Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Convo's getting stale... let's say we stick at 39.

Give me 3 players you'd LOVE:

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

3 players you'd shurg at:

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

3 players you'd "G08-When-Kevin-White-Was-Drafted":

Angry Work GIF

Love: 

WR George Pickens (talent wins for me, and being a PITA isn’t the same as being a cancer)

CB Kyler Gordon (think he’s gonna be an awesome pro)

OT Bernhard Raimann (LOVE his upside and think he can play right away and be capable or better)

Meh:

DT Travis Jones (love the player but likely means a bigger need goes unaddressed)

DT Perrion Winfrey (see Jones)

G08/Kevin White 

WR Alec Pierce (I think his elite athleticism has him grossly overvalued as a football player)

Any LB unless we trade Roquan (our need is for a guy who’s gonna play 35% of the snaps at SLB)

Any RB (just don’t)

• Like 2

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

One dat point proves your point?

Then I guess the handful if other data points blow yours out if the water 

Considering the teams trading down were still at an overall loss it really doesn't...including all data the overall works out at a late 2nd those teams trading down lost combined...but you stick you what you believe dude haha

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Considering the teams trading down were still at an overall loss it really doesn't...including all data the overall works out at a late 2nd those teams trading down lost combined...but you stick you what you believe dude haha

Only if you try to pretend that the MIN move isn’t the result of an incompetent front office. 

Every other trade falls in line with the Charts, especially the newer ones. But keep pretending all those didn’t happen to try and stick to a wrong take. 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Only if you try to pretend that the MIN move isn’t the result of an incompetent front office. 

Every other trade falls in line with the Charts, especially the newer ones. But keep pretending all those didn’t happen to try and stick to a wrong take. 

Factually a correct take...as your numbers proved so thanks bud 😂

43 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Love: 

WR George Pickens (talent wins for me, and being a PITA isn’t the same as being a cancer)

CB Kyler Gordon (think he’s gonna be an awesome pro)

OT Bernhard Raimann (LOVE his upside and think he can play right away and be capable or better)

Meh:

DT Travis Jones (love the player but likely means a bigger need goes unaddressed)

DT Perrion Winfrey (see Jones)

G08/Kevin White 

WR Alec Pierce (I think his elite athleticism has him grossly overvalued as a football player)

Any LB unless we trade Roquan (our need is for a guy who’s gonna play 35% of the snaps at SLB)

Any RB (just don’t)

Let's just say for the sake of argument Breece Hall is there. Not even a little tempted? It's something I've been thinking about today. Probably the best offensive weapon available right now. 

Olin made a point on CHGO I disagree with.  Let me explain.  

He says Faalele is not a fit because he is too big.  He says Faalele, moves people N/S rather than E/W and we want E/W.   

I agree in sense that if you want him to get off ball and reach someone, yes bigger guys have more trouble with that.

But if object is to move someone I don't care which direction they go, just put them on skates and move them.   If defender is on my right, I am not going to jump right and square up with him.  I am going to hit closest shoulder and move him right, if he jumps inside me I am hitting and passing him off to G and look for next guy to kill OR if coach wants us to stick with count I just take him left instead since that is where he wanted to go.   

And think about it from DL perspective.  Are you going to bull rush a monster?  No.  You are going to attack their edges and try to get past them upfield as quick as you can. 

Which makes it way easier to move them sideways if that is the scheme, which it is.   Move them E OR W and let RB make the cut off it.  That is THEIR job.

Then being that long in pass pro is a huge advantage.   They can't bull you and they have to go waaaaay around you.   As long as your aren't a stiff and can't move (like some guys) you are good most of time.  Especially with a guy like Fields.  

Evan Neal who is who Faalele could become with more experience and coaching.   I think he is great value in late second or third.  

Huge guys who do not carry their weight unnaturally are always guys I like.    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oh really? I must have missed where you claimed the trades would be a negative gross. You really do get precise with your takes

No my take was you wouldn't be able to get as much value for picks as in previous years given this is a quantity over quality draft...your numbers simply helped prove that...thanks again.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Olin made a point on CHGO I disagree with.  Let me explain.  

He says Faalele is not a fit because he is too big.  He says Faalele, moves people N/S rather than E/W and we want E/W.   

I agree in sense that if you want him to get off ball and reach someone, yes bigger guys have more trouble with that.

But if object is to move someone I don't care which direction they go, just put them on skates and move them.   If defender is on my right, I am not going to jump right and square up with him.  I am going to hit closest shoulder and move him right, if he jumps inside me I am hitting and passing him off to G and look for next guy to kill OR if coach wants us to stick with count I just take him left instead since that is where he wanted to go.   

And think about it from DL perspective.  Are you going to bull rush a monster?  No.  You are going to attack their edges and try to get past them upfield as quick as you can. 

Which makes it way easier to move them sideways if that is the scheme, which it is.   Move them E OR W and let RB make the cut off it.  That is THEIR job.

Then being that long in pass pro is a huge advantage.   They can't bull you and they have to go waaaaay around you.   As long as your aren't a stiff and can't move (like some guys) you are good most of time.  Especially with a guy like Fields.  

Evan Neal who is who Faalele could become with more experience and coaching.   I think he is great value in late second or third.  

Huge guys who do not carry their weight unnaturally are always guys I like.    

Not that simple on a zone scheme like this though...your basically looking for a moving wall...if one prick in that wall is missing because they have taken a guy off in a different direction is is pretty easy for defenders to flow through it.

21 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Let's just say for the sake of argument Breece Hall is there. Not even a little tempted? It's something I've been thinking about today. Probably the best offensive weapon available right now. 

Not in the slightest man.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No my take was you wouldn't be able to get as much value for picks as in previous years given this is a quantity over quality draft...your numbers simply helped prove that...thanks again.

And your take is wrong. 7 pick for pick trades and 5 of them for sure fall right in line with the TVC. A creation from 3 decades ago. And a 6th falls in line with the newer ones.

You are using one outlier, a bad move by a single team, something that happens every single year, to try prove a point that is incorrect. I never said we or anyone else we’re getting a haul in a trade, you are the one claiming that there is a change  

Over a third of the league has made trades thus far and agreed that the picks are all worth the same as have been in the past. And that’s without any of these moves being for a QB, which is what pushes the gross heavily to the positive

34 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Not for me. We need more talent at different positions, not the ones where we already have capable players (and good depth.

I also personally think the gap between Hall and Isaiah Spiller is really small.