybe Phil Emery and Ryan Pace down in Atlanta will offer us next year's second and some pick's in this draft for one of our seconds. I wouldn't say no. A Ryan Pace Special, for old time's sake.

9 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Maybe Phil Emery and Ryan Pace down in Atlanta will offer us next year's second and some pick's in this draft for one of our seconds. I wouldn't say no. A Ryan Pace Special, for old time's sake.

I'm not opposed to trading down with one of our 2nds in exchange for more 3rd day picks, at a reasonable price, if the board isn't going right. We need all the help we can get.

But Poles needs to hit on those picks. Especially with #48 since he traded away Mack for it. That pick alone will be heavily scrutinized, regardless of what he does with it.

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Draftniks of this forum - what would your top 17 big board look like as we stand now?  That would at least guarantee one person from that list at each of our next two picks.

Nakobe Dean

Andrew Booth (injury?)

Kyler Gordon

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Travis Jones

Logan Hall

Roger McCreary

Jaquan Brisker

Jalen Pitre

Bernhard Raimann

Perrion Winfrey